Fairly new player (4-5 days playing), Deck.

So currently my deck consists of:

2x Holy Smite
2x Power World Shield
2x Northshire Cleric
1x Divine Spirit
2x Shadow Word Pain
2x River Crocolisc
1x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Shadow Word Death
2x Shattered Sun Cleric
2x Chillwind Yeti
1x Lightspawn (only got one)
2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
2x Holy Nova
2x Darkscale Healer
1x Lord of the Arena
1x Temple Enforcer (I like this one in combination with Lightspawn or a taunt, but considering dropping it.)
2x Stormwind Champion
1x Raganaros

So my biggest problem are usually "zerg rush" decks, hunters and murlocs spring to mind. I seem to lack anything to counter them. Rolled up to rank 16 or something on my second day of rated, but since fell because I was first murloc rushed by a warlock and then thrice by hunters.
Only way to prevent this seems to be getting lucky with a holy nova and going second, allowing me to use it on turn 4 to wipe out all the "small fries", one warlock with a murloc deck just left after I managed to do that killing off nearly all of his murlocs.

Does anyone have a bit of advice for me, what cards to craft, what to exchange. My collection is fairly small at the moment. I got some lightwells and stuff though I think.
Reply Quote
Your mana curve is really high. Especially for what is in your deck, you don't really have the structure to stall until the late game. Lose some high end add low end.

Just keep playing and getting new cards, you have a Ragnaros so that's a pretty big boon and should help you out significantly.

Once you have enough cards start thinking about how your want to play and develop your deck to follow that idea. Then we can offer pointers on how to better achieve the win conditions that your going for.
Reply Quote
If you are concerned with early game agro, replace the Shadow Word Pains with Wild Pyromancer, he combos well with smite and especially Power Word Shield to help get tokens/murlocs off the board

River Crocolisc Isn't very good, it trades too easily with all the random 3/2s running around. You would be better off with Knife Juggler, Mad Bomber, or Fairie Dragon if you want a two drop, Harvest Golem if you want a 2/3

I was going to list a bunch of things but I don't want to overwhelm you with changes, try out some of these changes and see if you like it better
Reply Quote
Hey thanks for the responses so far.

I built my deck mostly around "healable" so to say minions, so I could get the maximum benefit out of the northshire clerics. I've looked at some of those cards and noticed that almost all of them would be unhealable (?).

Both the Knife Juggler and Mad Bomber have some nice abilities though and I could see their use but isn't the Wild Pyromancer pretty dangerous to your own cards in a lot of "non rush" deck situations since he damages those also? Altough abusing his ability with a northshire cleric and a holy nova/aoe healer might be a ver nice thing.
Reply Quote
It is often good to have multiple game finishers or win conditions. Some win conditions can be in the mid game around turn 6... and some in the later game at turn 8+. Stormwind champion is great.. but it is often a "win-more" card. He is often most effective when you already have the board.

Rag is a great late game closer. Temple enforcer is a good mid game closer.

Just a couple of my changes would go like this:

- lord of the arena
- 2x stormwind
+1 temple enforcer (cabal/cairne is your best bet for a 6mana card)
-1 lightspawn...

this means you can add some mid game and early game UMPH.
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 09:33 AMPosted by Redoing
If you are concerned with early game agro, replace the Shadow Word Pains with Wild Pyromancer, he combos well with smite and especially Power Word Shield to help get tokens/murlocs off the board

River Crocolisc Isn't very good, it trades too easily with all the random 3/2s running around. You would be better off with Knife Juggler, Mad Bomber, or Fairie Dragon if you want a two drop, Harvest Golem if you want a 2/3

I was going to list a bunch of things but I don't want to overwhelm you with changes, try out some of these changes and see if you like it better

Personally not a fan of Fairie dragon in my priest deck. Too many times when I could have gotten more utility out of a minion I could heal.
Reply Quote
Oh well, I'll be getting two knife jugglers for the time being and two harvest golems, especially since I could play the former in a Shaman/Paladin deck also and I considered making one of those after my current one.

Not keen on losing the lightspawn, I actually considered adding another one since I do get a 5/5 for "just" 4 mana and it often forces them to use hard removals or extend several other minions in an effort to murder them before I can buff them to oblivion.

I can see the point of removing Champion of Stormwind, altough this would leave me with very few "strong" late game minions wouldn't it?

And the Lord of the Arena, I only have 3 taunts in my entire deck, aren't two a bit to little?

Thanks for the advice so far.
Reply Quote
You should definitely remove that Divine Spirit. The DS/Inner Fire/High HP minion combo usually gets shut down much more often than that one time you successfully squeeze out a 20/20 minion.

I've never been very fond of Lightspawn, but it shouldn't hurt at this level of play.

If you can, maybe try and replace those Crocolisks for some Sunfury Protectors. They have the same stats except you can get some emergency taunts. Lord of the Arena is usually bad because of its stat distribution. It's low life means the opponent can usually trade 2 small minions into it, essentially making it a 6 Mana Shieldmasta.

Also if I could ask, what is your primary source of obtaining cards? I would advise disenchating against anything and everything on sight to complete this deck. It's not worth it and you'll probably need a handful of those cards later on.
Edited by Donbot on 3/20/2014 6:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I exchanged both Crocoliscs for Knife Jugglers already who'd also fit into a Shaman/Paladin deck, the only one I might be interested aside from Priest at this time, haven't even unlocked most of the basic cards for the other classes.

I got my dust from failing at arena twice and disenchanting a single card. Got me around 250 dust, 200 are gone by now around 50 I still have left. The Sunfury Protectors I hadn't even considered (I don't know why) but they effectively turn chillwind yetis into more effective shieldmastas with slightly higher cost, I think I'll try and fit two of those into my deck, quite likely one replacing the Master of the Arena, the other one maybe for a Stormwind Champion.

Ah and my primary resource of obtaining cards is playing randon matches/doing the daily. I'm at a 90% victory rate for random and since I'm grinding levels anyway for the gold cards and have quite a bit fun it's not tedious to me to do so yet. Altough 30 games for 10 gold is quite a lot. ;(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]