Priest is by far the worst class in ranked

Hope something changes though I seriously doubt it. I love my priest and want to play it exclusively for ranked however it is so terrible compared to all my other decks....

The problem is it is just very inconsistent. You can pull off amazing combos but are reliant on drawing the cards at the right time. My priest deck is one I have invested the most in, both time and dust wise. I am not saying it is impossible to rank up with a priest, it is however the slowest of all the classes by far.

I fluctuate between ranks 10 - 13 and sadly a typical session of ranked looks like this:
Play priest deck : win 1 out of 3 games on average
Switch to aggro warrior at one third of the dust cost: win 90% of games, get win streaks and hit rank 10.
Switch back to priest: again slowly slide down the ranks.

Even some of the best Priest streamers such as Era or Amaz are switching classes. Era rarely plays priest anymore and Amaz plays other decks off stream to regain the ranks he loses while playing his priest deck :( WTB a new class card that will make us less reliant on very specific combos to pull of wins. I would love to instead of closer games more consistently rather than either me absolutely destroying the opponent or getting destroyed.

I have tried all sorts of variations of priest decks, auchenai/circle of healing combos, wild pyromancers for anti aggro, divine spirit/inner fire cheese, mix of all of those as well as deck lists of players much better than me. Just can't get to a comfortable win percentage and I guess I get jealous of the 85-90% win rate of my warrior deck =/
Reply Quote
Amaz has just achieved legendary with this deck: http://puu.sh/7Cp6T.jpg
Although it's definitely not an easy job to do.
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 12:51 AMPosted by Rewenger
http://puu.sh/7Cp6T.jpg

yup I have used that deck and watched him stream a lot. He did do a lot of ranking off stream using other decks like druid. But yea on stream you usually see him either on a great win streak or terrible losing streak, not much in between.

Wonder if it is just a better deck for high ranked play where most decks are pretty predictable, either handlock, control warrior mid range shaman, watcher druid and sometimes zoo. I know he did go rank 5 to 3 off stream and then started winning again with priest.
Reply Quote
Of course it's high risk, high reward. But the class has some of the most unfair mechanics in the game. Worse than Warlock or Rush hunter.

Edit: Let's see divine spirit/inner fire, infinite heals thus can survive after cards are all drawn out, steal AND get extra cards, can take control of most minions, can change its hero ability to do a potential of +4 damage etc

Now name one other class that is as broken as that?
Edited by Glaston on 3/20/2014 1:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 12:59 AMPosted by Glaston
Of course it's high risk, high reward. But the class has some of the most unfair mechanics in the game. Worse than Warlock or Rush hunter.

Edit: Let's see divine spirit/inner fire, infinite heals thus can survive after cards are all drawn out, steal AND get extra cards, can take control of most minions, can change its hero ability to do a potential of +4 damage etc

Now name one other class that is as broken as that?

I don't really know any good priest players that use either divine spirit or inner fire so it isn't something you will run into often. As for stealing minions, cabal priest is pretty easy to play around with any sort of buff card such as defender of argus or shattered sun. Similar with shadow madness.
To be perfectly honest, if you don't like priests, you can ruin their day by running 4 attack minions... we can't remove or steal them. So yetis and cairn are a huge pain to deal with. But again, the class is so inconsistent that for every priest that frustrates and beats you there will be 3 others that you destroy. I wouldn't be surprised if all the crying lead to a redesign and in turn made priest much stronger than it actually is now.

As for another class that is broken? Druid. It is one of the most versatile classes and there is always at least one in top 3 of every tournament.
Reply Quote
I fluctuate between rank 2-4 as priest only. Its so easy to get legendary with warlock or shaman tho. But im not even tempted. Legendary means very little to be honest. Especially, at the end of the month. I just play for fun. Imho, azure drakes are not played enough in priest decks. And they've been very kind to me. Its an excellent 5 drop. And has synergy with holy smite, holy fire and holy nova.
Edited by Zampok on 3/20/2014 2:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 02:56 AMPosted by Zampok
I fluctuate between rank 2-4 as priest only. Its so easy to get legendary with warlock or shaman tho. But im not even tempted. Legendary means very little to be honest. Especially, at the end of the month. I just play for fun. Imho, azure drakes are not played enough in priest decks. And they've been very kind to me. Its an excellent 5 drop. And has synergy with holy smite, holy fire and holy nova.

I agree it helps with card draw and is a decent drop, just hard to decide what to replace for it. It is true that other than getting <20 for card backs there is no real incentive to go for legendary. Other than bragging rights :p So I might as well play the class I enjoy. It just gets disheartening when rng doesn't go your way and you get destroyed.
Reply Quote
To echo those above, in my experience priest seems to be pretty inconsistent. If i get the right draws I can reek hell with a buffed up whirlwind harpy (think divine spirit + inner fire). Getting there without dying and having your opponent in a place where you can exploit it though doesn't happen often.
Reply Quote
Priest is inconsistent becouse compared to almost every other class it has !@#$ty card draw mechanic. Maybe warrior and shaman as well, but warrior is not so reliant on combos as Priest and Shaman can wait out with his awesome removals. We can't pull off our combos consistently, becouse unlike rogues, we have to relly on top decking.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]