Just came here to say priests need a nerf

How is it fair for a hero to get extra cards, take control of minions and destroy any minion that isn't 4 attack?

hurr durr look at the win rate. People just aren't playing priests as much as other classes.
Reply Quote
priest is widely considered the weakest class atm
Reply Quote
>Widely [citation needed]
>"considered"

My thanks
Reply Quote
You think maybe there's a reason priest isn't played much?
I'll give you a minute.
Reply Quote
I won't say Priests need a "nerf" but I will say they're no fun to play against.

They have a lot of ways to take your cards, and this is incredibly frustrating. I don't care about nukes, or removal spells - that's all fine and good. What annoys me is when a priest will play cards that steal from my hand, my deck, or my board. They have a number of options to do this and it sucks to feel as though you've just played against your own deck.

I take the time to craft a card, why should another player benefit from it? To me it feels like nothing more than a shoddy mechanic thrown in with little thought of how it impacts the game.

I realize priests aren't a top tier class. To me that's irrelevant. I see the removal of "thieving" cards as an opportunity to inject new life into the priest class and allow them to perform better by giving them skills/cards that actually reflect how awesome the class could be.

Really, in WoW, priests only had one trick up their sleeve with regard to stealing from other players. Why in Hearthstone do they have four or five methods of doing so?

At the end of the day, it's just not fun. For a game that's marketed as being casual and fun, I don't see how someone spending tons of time crafting a legendary that is stolen in a game is particularly fun (at least not for the non-priest player.)

TL:DR - stealing cards is a lame mechanic. The class would be better off if these cards were replaced with something more fitting.
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 09:17 PMPosted by Glaston
How is it fair for a hero to get extra cards, take control of minions and destroy any minion that isn't 4 attack?

hurr durr look at the win rate. People just aren't playing priests as much as other classes.

Not sure if troll or if mind blowingly stupid...

hurr durr the win RATE is the percentage of wins that each priest gets, that "People just aren't playing priests as much as other classes." would have no effect on a win RATE whatsoever. Seriously, stop trying to sound like you're smart, because you just come off like you needed to wake up in whatever special ed class you dozed off in.
Edited by Skunkie on 3/19/2014 10:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's a troll...

And what good is it for me to steal a grimscale oracle or a murloc war leader from my opponents deck?
Likewise what the heck to I do with a starving buzzard? It's a situational mechanic that rarely really pays off.
I would greatly prefer a card from my deck that was meant to combo with something in my hand then rolling the dice and getting some random card that is either garbage for me or could even help my opponent.

Against control decks it's better since your probably going to at least get something beefy, other than that to unpredictable.
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 10:01 PMPosted by Skunkie

hurr durr the win RATE is the percentage of wins that each priest gets, that "People just aren't playing priests as much as other classes." would have no effect on a win RATE whatsoever. Seriously, stop trying to sound like you're smart, because you just come off like you needed to wake up in whatever special ed class you dozed off in.

I'm guessing your >20 and think you know everything. Sigh people just never learn. Can't argue with kids these days.
Reply Quote

Just checked your post history. Obvious you play priest and don't want to see a nerf to your class when it needs one. It's unbalanced and you know it. Or you wouldn't be fan boying that class. You're so smart bro. Keep it up
Edited by Glaston on 3/20/2014 12:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You should try playing a priest in ranked, wonder how fast you will switch back to whatever is your main deck. Yes priests have the option for nice plays, but it is so inconsistent, you end up losing a lot more than you win.

Sadly people only remember that one time that this priest totally used thoughtsteal and got their best legendary and then even was able to mind control it again and get double rag/tirion/x/etc. It happens, true but they never seem to remember the 9 other times that the priest was destroyed because he couldn't draw the cards he needed.

I get a 85-90% win rate with warrior as compared to 45-50% with priest, even though I invested in all the cards that any type of priest deck would ever use and tried them all. this it at ranks 10 to 13.
Edited by Butler on 3/20/2014 12:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 12:47 AMPosted by Butler

Sadly people only remember that one time that this priest totally used thoughtsteal and got their best legendary and then even was able to mind control it again and get double rag/tirion/x/etc. It happens, true but they never seem to remember the 9 other times that the priest was destroyed because he couldn't draw the cards he needed.

The truth has been spoken.

Op is an idiot with too much time to cry. The evidence is against you and btw, people don't play priest because it's weak, not the other way around. Even I love my priest but play my druid more in ranked because it's laughably stronger in every way;

http://i.imgur.com/hw6VV7f.png

You'll notice in a lot of cases classes actually have a significantly higher number of games than priests, yet they are still bottom of the pile in all aspects of the game. You may remove yourself from the forums now.
Edited by Deadsy on 3/20/2014 3:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Just checked your post history. Obvious you play priest and don't want to see a nerf to your class when it needs one. It's unbalanced and you know it. Or you wouldn't be fan boying that class. You're so smart bro. Keep it up

Remind me, what is a priest's win rate against other classes? Oh, that's right, it's less than 50% on average. Quit crying. If you need a nerf against the class that is least likely to win, then you're probably bad.
Edited by TheDude on 3/20/2014 3:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I keep seeing these posts over and over again so lets look at some facts and interpretations of those facts:

http://hearthstats.net/reports/jan/index.html

http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/constructed-strategy/1358-hs-class-power-ranks-march-2014

Priest consistently ranks at the bottom of the pool, that one time a Priest owned you doesn't negate the 9 other times you crushed him.
Reply Quote
Priest is honestly a parasite class.

Their whole gameplay revolves around turning the tables on the opponent by using his/ her own cards/ minions against him.

They do have some nice gimmicks to heal and stuff but generally that doesn't work.

I'd say priests are good in end game, because they can take your minions, but the lesson lies in baiting them into using them early.
Reply Quote
I main Priest and 70% of the deck is neutral cards lol. Priests are not strong and they get countered by so many different decks while only doing relatively strong against one... Handlock.

Thoughtsteal and Mind Vision are not good cards by the way, its RNG plus they are expensive for what they do. I do admit Shadow Madness is really strong but thats just one card thats really really strong out of the whole Priest arsenal. Cabal Shadow Priest is a SIX drop that takes a TWO ATTACK creature. If you have a 2 attack creature on turn 6, then you should re-evaluate your mana curve.

btw I'm currently stuck at rank 10 and 9 which is about 50% winrate
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]