Northshire Cleric

How is it, 95% of the time I queue up and go up against a priest... they start with Northshire Cleric.
I may be doing the math in my head wrong but even with 2 in the deck thats like a 6% chance...

But nope, every single time.
Edited by ZhadowZ on 3/19/2014 6:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Chance of getting one card you want out of those 30 is at least three times as big as one you mentioned (you are calculating as if you'd be drawing only 1 card), even bigger chance if you go second.
Reply Quote
Assuming a starting hand of 4 cards..
2/30 + 2/29 + 2/28 + 2/27 = minimum 28% chance to draw at least 1 cleric
Counting a full mulligan
+ 2/30 + 2/29 + 2/28 = minimum 49% chance to draw at least 1 cleric

Higher chances for going 2nd.
Reply Quote
If i run 2 of a card the odds of getting it on turn 1 (if 1st) would be 12/30 from the initial draw3 and returning cards then another 2/30 for the turn draw so 14/30, little under 50%

going 2nd would be 18/30 so 60%

This is assuming that we Priests really want a turn 1 cleric, not a good call against some classes. Druids usually will coin wrath or something to kill it

Edit:above post is right i didn't take into account cards you are drawing
Edited by ChaosAE on 3/19/2014 6:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Assuming you go first, you can't get muliganed cards and you do a full mulligan on the first turn, the odds of getting one are actually:
1-((28/30*27/29*26/28*25/27*24/26*23/25)*25/27) = 41.2%

Either way its pretty high. I would much rather do a full muligan for a smite than a Cleric to be honest. I consider Cleric more of a mid game "im running out of steam and need cards" card
Reply Quote
^But you can get cards that you mulligan.

So the the probability needs to reset for the second draw since the cards you mulligan got sent back into your deck.
Reply Quote
None the less, its annoying. Priest are nothing but prolongers, I either cleave them down by round 4-5. Or they draw out the fight until round 13 and finally win..
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 07:27 AMPosted by Rocuu
^But you can get cards that you mulligan.

So the the probability needs to reset for the second draw since the cards you mulligan got sent back into your deck.

I meant that you can't recieve back the mulliganed card in the mulligan draw, I know you can recieve back the muliganed cards on the turn one draw, it happened to me yesterday
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 08:39 AMPosted by ZhadowZ
None the less, its annoying. Priest are nothing but prolongers, I either cleave them down by round 4-5. Or they draw out the fight until round 13 and finally win..

On the contrary, I find brainless aggro annoying. Why do you even queue up for a match if all you're going to do is mindlessly go for the face and turn the match into a zero-skill RNG fest that is decided by the few cards each player got to draw?

Go flip coins while staring at a picture of World of Warcraft, then cheer enthusiastically for yourself whenever the coin comes up heads, instead of polluting this game with your mindless cancer.
Reply Quote
If I'm going second I'll just coin out a 3/2 or even a 2/3.

I honestly don't mind if an opposing priest wastes his turn 2 for a draw on my 2/3. Even better if its an Amani Berserker.
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 09:08 AMPosted by Headshot
On the contrary, I find brainless aggro annoying. Why do you even queue up for a match if all you're going to do is mindlessly go for the face and turn the match into a zero-skill RNG fest that is decided by the few cards each player got to draw?

Go flip coins while staring at a picture of World of Warcraft, then cheer enthusiastically for yourself whenever the coin comes up heads, instead of polluting this game with your mindless cancer.

This, one million times!

I would add that it's really a disgrace that some good players even consider playing aggro in tournaments, or that tournament organizers allow such decks. It really gives a bad example.
Reply Quote
I've only been playing a couple days, though I used to play Magic back in the day. I'm focusing on priest first because I love the class spell of healing. Anyways, at first, I mulliganed every card that was not a Northshire Cleric. Maybe that's why you see it so regularly. Power word shield is also only 1 mana, so that equates to an early card advantage while rushing your opponent to waste CC/silence/DD on it instead of your more important cards.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]