Warsong Commander, Raider and Gorehowl

So this just happened to me. Guy played a Warsong Commander, had a Gorehowl with 6 Attack left, summoned a Bloodsail Raider, which got charge (since it was a 2/3) and then afterwards received the +6 attack so I had a 8/3 with charge facing me. Then to top it off he used Youthful Brewmaster to retrieve it etc.

Sure it's a small chance to make that exact combo, but do you think a Bloodsail Raider should get the charge from the Warsong commander? Quite silly in my book that the charge goes before the buff of the weapon.
Reply Quote
That's technically correct for now, and probably intended, too, since the Warsong nerf happened a long time ago and Blizz hasn't changed it ever since. As for whether it's balanced... I believe it is, because you need 3 cards to pull it off, and it can't be done in one turn. For a 3-card combo that happens over 2 turns it's not that high a damage, and it's not like Warsong is currently usable or practical. It works in these niche situations, but that's about it.
Reply Quote
I had a warsong commander and flesheating ghoul on the field and he got charge, then after i killed like 4 of his minions i had a 7/3 charge. I assume warsong commander just works off the initial values and counts the others as buffs?
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 11:51 AMPosted by Citywok
warsong commander just works off the initial values
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 10:55 AMPosted by Phoenix
That's technically correct for now

The best kind of correct.
Reply Quote
My guess is that the charge mechanic takes priority over trigger and thus you get nasty combos like that. I'll have to remember this.
Reply Quote
They can nerf my Bloodsails after they nerf Unleash the Hounds.
Reply Quote
In arena I had a charging Frothing and a Wild Pyro and managed to get a 10/3 Charger, I feel bad for my opponent
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]