Warrior decks sporting about 6 legendaries

03/28/2014 08:55 AMPosted by Ravis
Just out of curiousity .. do other classes have a good time using the same # of legendaries as this?

I see druids using just as many or more, with inervate they get even more value off like a turn 6-7 ysrea, rag, alex, or turn 4 sylvanas or cairne.

Pally control runs a full sweep most of the time with tirion.

Priest runs cairne, sylv, ysera, rag, and i have seen bloodmage and others in builds.
Reply Quote
03/28/2014 09:04 AMPosted by TheDukeOfTBC
03/28/2014 08:55 AMPosted by Ravis
Just out of curiousity .. do other classes have a good time using the same # of legendaries as this?

I see druids using just as many or more, with inervate they get even more value off like a turn 6-7 ysrea, rag, alex, or turn 4 sylvanas or cairne.

Priest runs cairne, sylv, ysera, rag, and i have seen bloodmage and others in builds.

Priest has been adding Alex/Velen (Curve smoothing with Velen) lately as well, it can afford to honestly.
I think other than Warrior, only Paladin (Giants runs a !@#$ton, non-Giants runs...jesus christ) and Priest sport larger or equal Legendary pools. Most Druids have shunned 2 Legendarys in favor of Savage Roar-Force of Nature since they need to close out fast vs. Control or they simply lose.
Reply Quote
03/28/2014 07:47 PMPosted by VSarius
03/28/2014 09:04 AMPosted by TheDukeOfTBC

Priest has been adding Alex/Velen (Curve smoothing with Velen) lately as well, it can afford to honestly.
I think other than Warrior, only Paladin (Giants runs a !@#$ton, non-Giants runs...jesus christ) and Priest sport larger or equal Legendary pools. Most Druids have shunned 2 Legendarys in favor of Savage Roar-Force of Nature since they need to close out fast vs. Control or they simply lose.

Honestly I think FoN roar combo has fallen off a bit. The droods I have played against have played it and normally dont even get board position off of it. And against droods because they play so slow I normally have crap tons of armor, sure, 14 dmg to my face and u have no board, go ahead. I only have 8 armor and 20+ hp left lol. The best way of dealing with druids is having enough low drop threats to make them bust what little removal they have (frothing is a lightning rod for this.) I have had druids in the lower ranks but swipes on a single korkron. Druids have a rough time against the ultra late game because of lack of removal.
Reply Quote
03/29/2014 02:44 AMPosted by TheDukeOfTBC

Honestly I think FoN roar combo has fallen off a bit. The droods I have played against have played it and normally dont even get board position off of it. And against droods because they play so slow I normally have crap tons of armor, sure, 14 dmg to my face and u have no board, go ahead. I only have 8 armor and 20+ hp left lol. The best way of dealing with druids is having enough low drop threats to make them bust what little removal they have (frothing is a lightning rod for this.) I have had druids in the lower ranks but swipes on a single korkron. Druids have a rough time against the ultra late game because of lack of removal.

Yeah, it's a bad match-up for them. The FoNRoar is I think primarily targeted vs. Handlock since they have real problems dealing with a >14 damage burst and may not be able to keep the board completely clear from Druids midgame potential without an early Mountain Giant draw.

I think against Control Warrior, it should be used as just the FoN or just the roar off board position to clear a large threat, still I have yet to lose to any sort of Control Druid with C.Warrior except one crazy time where the guy coined Ancient Watcher into Innervate-Keeper into Innervate-Druid of the Claw. That...that was harsh.
Reply Quote
03/29/2014 08:18 AMPosted by VSarius

Yeah, it's a bad match-up for them. The FoNRoar is I think primarily targeted vs. Handlock since they have real problems dealing with a >14 damage burst and may not be able to keep the board completely clear from Druids midgame potential without an early Mountain Giant draw.

I think against Control Warrior, it should be used as just the FoN or just the roar off board position to clear a large threat, still I have yet to lose to any sort of Control Druid with C.Warrior except one crazy time where the guy coined Ancient Watcher into Innervate-Keeper into Innervate-Druid of the Claw. That...that was harsh.

I lost to turn 2 innervate yeti, into turn 3 coin yeti, into turn 4 argus. I didnt see a single execute, shield slam, or brawl. was way too much
Reply Quote
The Warrior class as a whole doesn't actually have a whole lot of lategame offensive cards. Early game it does, but late game it's just Arcane Reaper/Gorehowl and Grom as threats. Also, the class hero power lends itself to a control playstyle. It's even less aggressive than the Priest hero power which at least can help maintain board control.

That being said, the game's been available for a while. I've spent only $8 on the game for Gelbin and a couple arena entries and have about 15 legendaries at this point. But I've been playing since October and have grinded arenas. It definitely takes time to get cards, but just because someone can make this deck doesn't mean they paid.
Reply Quote
03/29/2014 11:43 AMPosted by Enzymez
The Warrior class as a whole doesn't actually have a whole lot of lategame offensive cards. Early game it does, but late game it's just Arcane Reaper/Gorehowl and Grom as threats. Also, the class hero power lends itself to a control playstyle. It's even less aggressive than the Priest hero power which at least can help maintain board control.

That being said, the game's been available for a while. I've spent only $8 on the game for Gelbin and a couple arena entries and have about 15 legendaries at this point. But I've been playing since October and have grinded arenas. It definitely takes time to get cards, but just because someone can make this deck doesn't mean they paid.

To be fair, that's a !@#$ton of lategame offense. Look at Paladin, they have Tirion+Ashbringer for a combined 21 damage and Avenging Wrath for 8 (if running one like you should), total 29. Warrior has 10 in Arcanite (if running 1), 7 in Gorehowl (if you just use it on the face, I mean Gorehowl for removal is just ludicrous value), and at least 10 in Gromm. 27 lategame damage. Considering Gromm can be relied to hit twice pretty much always, you get the point.
Edited by VSarius on 3/29/2014 11:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]