here's a decklist (currently legend #48 NA)

http://imgur.com/WETO4yq

to climb you might need to lower the curve:
can remove: faceless / thoughtsteal / mind control
can add: holy smite / sunfury / holy fire / auchenai / earthen / harvest golem

it's nothing fancy, but it might help some of you out.
gl hf (and avoid the handlocks)
Edited by biz on 3/21/2014 12:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i dont think uve climbed legend with that deck.
Reply Quote
Harrison Jones? Seems way too situational a card to be useful
Reply Quote
I don't think this deck went to Legend. The lack of proof supports my theory.
Reply Quote
If it is or not doesn't matter much, I tried it out and it has a lot of interesting synergies and I know I'm not playing the deck anywhere near optimally.
Reply Quote
If I sold you a computer and told you that it runs BF4 smoothly, but it didn't - wouldn't it matter much?

There's not even a single removal for big threats, this deck can't work O.o And a 10 mana Mind Control is not what I call a reliable removal.
Edited by Karatevater on 3/21/2014 1:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I found the deck fun to play, and that's the only metric I really go by when playing a game.

Personally the analogy I'd use is that of taking a car out for a test drive. I'm not going to spend the effort and time required to learn how the deck works in and out and then grind ranks with it, but with the games I went through with it I found it an enjoyable experience.

My deck used some of his substitution options, and I don't have a Rag (but that didn't seem to hurt the deck that much), but in the end I found it to have good AoE, draw, and damage potentials; depending on what cards you ended up drawing.
Reply Quote
03/21/2014 12:13 AMPosted by biz
http://imgur.com/WETO4yq

to climb you might need to lower the curve:
can remove: faceless / thoughtsteal / mind control
can add: holy smite / sunfury / holy fire / auchenai / earthen / harvest golem

it's nothing fancy, but it might help some of you out.
gl hf (and avoid the handlocks)

you say to climb.. we might need to lower the curve...

IF you did go to legendary with priest, then you didn't climb with this deck that you posted. For all we know you could have climbed with a Warrior deck..
Edited by RatedGG on 3/21/2014 5:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
proof that sw:p and sw:d need massive buffs.
Reply Quote
03/21/2014 08:04 AMPosted by Gyroscope
Harrison Jones? Seems way too situational a card to be useful

harrison jones is about sacrificing about 1 mana in stats (out of 5 mana) for its battlecry

another way of looking at it is that 20% of the cost of the card is situational
cabal shadow priest is 33% situational (4 mana is for the 4/5 minion. 2 mana is for the theft)
shadow: word death is 100% situational

03/21/2014 01:28 PMPosted by Karatevater
If I sold you a computer and told you that it runs BF4 smoothly, but it didn't - wouldn't it matter much?

There's not even a single removal for big threats, this deck can't work O.o And a 10 mana Mind Control is not what I call a reliable removal.

I'm not claiming you'll instantly reach my rank by using this deck or that you'll be capable of playing it well enough.

it's just available to refer to, which might be helpful for some people, given how unplayable priest is.

this deck is more about putting threats on the board rather than removing whatever the enemy plays. there just aren't many early big threats that high-level players actually run.

the exception is handlocks, which are too strong for preist. it would be nice if that matchup was fair, but the cost of putting in removal is way too high, especially when jaraxus still wins even if you can neutralize the other threats.

03/21/2014 05:36 PMPosted by RatedGG
you say to climb.. we might need to lower the curve...

IF you did go to legendary with priest, then you didn't climb with this deck that you posted. For all we know you could have climbed with a Warrior deck..

before legend, I used +1 smite, +1 sunfury, -1 faceless, -1 mind control
at times there was also +1 thalnos, -1 alchemist

I needed more wins vs aggro climbing lower ranks and more wins vs control climbing legend.

if I did climb with other classes, I must be the best hearthstone player in the world because my ranked stats are:
13 druid wins
12 warrior wins
2 rogue wins
253 priest wins
0 hunter wins
1 warlock win
0 paladin wins
0 shaman wins
0 mage wins
Reply Quote
it definately helps non-legendary players to see the actual deck you climbed with rather then just the end product which is catered towards a bit more late game.
Edited by RatedGG on 3/21/2014 7:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]