"Budget" warrior, thoughts?

Been playing 100% on a budget. I haven't spent a dime so far and I think I am doing very well.
I have been playing control warrior, but pretty much my own brew. I built mine and then saw a couple lists, but most of the changes have to deal with epics and legendary cards i don't have. Here is the current list.

2x Execute
2x Whirlwind
2x Fiery War Axe
1x Battle rage
2x Slam
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Armorsmith
2x Cruel Taskmaster
2x Shield Block
1x Acolyte of pain
2x Frothing Berserker
2x Arathi Weaponsmith
2x Kor'kron Elite
1x Brawl
2x Azure drake
1x Gorehowl
1x RNGaros
1x Ysera

I JUST got brawl today and it replaced a 2nd acolyte of pain. So far it has done... pretty much nothing. Currently the only other legendary I have is Ony, she was in the deck for a long time with Berserker and armorsmith synergy, but she just wasn't proactive enough.

Right now my hardest matchup is LockZoo simply because no matter how many time I 2 for 1, they just keep drawing and I take to much damage from using weapons to remove critters. I added the Ooze to help vs rogue/warrior/hunter and it has helped with my early game quite a bit (as well as wih cruel task it kills an early yeti.) Iam enjoying the deck alot and feel I have done well for not spending anything. Let me know what you think.
Edited by TheDukeOfTBC on 3/23/2014 5:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Darn Zoo Locks, they are our kryptonite... Yeah, I think Swamp Ooze would be the one on the cutting block because the opponents it helps with would generally not be the ones that cause warrior the MOST trouble. There are other 3/2s available. Not sure which I would recommend vs. the rushdown though.

Azure Drake is an unusual choice. The abilities that it buffs are few; WW, Slam? That all? You bring them for the spell power or to draw a card? May want to consider dropping them for something scarier. Especially when WW is often best used to scratch your own guys to activate Acolyte or Armorsmith or Frenzied Zerker; making it 2 damage is not beneficial in these situations.
Reply Quote
03/24/2014 08:56 AMPosted by Vorochi
Azure Drake is an unusual choice.

Yeah, Warriors one of the few classes where Azure Drake's aren't a no brainer. Card draw is nice but their spell power is next to useless. Put a larger body on the field. Boulderfist Ogres are free and even as a vanilla card are removal magnets.

A second Acolyte of Pain should make up for losing the drake.

I don't like the few gaps in your deck. If you decide to put the Boulderfist Ogres in I'd look for a way to put a creature in the five slot. Booty Bay Bodygards are free and tough to remove.

It's kind of hard to make suggestions when we don't know what's in your library and what's not. If you have them Harvest Golems are good addition and a Faceless Manipulator would be a better choice for the five slot.
Edited by Peripatetic on 3/24/2014 6:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/24/2014 08:35 AMPosted by AXE
Remove one arathi for a bigger threat like ogre. I would also remove one ooze for an acolyte of pain or for another big minion. Your deck looks good but you are kind of lacking big minions. I would add one ogre at least and maybe a sea giant.

I have thought about dropping one arathi for awhile. I would not replace it with a 6 drop though, I would rather have a yeti to be honest. Sea Giant was in the deck for a LONG time and was honestly garbage tier over and over. I like this build because it can have a very aggressive early game while still being able to do the combos and survive late game very well.

A 2nd acolyte was also in the deck for my run from 15-11 and after that it just didn't do anything. It was a weak turn 3 most of the time. I have noticed by the time I win my games i am already 5+ cards ahead of the other person. So drawing wasn't the main issue. I may drop one ooze for a more versatile 2 drop. But busting other weapons has felt so good. I am close to getting a shield slam, so 1 ooze may be coming out for that.

03/24/2014 08:56 AMPosted by Vorochi
Darn Zoo Locks, they are our kryptonite... Yeah, I think Swamp Ooze would be the one on the cutting block because the opponents it helps with would generally not be the ones that cause warrior the MOST trouble. There are other 3/2s available. Not sure which I would recommend vs. the rushdown though.

Azure Drake is an unusual choice. The abilities that it buffs are few; WW, Slam? That all? You bring them for the spell power or to draw a card? May want to consider dropping them for something scarier. Especially when WW is often best used to scratch your own guys to activate Acolyte or Armorsmith or Frenzied Zerker; making it 2 damage is not beneficial in these situations.

I have actually had a few comments on why I am running azure drake. They are currently taking the slots that sylvanas and cairne would take if i had them. VS shaman and so many other matchups, that spell power has actually saved my life. What I have noticed in this game is that 1 damage can mean all the difference. They also draw me a card, so no matter what they at least replace themselves. Also buffed WW allows me to wipe aggro boards i normally wouldnt be able to.
Reply Quote
id remove battlerage for another acolyte of pain since you have x2 whirlwind.
Reply Quote
03/24/2014 08:15 PMPosted by Shankar
id remove battlerage for another acolyte of pain since you have x2 whirlwind.

Just broke into rank 8 and it seems battle rage truly is the underachiever in this build. Probably changing back to 2 acolytes.

Ooze just helped me win most of my games to get into rank 8. Killed 5+ eaglehorn bows, 1 arcanite reaper, and countless daggers. Having this as a 2 of has been an amazing early game and utility add. While I am running into hunters every other game it is staying in as a 2 of.

Azure drake + ww has become a consecration no one ever sees coming and has also just STOLEN board control away from so many people.

I desperately need a grommosh, i need another proactive heavy hitter and I don't think ogre is that card. Most of my games seem to go till I have like 5 cards left in deck, or they are dead on turn 9. It is very weird.
Reply Quote
Just winning streaked myself into rank 7. Ooze and Azure drake keep putting in stupid amounts of work.
Reply Quote
Winning streak into rank 6! Azure drake + slam + ww = dead yeti in the dumbest of ways haha!
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 02:52 AMPosted by TheDukeOfTBC
Winning streak into rank 6! Azure drake + slam + ww = dead yeti in the dumbest of ways haha!

Its amusing to see someone do something just because he can even though it's just such a bad thing too do to a warrior deck, I bet it will throw you opponents once you get to 5+ when they see a warrior play a drake :)
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 09:02 AMPosted by OldTallen
03/26/2014 02:52 AMPosted by TheDukeOfTBC

Its amusing to see someone do something just because he can even though it's just such a bad thing too do to a warrior deck, I bet it will throw you opponents once you get to 5+ when they see a warrior play a drake :)

It has already gotten me comments from people. Get a friend request and they are like "wtf is drake doing in there? I wasn't playing around a 2 dmg ww." I have been playing TCGs for 2 decades now, and one of the best things you can do is do something someone isn't ready for.
Reply Quote
Well that sucked, lost to a warrior mirror. both down to 4 cards and I am way up on hp and have board control. Legendary, legendary, faceless, legendary..... gg that sucks,
Reply Quote
Yup, can't beat the mirror when they go cairne, baron, alex, gromm
Reply Quote
If you wanted a 2 dmg whirlwind, wouldn't a Wild Pyromancer be a cheaper way to get it? Granted, it won't survive your 2 dmg whirlwind, and you don't have card draw, but it's 3 mana cheaper. Also, Pyro+WW double procs armorsmith, frothing and acolyte while knocking out those annoying squires and crusaders.
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 03:24 AMPosted by cheem
If you wanted a 2 dmg whirlwind, wouldn't a Wild Pyromancer be a cheaper way to get it? Granted, it won't survive your 2 dmg whirlwind, and you don't have card draw, but it's 3 mana cheaper. Also, Pyro+WW double procs armorsmith, frothing and acolyte while knocking out those annoying squires and crusaders.

My 3 slot is already clogged with 6 creatures. Azure drake is my only 5 drop aside from brawl. It survives the WW and nets me a card. Card draw in control is crucial
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]