Lightwell...

Two mana cost, zero damage, five hp, heals a random friendly for three at the beginning of a turn. Two mana cost? Who's bright idea was that? This has to be a joke. I haven't read any future patch notes or even looked for them because honestly after seeing this card I don't care to whatsoever. This is such a broken card. Even when I proceeded to Google it to make sure I had the stats right, all of the suggested searches were 'Lightwell Hearthstone- broken,' 'lightwell Hearthstone OP,' 'Yet another forum on the broken Lightwell card.' Isn't anyone reading these?

I understand the game is FTP, but man..-rep Blizzard. I refuse to buy decks solely to find something to deal with the lightwell card so early on. The only cards I can think of to handle a lightwell are shadow word pain and hunter's mark.. Whatever I'm new to the game and just bewildered by the snowball I just witnessed and can't understand how Hearthstone is in the 4th test season currently and still has this broken garbage that wins games single-handedly vs new players with limited deck lists.
Reply Quote
Crazed alchemist will outright kill it. Owl and spell breaker will turn it into a 0/5 door stop

The issue with light well and why its so cheap is the fact that it has 0 attack. Once you get 5 damage on the board its essentially a free kill with no cost to you. Most people just run it as a cheap and early Inner Fire cheese.

Without knowing what class you play it would be tough to tell you what cards would be best to use against it
Reply Quote
Thanks, I play all the classes as I'm still fairly new. Unfortunately both of those above mentioned cards are still out of my reach, but it's good to know there are more early cards that can handle a lightwell should I be lucky enough to draw them early.
Reply Quote
Basically, 2mana drop minions have 5 stats.

Mad bommer: 3/2

ArmorSmith: 1/4

River Crocolisk : 2/3

Sunfury Protector : 2/3

and moar....

Idk what the f**k is wrong with Light Well? 0/5 with 3 dmg heal? OH PLEASE, make it 1/4 like ArmorSmith and every Priests will be happy!

I consider this is a thread of day.
Reply Quote
Typical new guy complaining about a card that gave him a hard time. Please don't come on the forum to QQ about a card no one uses past rank 20. Its an almost useless card unless it can be protected and honestly, its removed very easily by a myriad of cards.
Reply Quote
Hey I remember lightwell being really annoying when I first started playing (actually priests in general were very annoying) but then you play more and realize how terrible they actually are.

Sadly I find the priest fun to play, even if they're bad.
Reply Quote
03/22/2014 12:53 PMPosted by Jushiro
Hey I remember lightwell being really annoying when I first started playing (actually priests in general were very annoying) but then you play more and realize how terrible they actually are.

Sadly I find the priest fun to play, even if they're bad.

This. I like lightwell, but the fact it doesn't do damage makes it underwhelming when most low mana drops outright kill other drops.

Lightwell is mainly good when you already got board control and some high health minions on the board or a good taunter that won't die in 1 turn. That's hard to do.
Reply Quote
Seen some pretty disgusting openers with the lightwell. cleric + lightwell, shieldbearer + lightwell.
next turn after, inner fire whoever you want
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 05:20 PMPosted by Ravis
shieldbearer + lightwell.

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!
Reply Quote
Lighwell is only good for inner fire rushing which means you need to toss 2+ cards into it and pray they don't remove it or silence it.
Reply Quote
Lightwell is utter garbage. I tried incorporating it into my deck at rank 9 and out of 24 games it was a 0for1 card in 21/24 of the games.

Lightwell is very similar to nat pagle if you think about it. Pagle has 0/4 and HAD a 50% chance to draw a card at the end of your turn. It got changed to "at the beginning of your turn", making nat pagles mechanic similar to lightwells.
Having a 50% chance to draw a card at "the beginning of your turn" made nat pagle useless.
Now look at lightwell. It doesnt draw a card, it just heals. It doesnt even do that most of the time because it gets killed. Its a much worse pagle and pagle is pretty bad since the nerf.

I tried playing it lategame, i tried playing it on turn 2, it doesnt really matter. It always gets killed for free.
You have a damaged minion on the board? You place the lightwell and finish the turn.
The enemy uses a spell to remove the damaged minion, then drops a 4 dmg minion himself.
You dont have a removal for a 4 dmg minion, thus your only option is to play another minion.
Next turn they attack your lightwell with their minion, play another removal on your minion. Board clear, lightwell 0for1 once again.

There is just no scenario where lightwell accomplishes anything.
The only thing you can do with a lightwell is to double its health twice and then inner fire it.
A gimmicky play that doesnt get beyond rank 20.
Edited by gh0un on 3/24/2014 3:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Change to 3 instead of 5. Balanced!!!
Reply Quote
Wait, people play Lightwell? Since when? havent seen a Lightwell since 2013.
Reply Quote
Silence.
Reply Quote
08/21/2014 07:29 PMPosted by Malico
Change to 3 instead of 5. Balanced!!!

Thank you for necroing this thread just to say that.
Reply Quote
03/22/2014 06:02 AMPosted by Lfacinmason
Two mana cost, zero damage, five hp, heals a random friendly for three at the beginning of a turn. Two mana cost? Who's bright idea was that? This has to be a joke. I haven't read any future patch notes or even looked for them because honestly after seeing this card I don't care to whatsoever. This is such a broken card. Even when I proceeded to Google it to make sure I had the stats right, all of the suggested searches were 'Lightwell Hearthstone- broken,' 'lightwell Hearthstone OP,' 'Yet another forum on the broken Lightwell card.' Isn't anyone reading these?

I understand the game is FTP, but man..-rep Blizzard. I refuse to buy decks solely to find something to deal with the lightwell card so early on. The only cards I can think of to handle a lightwell are shadow word pain and hunter's mark.. Whatever I'm new to the game and just bewildered by the snowball I just witnessed and can't understand how Hearthstone is in the 4th test season currently and still has this broken garbage that wins games single-handedly vs new players with limited deck lists.

You lost to an Inner Fired Lightwell, didn't you?

A Lightwell is a 0/5. ZERO attack. With a RANDOMLY targeted effect.

Next time you won't ignore that 0/5 and let it turn into a 28/28 monster ROFLMAO
Edited by WanYao on 8/22/2014 4:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Fought against one as a priest recently. Ignored it at first in favor of Holy Firing a buffed Lightspawn to get rid of that. Then he used Divine Spirit on it and cursed my misfortune of somehow not drawing either Shadow Word Pain. Then he buffed it up with Inner Fire and later Mind Controlled my 3/10 Sludge Belcher while also having a Lord of the Arena up.

Managed to deal with the Sludge Belcher and Lord of the Arena with Shadow Word Pain (finally) and Holy Fire then Mind Controlled his Lightwell and proceeded to use it against him. Before the end it got to the point where he used Power Word Shield on one of my minions for card draw.

Lightwell has situational power. It does serve as a 0/5 that is dangerous enough to justify using removal or a silence on it because of the Inner Fire combo or just because 3 free health every turn slows down the game which overall is good for the priest. If the enemy doesn't have a way of dealing 5 damage, it can get pretty annoying. Not OP, but annoying.
Reply Quote
08/22/2014 09:22 PMPosted by futuresight
Ignored it at first in favor of Holy Firing a buffed Lightspawn to get rid of that. Then he used Divine Spirit on it and cursed my misfortune of somehow not drawing either Shadow Word Pain.
Assuming no coin, Lightspawn is dropped turn 4, buffed turn 5 at the earliest. Like you said, any combination of 5 damage (Smite + 3 attack minion) or dropping 2 monsters before turn 5 (Zombie Chow/Pyro/Dark Cultist/Injured Blademaster) would have dealt with the Lightwell. Drawing SW:Pain would have helped (most high end Priests don't even run it), but your misfortune was not having minions on the board to just kill it.

If you did but the opponent removed it with spells, then GG. The opponent's stars aligned and had better draws then you.
Reply Quote
Light well IS a good card against weak decks. That IS the truth.
Reply Quote
Some people will complain about anything.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]