Mind Vision/Thoughtsteal/Silence

Here are some ideas for changing these cards since they are too random/useless imho. Maybe one of the Developers reads this.
Mana costs are debatetable.

Mind Vision - 3 Mana
Draw a card. Look at your opponents hand.

Silence - 2 Mana
Silence a minion. Draw a card.

Thoughtsteal - less than 3 mana (because of Arcane intellect)
Discard a card. Draw 2 cards.

Alternate version:
Draw 2 cards. Discard a card.
Edited by Erazor on 3/23/2014 4:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hold on, your plan for Thoughtsteal (which no longer steals thoughts I might add.) is that I play Thoughtsteal (using 1 card.) discard another card (using up 2) and then get 2 back? How is that in any way better? It doesn't give any card advantage.
Reply Quote
whoa there. I like copying cards from my opponents deck.

The only weakness of the card is when your playing against a theme deck like murloc or something; other than that I like it.

If I would change something I would *take* the card from their deck rather than copy so they fatigue faster than me. I mean it *is* thoughtSTEAL...
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 11:36 AMPosted by Neo
The only weakness of the card is when your playing against a theme deck like murloc or something; other than that I like it.

Well, when you grab some Murloc Tidecallers, fun is to be had.
Reply Quote
one thing that's kinda cool about murlocs is that there buffs are applied to all murlocs on the board, not just friendly ones!
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 06:08 AMPosted by KillerTapir
Hold on, your plan for Thoughtsteal (which no longer steals thoughts I might add.) is that I play Thoughtsteal (using 1 card.) discard another card (using up 2) and then get 2 back? How is that in any way better? It doesn't give any card advantage.

Well, it's for improving the quality of your hand. Priests's cards are very situational and you often end up with something you can't play, like Shadow Words, Mind Control early in the game and so on. Against rush decks, some of your cards are useless, so are some against control decks. Overall, Priest would be more flexible during a match.
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 04:52 AMPosted by Erazor
Silence - 2 Mana

Really, you think drawing one card is worth 2 mana?
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 03:08 PMPosted by Jushiro
Silence - 2 Mana

Really, you think drawing one card is worth 2 mana?

As I said, mana costs are debatetable. I'd rather pay 2 mana and get a card back than spending 0 mana and getting no card. But perhaps 1 mana would be the way to go.
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 02:58 PMPosted by Erazor

Well, it's for improving the quality of your hand. Priests's cards are very situational and you often end up with something you can't play, like Shadow Words, Mind Control early in the game and so on. Against rush decks, some of your cards are useless, so are some against control decks. Overall, Priest would be more flexible during a match.

Not quite the way you'd suggest, but I could see the value of a card that read "Search your deck for a card costing 5 mana or less and put it into your hand." But discarding a card is out of the question. Even a situational one, I kind of want to keep in case that situation comes up, you know.

I like Thoughtsteal as it is though. I'd rather add a new card.
Reply Quote
Speaking of new cards, the priest could use more heals.

Binding Heal - 3 mana. Restore 5 health to a friendly target and your hero, or something like that.

Holy Fire being the singular burst heal for self healing is kinda lame.
Reply Quote
Letting mind vision see the hand and pick would be unique and make it much more useful but it would be the only card in the game that revealed a hand. That itself is super powerful.
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 11:53 AMPosted by Proletariat

Well, when you grab some Murloc Tidecallers, fun is to be had.

The best grab I got vs a Murloc deck was probably Hungry Crab.

That's a nice Warleader you got there. Shame if something happened to it...
Reply Quote
Murloc deck ? Pyro kill them, right there, right the way. If not, I still have mass dis...AOE, either I hold it or I steal it from you.

Murloc deck is totally cheese. Those card right now is working good, no change need.

Not sure about Silence.....it never think I would use it in normal deck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]