trying to break the mold

standard warrior control is really starting to get boring for me so i decided to try and spice it up a bit by mixing the standard control foundation with pyrosmith and giants

lemme know what u think

http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=35096/pyro-giant
Reply Quote
one thing id consider right off the bat is swapping inner rage x2 out for cruel taskmaster x2 but not sure if that would do much since the deck is already pretty strong vs early aggro
Reply Quote
I like the pyro warrior deck.

Only thing I'm not sure about is the giants. You've got a ridiculous amount of armor keeping your health up and no way of giving them charge or taunt. When you do get to play them, you're dropping vanilla minions onto a field while low on health, leaving yourself open to charge or even just to whatever got your health so low in the first place.

On a related note, how would Battle Rage work with Pyromancer?
Reply Quote
i figure that ill be getting so much armor from my armorsmiths early on that ill be able to conserve shield blocks for when i get a little lower.

or if im just unable to get perfect combos off (like that scenario would imply), then id be taking quite a bit of damage between geddon, abom, and my own weapons so id be able to get the giants out at a decent time. also, alexstrasza is there to bump my hp up a bit if i get too low, so im not that concerned about hp in this deck.

and id like to have taunt for the giants, but it seems a bit redundant considering ill have so much board control between pyros, aboms, and geddon. they're there mainly to put a scary body on the board.

i like the idea of battle rage, but i couldnt find room for it.
Edited by Sauerkraut12 on 3/23/2014 10:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i would also like to fit a brawl somewhere into the deck. what could i replace for it?
Reply Quote
I'd drop the giants for 1x Battle Rage and 1x Brawl, but I haven't seen the giants in action yet. How have they performed in games so far?
Reply Quote
i'm 3-1 with the deck currently. havent lost a single game against rush. lost 1 vs handlock but that was due to !@#$ty draws (never got an execute for his giants). rank 7 currently (was rank 4 but dropped due to experimenting with other decks). i think im gonna keep the giants. they're doing their job as a scary body or a finisher (granted they're not as important for the latter since i have grom/alex). i might just keep the brawl out for now, and use another abom instead (dont have geddon atm btw). havent found a situation where it was useful so far.
Reply Quote
i dropped alexstrasza for a DoA. she wasnt doing much for me, so now i have some way to make the giants scary immediately. i want to get a gadgetzan in there somewhere but i cant find a way.

updated deck:

http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=35096/pyro-giant
Reply Quote
Do Molten Giants have good synergy with an Armorsmith/Shield Block deck?

Wouldn't one of the other giants be better, like Mountain, since you have such strong card draw?

But I am not a good player...
Edited by Blaisem on 3/24/2014 6:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd definitely consider Mountain Giants over Molten Giants due to armor and the fact that as control Warrior you want to keep most of your cards in hand rather than play them ASAP. Still, not digging the concept of Warrior Giants unlike Warlock(Handlock), Paladin and the old Mage(Frozen Giants) as I think they don't offer you anything that you actually need. You don't need to bait removal as Alex into Grom kills them even if they kill Alex, you don't really need a 8/8 taunt either because you have such strong board control already. So what exactly is their purpose in the deck and what makes the Warrior class good for the Giants template?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]