Redemption is trash now

Not being able to use Redemption on your own turn makes this card worthless. It is way worse than Ancestral Spirit since most of the time you want to use your hero power which will bring back a 1/1 recruit.

Secrets not being able to be used on your own turn is literally a nerf to Redemption since every other secret is activated on your opponent's turn except maybe Eye for an Eye and Ice Block (which would be pretty pointless).

Therefore Redemption either needs a boost or needs to no longer be a secret.
Reply Quote
Redemption and Eye for an Eye became decent, but very situational, to just bad. Those cards need a rework or else they'll become dead cards, never used.
Reply Quote
03/22/2014 10:09 PMPosted by Fiddlesnarf
Redemption and Eye for an Eye became decent, but very situational, to just bad. Those cards need a rework or else they'll become dead cards, never used.

They already are dead cards, virtually never used.
Reply Quote
i find redemption still useful at turn 7 where i play the sunwalker and redmption together if i can and have nothing small on the board. It simply looks as if i had a spare mana point and threw a 'when minion attacks summon 2/1 as the target' card. Watch the mages and co throw spells at it just in case and boom its back with a divine shield and possibly wasting a deal 6 damage mage card. its also a way of forcing your opponent to use sheeps/hex if he correctly guesses your true intention, takes the heat off of later more important cards that you may have lined up.
Reply Quote
I've never liked eye for eye. I can' think of a single time it would have won me a game outside of winning a game faster maybe, like an opponent attempted to rush me down maybe.

Make eye for eye deal damage back to the source and then I'd be OK with it.

As for redemption, it lost a lot of utility, but it's still useful, just far more limited. It still makes death rattle, taunt, and divine shield minions more of a hassle to deal with, you just have to play smarter with any extra minions you place out.
Reply Quote
What Redemption lost in it's offensive power I think it gained in defensive power. You can trade your lesser useful when redemptioned minions on your own turn, thus forcing your opponent to kill something like, Scarlet Crusader or Harvest Golem. Sure, it killed the best burst potential we had with charge shenanigans so that sucks, but it's still useful. I think we can actually more affect who it's going to trigger on, I believe there's some situations where you actually gain from it not triggering during your own turn.
Reply Quote
Preach it, brother!

Paladin was already a gimped class, but killing Redemption just made me more upset. What used to be a very class-specific and fun card (that no one ever complained about because everyone knew Paladins already had it rough) has been trashed and is unplayable now.

Good job, Blizzard. Thanks for sucking the fun out of yet another class.
Edited by GACHAMANN on 3/28/2014 7:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes, redemption is trash now, but it was pretty funny to see an opponent trigger both my redemptions on my Tirion last night :D

03/28/2014 07:55 PMPosted by GACHAMANN
Good job, Blizzard. Thanks for sucking the fun out of yet another class.

These comments make me laugh.
Edited by UnderScorePT on 3/31/2014 6:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I frequently used Eye for an Eye aggressively by casting it just prior to attacking something. In particular it could combine to excellent effectiveness with Blessing of Might/Kings as a finisher against an opponent who had attained board control. Obviously that doesn't work any more either, and I'm miffed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]