6 mana, 32/32 minion. OP

So, a priest can spend 2 mana on doubling a minion's health, twice with 2 cards. Then, for just 1 mana, make their damage equal their health. For 6 mana, they can make a giant or dragon into a single hit kill card against enemy heroes. But that's not considered OP?

I suppose the opponent can have a giant or dragon of their own. Only you'll need at least 5 in order to keep just 1 high end card like that because of Mind Control and Shadow word kill. Shadow Word is expensive at least though, isn't it? I mean, Blizzard wouldn't really give a card that kills Ragnaros and only costs 3 mana, would they? At least, not to a class that can take Ragnoaros off me...I mean, that's not OP or anything!

Blizzard, I realise you don't read the posts the community put here, which is why our comments continue to be ignored since the beta. But on the off-chance that you get bored and feel like doing something different, please nerf the 1 class that can so easily create one hit kill minions.

Thanks
Edited by Tathamet on 3/23/2014 4:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Number of high end priest decks that run those cards: zero. The doubling health/change attack to health, not sw: death.

It's a cheese deck. Sometimes you get really lucky and get all the cards you need at just the right time and run an opponent over. The majority of the time though you just get stuck with weak cards and give your opponent an easy win.
Edited by supersnuggle on 3/23/2014 5:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That's four cards to make one minion. And one silence or kill effect wrecks it. Priest is one of the weakest classes in the game right now, and you want to nerf it? This is why Blizzard shouldn't balance around the complaints of new players.
Reply Quote
I tried it and it is really hard to get off the ground. Most players will see divine health and know what is coming and lights spawns alsmost always get silenced or removed. Compared to what a warrior or hunter rush deck can do it is nothing. Try stopping a charging blood raged worgen.
Reply Quote
6 mana, 32/32 minion. OP

2 mana, reduced to 0/5 minion OP!
Reply Quote
There are these things in the game called Taunt and Silence that stop Lightspawn (or any other minion this combo is used on) cold. Just because it's a 36/36 doesn't mean it gets to ignore that Sen'jin on the board. Silence it next turn and OH LOOK AT THE THREATENING 0/5!!!

Look at it this way:

Cards the Priest needs to get a massive minion:

Said minion
1-2 Power Word: Shield (optional)
2 Divine Spirit
1 Inner Fire (unless minion is Lightspawn).

MINIMUM 3 cards and that creates a 20/20 Lightspawn. But let's have some fun here and look at a more powerful Lightspawn, with 2 PW:S.

After 2 PW:S, 9/9. 2 Spirit, 36/36. So 5 cards to create your 36/36.

2 mana. Ironbeak Owl.

0/5 Lightspawn, 4 wasted buffs, +4 card advantage, 1 useless minion and a partridge in a pear tree.

Worst-case scenario for Player 2, you Silence a double Spirited Lightspawn. 1 card to remove the effects of 2 and render a 3rd useless, +4.
Edited by Loco1234 on 3/24/2014 12:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I wish they'd make it so silence only removed any buffs you placed on the lightspawn and the attack always = HP remained.

It might help priests a lot

too op?
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 05:19 PMPosted by Calcularius
That's four cards to make one minion. And one silence or kill effect wrecks it. Priest is one of the weakest classes in the game right now, and you want to nerf it? This is why Blizzard shouldn't balance around the complaints of new players.

They nerfed warrior to prevent 1 hit kill, I don't see why not priest. Besides if no one consider those cards good why would you care of those cards got nerfed.
Reply Quote
03/24/2014 06:57 PMPosted by HueyFreeman

They nerfed warrior to prevent 1 hit kill, I don't see why not priest. Besides if no one consider those cards good why would you care of those cards got nerfed.

They can make inner fire discard my whole hand kill target friendly minion and spawn two enemy ragneroses for all I care.
Reply Quote
03/24/2014 07:08 PMPosted by Jagore

They can make inner fire discard my whole hand kill target friendly minion and spawn two enemy ragneroses for all I care.

Cool
Reply Quote
Besides if no one consider those cards good why would you care of those cards got nerfed.

The key here is "if they got nerfed." They're already terrible cards, buff them.

Before you go all QQWTFBBQ - they can have their functionality changed and still be buffed.
Edited by Jushiro on 3/24/2014 8:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
even if they have a silence, it won't stop them from direct damage the turn they use there combo, 6 mana for 20+damage compared to Mages 10 mana for 10 damage, and compared to other combo's this is probably the most lethal, and everyone knows about it. You should always be prepared for that when your against a priest. there are signs of this combo because it needs so much preparation, like priest healing a high health minion, and targeting taunts rather than other key minions.
Reply Quote
03/24/2014 08:20 PMPosted by Jushiro
Besides if no one consider those cards good why would you care of those cards got nerfed.

The key here is "if they got nerfed." They're already terrible cards, buff them.

Before you go all QQWTFBBQ - they can have their functionality changed and still be buffed.

And how would you buff a card that doubles your minion's hp? TRIPLE it? I personally think these are very good cards if you are playing constructive, they give you some very powerful early game minions. Yes they can be countered by silence, but any card with ability gets countered by those.

Even if your buffed minion gets silenced, let's do a little scenario. If you are smart, you buff them after the summoning sickness is gone, and no matter what you get 1 hit in with the buffed power, in some cases, that power is lethal. Other classes when they play a big minion, they have to pray for you priests to not have a shadow word death, otherwise it gets destroyed before it can do anything. So quit your whining, all things considered, this is still a powerful combo because it guarantee huge damage for at least 1 turn.
Reply Quote
03/24/2014 09:11 PMPosted by HueyFreeman
03/24/2014 08:20 PMPosted by Jushiro

And how would you buff a card that doubles your minion's hp? TRIPLE it? I personally think these are very good cards if you are playing constructive, they give you some very powerful early game minions. Yes they can be countered by silence, but any card with ability gets countered by those.

Even if your buffed minion gets silenced, let's do a little scenario. If you are smart, you buff them after the summoning sickness is gone, and no matter what you get 1 hit in with the buffed power, in some cases, that power is lethal. Other classes when they play a big minion, they have to pray for you priests to not have a shadow word death, otherwise it gets destroyed before it can do anything. So quit your whining, all things considered, this is still a powerful combo because it guarantee huge damage for at least 1 turn.

If you asked me the most sensible way to buff buff cards like divine spirit is simple. Give them a draw one card ability so it can replace itself instead of dragging your whole hand down and dumping two cards into one minion and being left with a weak hand if it gets countered. Might be an idea for all buff cards in fact. Even in constructed they are all pretty bleh compared to damage spells, debuffs, and minions.
Reply Quote
Other classes when they play a big minion, they have to pray for you priests to not have a shadow word death, otherwise it gets destroyed before it can do anything.

Blessing of Kings doesn't exist
Bloodlust doesn't exist
Mark of the wild doesn't exist
Savage roar doesn't exist
windfury/rockbiter weapon don't exist
Reply Quote
03/24/2014 11:10 PMPosted by Jushiro
Other classes when they play a big minion, they have to pray for you priests to not have a shadow word death, otherwise it gets destroyed before it can do anything.

Blessing of Kings doesn't exist
Bloodlust doesn't exist
Mark of the wild doesn't exist
Savage roar doesn't exist
windfury/rockbiter weapon don't exist

On top of that there are plenty of other removes.

Druid has naturalize as well as several 4-5 damage nukes and shapeshifts

Pally has equality which combos really well with concentrate that can kill a full board of deathwings with two cards given the chance. Not to mention peacekeepers.

Mage has a ton of freezes and nukes as well as polly morph

Shaman has tons of nukes and hex

Rogues of plenty of conbo nukes control cards and assassinate

Hunters can easily control the board with arrows and deadly shot is an assasinate with an RNG element.

Shadowword death is hardly unique in that it can remove big threats before they do anything. It just has a weak minion counterpart (granted shadow word pain is arguably mirrored by frost bolt, back stab, hammer of wrath, wrath and fiery waraxe to an extent, they all clear the board of weak minions)

The fact that people seem to hate the shadow words above all the other removes seems odd to me. Shadow words trade being restrainted by health for being less flexible in what they do. They can't target heroes, freeze a monster,draw a card, or come out for free.
Edited by Jagore on 3/24/2014 11:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nobody uses those cards because everyone has silence/removal. The chance of starting the game with those cards plus the opponent not having an answer is very low. If you think it is OP build a priest deck with all those double health cards and switching health to attack and see how it goes.
Reply Quote

Worgen/molten giant + buffs/faceless OTK is still possible.
- giant + charge + inner rage + rampage + faceless
- worgen + charge + inner rage + faceless or more buffs until you get 16 attack worgen.

Combo with 0/4 + 2x power word + 2x divine + inner fire is 6 cards. SIX!!!! and you need one turn to get rid of summoning sickness.
Ok, you can do this turn 4+ but your enemy must do nothing.

When your enemy do nothing and you have perfect draw, you can kill opponent as a rogue in second turn:
- going second (enemy did nothing)
- turn 1 - dragonhawk
- turn 2 - 3x abusive sergeant (with 2x shadowstep) + 2 x coldblood = 15/1 dragonhawk turn 2.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]