3 Seasons in a Row Legendary Rogue Tempo Deck

EDIT: Season 2 Deck list is listed on Page 2.
EDIT #2: Season 3 Decklist is listed near the bottom of Page 3.
EDIT #3: Youtube Video List Posted at the top of page 7.

I just reached legendary for the first time and I am very excited. I wrote a meta-game analysis last season which said when I reached legendary I would post the full deck list. However before the changes to Nat Paige and Tinkmaster Spark the meta-game did not allow for me to become legendary.

So now that the nerfs have been made and the meta-game shifted, 120 games later, I reached legendary with an aggro rogue deck which is not a miracle deck.

My deck list(with explanations).

0 Drops:
2 Backstab - Very good for starting combos and overall removal.

1 Drops:
2 Deadly Poison - Great damage and removal, combos well with blade furry.
2 Sinister Strike - In the deck for 2 reasons...to start combos and to finish opponents.
2 Leper Gnome - Another solid one drop that will almost always do 2 damage minimum.
2 Southsea Deckhand - These guys are combo starters as well as good with Perdition's Blade.
1 Argent Squire - Mixed emotions about this guy, that is why there is only 1 in the deck.

2 Drops:
2 Loot Hoarder - I took these guys out and went on a very large losing streak.
2 Defias Ringleader - These guys are probably the best card in the deck. Very nice on turn 1.
2 Knife Juggler - I have the worst luck with the juggler but he is still good enough to keep his spot.
2 Eviscerate - Great finisher or something to clean up a nasty taunter.
1 Bloodmage Thalanos - Nice to have but if i had to choose between him and Leeroy...Leeroy would always get the nod.
1 Blade Furry - Works well with Leeroy and deadly poison. Also gets a boost from Thalanos and Azure Drake.

3 Drops:
2 SI:7 Agents - Can be cumbersome but when they work they are great.
2 Perdition's Blade - Solid Card that does at minimum 5 damage(assuming its not destroyed).

4 Drops:
1 Leeroy Jenkins - A solid closer and ends some games on turn 6 when he combos with eviscerate.

5 Drops:
2 Azure Drake - Good for drawing cards and doing extra damage with sinister/backstab/eviscerate/blade furry.

6 Drops:
2 Argent Commanders - Solid finisher as well as crowd control.

How I play the deck:

In most matchups I try to control the board while doing damage with creatures. I use combos and my blades early on to create situations which I can deal great damage to the opponent. Then when turn 5-7 comes and my opponent puts down something big with taunt I will usually have them low enough that I can go over the top with sinister strike and/or eviscerate.

Because a lot of my games come down to 1 life I will almost always swing my blade at my opponents face rather than not use it. Every bit of life I can squeeze out of my opponent I do.

I am rarely ahead on cards in hand but because I am usually cleaning the board up I create dead cards in my opponents hand. Cards like Savage roar are worthless when you have no creatures to use them on.

Now for a little meta-game talk:

Right now the meta-game is very heavy with hunters/warlock(2 types..one with fatties..one with a lot of 1 drops)/Warrior/Druid.

My deck does very well against hunters and both types of warlock decks(the fatties warlock deck is tricky...for mulligan purposes you have to assuming your playing the weenie version)

My deck does not totally strike out against the warrior and druid decks but both are rough matchups which are under 50% win ratio.

Against hunters I don't really play around UTH most of the time. I can usually out race them and score a turn 7 or 8 kill(one turn before they finish me).

Against Warlock wennie since you mulligan always assuming your playing the wennie deck your combos really help to stabilize the game. I have good success because of cards like P. Blade and backstab as well as other cards that help me get ahead.

Against Warlock Fattie I don't play around hellfire(the card that deals 3 damage to everything). So if they get that out and wipe some creatures I could be in trouble but usually I deal so much damage in the early going I can reach and kill them with cards like sinister strike/Leeroy/Eviscerate/P. Blade/Etc.

Against Druid your best bet is they don't get a 4th turn swipe off on you. However I have been having a lot of success against the druid deck as of late because I think they think I'm playing miracle and mulligan the swipes away.

Against Warrior(control) your first priority is to get rid of that nuisance of a card armorsmith. Then you have to hope they don't draw too many shield blocks and the card that deals one damage to everything because to put the damage on a warrior control deck you have to overextend a little bit. At the end of the day if you have a solid start and keep his creatures eliminated you can kill him before his legendaries come in to kill you.

My deck is not perfect but right now I'm legendary 208 and I have never gotten a deck to rank 1 before. It takes a lot of games. A lot of patience. And a lot of skill.

Hope you guys enjoyed the stuff I had to share with you.

Sincerely,

DrewStar
Edited by DrewStar on 6/22/2014 6:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sometimes on youtube I feel like wow I have almost exactly the same deck with this guy but he's legendary and I'm a rank 8

Guess sometimes it's not the deck's problem.

How easy you think it is for this deck to maintain board control? I feel like once you lose it (bad starting hand may cause it) it's hard to get back. And for those pally and druid who heals themselves around turn 6 and start dropping big taunts, I really don't know what to do. Also what do you feel about cold blood?
Reply Quote
Ill try this deck for fun when I get home its very similar to kungens rush dek with knife jugglers. I never got it to work but ill give it another go ^^
Reply Quote
@ lichwing. Maintaining board control can be a challenge. If they drop something like Bloodhoof you pretty much have to ignore it. But you can take down the 4/6 with taunt with 1 eviscerate and 1 2/1. If they draw swipe and kill your creatures then drop the big taunter it becomes more difficult. Then the next turn they drop Ancient of Lore and once again your behind it.

There are some games you just have to look at the damage in your hand and go for the face. Even if your short by a couple of damage it still might give you a better chance of winning cause the deck does top deck well.

I took out loot hoarder to add cold blood and came to the conclusion that it was way too many combo cards at that point. At some point you have to have something to activate the combo.
Edited by DrewStar on 3/25/2014 6:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 06:42 AMPosted by DrewStar

I took out loot hoarder to add cold blood and came to the conclusion that it was way too many combo cards at that point. At some point you have to have something to activate the combo.

I think the problem is that without loot hoarder there is just too little card draw, and running many small minions burn cards.
Reply Quote
Congrtulations!!! great job!!

Thanks a lot for sharing.
Reply Quote
This deck seriously wrecks faces! Thanks for sharing.
Reply Quote
Have you considered running Black Knight?
Reply Quote
I'm trying....I'm tryinggg!!!

Sadly I don't have Leeroy and Bloodmage Thalnos which are essentials for every Rogue ;(

Can you give any suggestions for possible substitutes?
Reply Quote
I wonder rouge deck can hit legendary rank?
Reply Quote
Why not novice instead of loot hoarder?.
Reply Quote
04/02/2014 12:33 PMPosted by Titanese

Sadly I don't have Leeroy and Bloodmage Thalnos which are essentials for every Rogue ;(

Arcane Golem is a decent replacement for Leeroy, Reckless Rocketeer can work to, but more expensive.

As for Bloodmage he is practically a loot hoarder or a Geomancer and because he runs 2 loot hoarders already you can replace it with Geomancer.
Reply Quote
04/04/2014 05:06 PMPosted by Shwab
As for Bloodmage he is practically a loot hoarder or a Geomancer and because he runs 2 loot hoarders already you can replace it with Geomancer.

You can also replace it with that gnome thingy. It's not the same but it still helps you cycle through your deck and it's always a minion your opponent needs to deal with.
Reply Quote
Wow I thought this thread was dead and all the sudden I see activity. I just got a turn 4 kill so I'm pretty excited.

@Palmbeach---The loot horders have one more power than a novice engineer...its an obv choice...the opponent will usually wait to kill the horder but he will have to eventually.

@Titanese---The deck really needs leeroy but the bloodmage is not essential. I would replace the bloodmage with an abusive sargent if you dont have it.

@Pugnator--I have actually made 2 changes to the deck lately and both times I considered black knight. If I had unlimited dust I would run it but its 6 mana and is not better than argent commander IMHO.

BTW the 2 changes to the deck are removing 1 argent squire to run 1 abusive sargent. And removing the 1 blade furry to now run 1 headcrack. I'm rank 6 this season so far and on a very large winning streak.

@Littledrop and Exz --- Thanks for the compliments.

That is all I have for now.

Enjoy playing the deck and remember if your not swinging your dagger 80% of the time your doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
04/04/2014 07:07 PMPosted by DrewStar
removing 1 argent squire to run 1 abusive sargent. And removing the 1 blade furry to now run 1 headcrack

Facing a lot of control or something? Does Assassin's Blade help vs that? Does wonders in Miracle at least but I'm not used to running it on aggro.
Reply Quote
04/04/2014 05:06 PMPosted by Shwab
04/02/2014 12:33 PMPosted by Titanese

Arcane Golem is a decent replacement for Leeroy, Reckless Rocketeer can work to, but more expensive.

Thanks for sharing and also, thanks for explaining a noob like me.
But now I understand this deck doesn't work for me without Leeroy.
Reply Quote
Assassins Blade is too expensive to warrant a slot in this deck. A 5 drop really clogs up all the combos.
Reply Quote
Hey DrewStar, do you have any youtube or twitch videos of you playing the deck? I've had some success with it, but would like to see an expert play as well. Thanks for posting the deck, I like it. Also, how do you deal with shaman's and all their cheap removal/frost wolves?
Edited by Scombroid on 4/5/2014 6:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Scombroid---I have not made any youtube videos although if I knew which software to use(if it were free) i might consider it.
As for your second question. Shaman's are not very frequent to play against but frost wolves can be a pain to deal with. I find that against shaman I always want to hold onto the deadly poison so I can kill atleast 1 with my blade. The real problem with shaman is Lightning Storm but still I think my deck(which I still haven't named..mainly because I can't think of a proper name) goes about 60% wins/40% loss against it.

Last season I did have the honor of playing the second overall ranked player and he was playing shaman.....he did of course beat me.
Reply Quote
Hey!
I got a golden illidan stormrage from a pack yesterday. Should i disenchant him and get bloodmage thalnos? I already have the rest of the cards in this deck, including leeroy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]