3 Seasons in a Row Legendary Rogue Tempo Deck

@karl - I think vancleef is better than si:7 based on experience. The gap however is not very large. Van Cleef can just win games sometimes...but if you play him wrong he can also cost you the game. I think he is much better than sap.

@fruend - one of the strongest plays against hunter is coining out a defias and letting those 2 minions do the damage. While you remove his threats..if he removes one of your thugs you can replace it with another minion but you get the original boost from defias. I wouldn't remove it, just sometimes you can't go all crazy with it against hunters. To play against hunters is finesse matchup....If you see him track a lot early assume he will have the combo and keep your creature count around 2.

Also the way I found to keep a decent win percentage against Druids is to not mulligan your loot hoarders or azure drakes so you can keep up with him when it comes to cards....then you need to draw some of your late game finishers...still the matchup is a difficult one but that is how I usually beat it.
Reply Quote
This deck is very nice, i started playing this deck 3 days ago EU with si:7 instead ov vancleef and now im in legend :)
Reply Quote
nice deck, hit legend from rank 5 with ~5hours playtime. Played only ~50 games
Reply Quote
Thanks for the compliments angu and tomare.

It took me much more than 5 hours to hit legendary once I got to level 5...maybe the meta is shifting since people are getting desperate and only want to play fast decks because the season ends soon.

Regardless congrats.
Reply Quote
Just wanted to say that your deck is amazing, I have yet to lose with it. I tried casual first won 3 times with it, then jumped to ranked and went from rank 10 to 7, and im still winning. thats make 11 ranked matches and 3 casual of chain win.
And gg for your leg
Reply Quote
On a budget and I don't have Leeroy, Van Cleef or Thalanos.

What can I replace those three with? (I have no legendary atm)
Edited by rEsage on 5/8/2014 5:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
how did u fare last season?
Reply Quote
Last season I was legendary. This season I haven't decided if i'm going to make the push again. I'm rank 8 currently.
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 04:37 PMPosted by rEsage
On a budget and I don't have Leeroy, Van Cleef or Thalanos.

What can I replace those three with? (I have no legendary atm)

The toughest one to replace is leeroy. I don't know if there is another card that will fill his spot but I guess you could try reckless rocketeer.

Van Cleef can be replaced by SI:7 Agent
Thalanos can be replaced by either abusive sargent or the 3/2 that can't be targeted....you don't necessarily have to have the spellpower because your not running that many spells.
Reply Quote
I still do not own a Leeroy, but am having a lot of fun with this deck! I have been experimenting quite a bit swapping out cards and am curious how important do you view the Knife Jugglers? I currently have them swapped with Acid Swamp Ooze... it is a comforting feeling having one up your sleeve for Gorehowl or Eaglehorn Bow. They help as well against other Rogues and the odd Pally.
Reply Quote
It's not a bad deck if your opponent doesn't draw a board clear.

The match ups I found it to be weak against are Paladin (lots of board clears), Shaman (lots of removal), Mage (snipe/Missiles), Handlock (big taunts), and Miracle Rogue (snipe/FoK/BF).

It's also a 50/50 against Zoo.
Reply Quote
One change I made was I took out the die next turn Jugglers, and put in Faerie Dragons instead.
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 03:01 PMPosted by Muto
It's not a bad deck if your opponent doesn't draw a board clear.

The match ups I found it to be weak against are Paladin (lots of board clears), Shaman (lots of removal), Mage (snipe/Missiles), Handlock (big taunts), and Miracle Rogue (snipe/FoK/BF).

It's also a 50/50 against Zoo.

Most of what you say is true. The deck doesn't like sweepers like lightning storm or concentrate. I've found that if the paladin does not have a turn 4 concentrate they will lose about 75-85% of the time. I also have experienced issues with shaman....earth shock is a major drag.

The last 3 are very winnable matchups if you know what your doing. Handlock you have to hold all your damage spells till he goes off then you can go for lethal...usually if you play right you can end it the turn after he drops molten giant.

Miracle Rogue would seem to be a tough matchup but in my experience I win well over 50% of my games against them. A lot of times they don't draw the combo or take too much damage from their own weopon.

Finally if you have any idea how to play the deck you will covet the times you get matched up with zoo because its easily your best matchup(if played correctly should be 75/25). The key is to keep control with your combos and mulligan correctly(P. Blade is often a 3 for 1 against zoo). Your late game is better than his also. Last season i went through like 7 zoos in a row without a single loss.

This season I'm up to rank 5 but I'm seeing way too many druid/shaman/control warrior to think I can make legendary for a third season straight. In addition, i got a girlfriend now so that takes up a good bit of time.

I have decided my goal for this season is to get a golden rogue hero. I'm 10 wins away.
Reply Quote
I got to my 500 wins tonight. It was a great run and I'm all the way up to rank 4 with 3 stars. I'm rethinking about not making the run for legendary.

Anyway I made some major changes to the deck that you might want to note. The changes are based on the current metagame.

+2 Faerie Dragon
+1 SI:7 Agent

-1 Van Cleef
-1 Cold Blood
-1 Bloodmage Thalnos

The van Cleef and Cold blood were both game winners against hunter but now none of the high ranked players play hunter so the Faerie Dragons fit better.

The Bloodmage really only helped the deck in specific situations and should have been removed when I took out the sinister strikes.

I don't have a picture of the Golden Rogue but its pretty darn awesome!!!!!
Reply Quote
Great deck, DrewStar!

I've been playing around with the original version you posted up & replaced the single Argent Squire with a Sap after I found myself having some trouble with Druid taunts, but I just might have to try your Van Cleef variant to climb some more. I definitely think Cold Blood will treat me better, so I'll have to report back. Jumped from rank 14 to 11 in about two hours of play, LOVE how fast this deck is :) Thanks for sharing!
Edited by Anaan on 5/20/2014 2:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
can you post your current decklist here again? ^^ or do u uppdate first page?
Reply Quote
Thanks for the compliment Anaan.

My current decklist Robot is as follows:

2 backstab
2 deadly poison
2 argent squire
2 leper gnome
2 southsea deckhand
1 blade furry
2 Eviscerate
2 Defias Ringleader
2 Faerie Dragon
2 Knife juggler
2 Loot Hoarder
2 Perdition Blade
1 Van cleef
1 Si:7 Agent
1 Leeroy Jenkins
2 Azure Drake
2 Argent Commander

I'm currently 1 star away from rank 2.
Reply Quote
Hey guys,

I have amazing news. I just made legend for the 3rd season in a row. I was so not expecting this. I picked up about 8 stars in one day. Before that I was averaging picking up a star every 3-4 days. I was stuck at level 2.

Then I made it to level 1 this morning and went 6-1 to get to legendary just now.

Such a freaking rush. The only deck I lost to was ranked top 41 overall and he was playing a rogue rush deck(a little more combo-ish), so there is hope for folks who want to play rogue and not play miracle.

I changed my deck slightly so I will list a full season ending legend decklist for you now:

2 Backstab
2 Deadly Poison
2 Argent Squire
2 Leper Gnome
2 Southsea Deckhand
1 Blade Furry
2 Eviscerate
2 Defias Ringleader
2 Faerie Dragon
2 Knife Juggler
2 Loot Hoarder
2 Perdition's Blade
1 Blood Knight
1 SI:7 Agent
1 Leeroy Jenkins
2 Azure Drake
2 Argent Commander

If you have any questions feel free to post. I feel that without this forum post I wouldn't have had the drive to hit legendary this month.

So thanks to all you guys!!!!!
Reply Quote
Congratulations!
Reply Quote
Well done trying your decklist out as im sick of miracle but love rogues any wuick mulligan tips?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]