Paladin Holy Zoo

This deck was inspired by the Zoo deck tech and if you can't beat them join them in the rush down although I didn't want to stoop as low as net decking somebody else's deck. It's hilarious vs Priest because you can tech all your little dudes to 4 dmg and gets crushed by watcher druids or handlocks, pretty neutral vs hunter rush and the original Warlock Zoo deck and depends on the favorable mulligan vs legendary control Warrior. Take a look and feed back is welcome.

Blessing of Might x2
Noble Sacrifice x2
Argent Squire x2
shieldbearer x2
Argent Protector x2
Bloodsail Raider
Dire Wolf Alpha
Ironbeak Owl
Knife Juggler x2
Sword of Justice x2
Divine Favor
Imp Master x2
Shattered Sun Cleric x2
Truesilver Champion x2
Blessing of Kings x2
Defender of Argus
Harrison Jones
Argent Commander x2

Ideal start would be dropping a squire on turn 1 and coin out SoJ or blessing of might and a shieldbearer on turn 2, although it's preferred to have the shieldbearer come out after SoJ along with a knife juggler on turn 3. Continue the buffing shenanigans clear threats when necessary and go for face, 2x Truesilver so don't be shy to go for face with it, 1 divine favor because this deck will run out of steam vs control so if you top deck it chances are you will draw 3-5 cards off it. Top of the curve is Argent Commander to finish off. The only debatable card is Harrison because he is situational, this deck is pretty scared of weapons and it runs out of steam pretty fast so if you can Harrison take out a weapon and get some card draw that would be the dream.

Combos would be:

Juggler+ Imp master shenanigans
squire/commander/shieldbearer + blessing of might/kings
SoJ+ all your lowbie drop shenanigans
maximum damage would be commander+ 1kings/2might for a 8 or 10 burst.

Thanks for viewing feedback is welcome and appreciated.
Edited by LiLogre on 3/25/2014 3:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't get your deck man.

You have no real board clears and if someone drops a big legendary on you, then you probably lost. I guess your plan is to kill then in 5 turns or less but with the cards you got I don't see that happening even with perfect RNG.

I guess your assuming the other guy never will try to clear your board. If he does then your deck will die fast.
Reply Quote
I would think the deck would run out of steam unless you get great timing on a divine favor.
Reply Quote
You have no real board clears and if someone drops a big legendary on you, then you probably lost. I guess your plan is to kill then in 5 turns or less but with the cards you got I don't see that happening even with perfect RNG.

you can clear with truesilver+ a blessing of might/kings on to a minion, you only need to clear taunts otherwise they clear you if they want to race let's race fast game either way.
Reply Quote
It needs two Divine Favors, the deck runs out of steam very fast and can't make use of Warlocks hero ability to just keep board controlling via trades and reinforcing with 2 minions per turn. I don't think it would do too well.

EDIT:
I just saw it has zero Consecrates, the hell you smoking kid? It's the second best card in the class.
Edited by VSarius on 3/28/2014 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah I messed around with a Pally Zoo deck, kinda similar to yours, and it just doesn't work like the Lock one. The problem with Pally is that they don't really have any cheap removal spells like Locks do, and their best minions are more reactive/answer types instead of agressors(Argent Protector and Aldor Peacekeeper compared to Void Walker/Flame Imp/Doomguard).
Reply Quote
03/30/2014 04:33 PMPosted by Fob
Yeah I messed around with a Pally Zoo deck, kinda similar to yours, and it just doesn't work like the Lock one. The problem with Pally is that they don't really have any cheap removal spells like Locks do, and their best minions are more reactive/answer types instead of agressors(Argent Protector and Aldor Peacekeeper compared to Void Walker/Flame Imp/Doomguard).

I mean Argent is really good, I would trade Voidwalkers for Argents any day. It fits the deck 'goal' really well by allowing crazy lopsided trades. The problem is yeah, 1-drops are nowhere as strong as Flame Imp and your key tempo-timing is way worse without Mortal Coil and Soulfire, you are trading your board for their board earlier. But what kills it is the lack of card draw, which nothing can replicate.
Reply Quote
You don't have the draw power for Zoo... Hence won't work that great, if enemy has counters for your board, it's GG.
Reply Quote
I also tried a pally aggro deck and it was 100% reliant on divine favor. All too often there are games you don't draw it, and you simply run out of steam. It is such a miserable loss as well.

The other problem is the deck does horrible against warlock zoo because they dump their hand as quickly as you do. Once you both run out of the cards the lock on his turn can tap and play 2 minions, on your turn the lock has no cards so divine favor is a dead card.
Edited by MadJohnny on 4/2/2014 11:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So I tried out a modified version, it's not great. There is probably some room for improvement but I don't think this can reach a 51% win-rate in the higher ranks, Game were done in Casual mode.

W:4
L: 6
Wins vs Priest (1), Hunter (1), Rogue (1), Zoolock (1)
Losses vs. Priest (1), Handlock (1), Druid (1), Zoolock (1), Rogue (1), Mage (1)

Decklist:
x1 Blessing of Wisdom
x1 Abusive
x2 Argent
x2 Shieldbearer
x1 Young Priestess
x1 Equality
x2 Argent Protector
x2 Direwolf
x1 Ironbeak
x1 Knife Juggler
x1 Divine Favor
x2 Aldor
x2 Harvest
x1 Ironfur Grizzly
x2 Shattered Sun
x2 Truesilver
x2 Consecration
x2 Dark Iron
x2 Defender of Argus

I did this on my new US account so some cards that should be there aren't simply because I either don't have them or don't want to spend the dust. Ironfur should be cut for Knife Juggler. Abusive for a second Young Priestess probably, the Truesilvers should be dropped for Argent Commanders/x1 Argent, x1 Leeroy. Probably cut the Blessing of Wisdom for a second Divine Favor. Cut one Harvest Golem for Mukla, and 1 Argent Protector for Millhouse. If someone has the cards and the time, I'd like to see a similar write-up from you. 10 games, record the win-lose just to see if you can manage 60/40 or 50/50 at least.

Curve:
7-7-8-8
Reply Quote
this goofy deck so far 6-2 in casual
(animal's pally uber alles)

[1] Blessing of Wisdom (x2)
[1] Hand of Protection (x2)
[1] Leper Gnome (x2)
[1] Southsea Deckhand (x2)
[2] Holy Light (x2)
[2] Argent Protector (x2)
[2] Dire Wolf Alpha (x2)
[2] Faerie Dragon (x2)
[2] Knife Juggler (x2)
[3] Sword of Justice
[3] Divine Favor
[3] Aldor Peacekeeper
[3] Harvest Golem
[3] Raid Leader
[4] Truesilver Champion (x2)
[4] Blessing of Kings
[4] Consecration (x2)
[4] Hammer of Wrath
[8] Tirion Fordring

(I would add in another sword of justice, probably in place of hammer of wrath - the only thing is training yourself to use blessing of wisdom on 3 mana minions [or your opponent's high HP minions] and it works out quite nicely)

p.s. dodge blood knight at all costs, though - lol

visual representation of deck:
http://www.hsdeck.com/deck/paladin/3cnyfK
Edited by animal on 7/7/2014 11:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/02/2014 11:47 PMPosted by MadJohnny
I also tried a pally aggro deck and it was 100% reliant on divine favor. All too often there are games you don't draw it, and you simply run out of steam. It is such a miserable loss as well.

[/quote]

Completely false. Won so many games prior to needing DF, though some times it has lost me games not drawing it.
Reply Quote
07/07/2014 10:52 PMPosted by Karasuko

Completely false. Won so many games prior to needing DF, though some times it has lost me games not drawing it.

No the deck I played was similar to what OP posted and it does fail pretty hard.

Pally aggro works and I run it myself but use different minions from what he posted and included more draw.
Reply Quote
here is the deck i am using Shockadin

I went 12 - 0 on Casual thus far

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2r4skfq.jpg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]