Brawl = no fun at all

Wasn't priest MC changed to 10 mana for this reason? Mage pyro because games werent interactive enough? Why in the world can a single card completely change a game based on utter garbage RNG, with no way of protecting yourself at all.
Reply Quote
MC has zero drawback except for using all of your mana. Brawl can kill your own creatures and can still leave your opponent with a powerful minion. Don't overextend 4+ minions into an empty warrior control board. I am in rank 7 with warrior and honestly brawl has been complete garbage in 95% of my games.
Reply Quote
The point is not wether its strong or not, it's that complete and total RNG that can totally change a game is not fun at all, and many cards have been modified before because of that. Don't mind a strong 5-drop card for warrior, just rework it so its much less RNG based, and that one can plan a strategy around it except not play a lot of creatures and "hope you get lucky!"
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 01:26 PMPosted by Zapatos
The point is not wether its strong or not, it's that complete and total RNG that can totally change a game is not fun at all, and many cards have been modified before because of that. Don't mind a strong 5-drop card for warrior, just rework it so its much less RNG based, and that one can plan a strategy around it except not play a lot of creatures and "hope you get lucky!"

On turn 5 if you have 3 minions out and a warrior has zero and plays brawl, he is getting a nice 2 for 1, no doubt about it. but you still have board control and his turn is burnt. Also the cards name is BRAWL, its intended to be random lol. You are basically asking a 6 sided dice to stop being random. It was DESIGNED this way.
Reply Quote
Brawl hasn't been anything that I've been interested in during my ranked play. My main weakness as a warrior is my spell defense...direct hits are killing me fast. So why the hell would I want to take all my minions except one (in the best-case scenario) off the board?

Very little to be gained with a very high risk. Seems like a last-ditch effort to save yourself from an aggro deck...and you're likely still screwed.
Reply Quote
I'd rather have a 6 mana board clear or AoE damage that's SAFE on my minions than this garbage RNG card potentially wiping out my setup for board control.

Just about every class' aoe is SAFE for friendly units you keep on the board (except hellfire but warlocks have shadowflame which is safe and good too boot at the cost of only 1 minion)
Reply Quote
Even though it's a card game with obvious RNG elements, I also think RNG isn't optimal gameplay if it can be avoided. It's nice to have in fun decks, but when it comes to serious constructed, it's not ideal if there is no comparable non-RNG card.
Edited by Blaisem on 3/25/2014 5:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
RAAARGH I can't believe that a CARD GAME can come down to BLIND LUCK! UNACCEPTABLE!

... for the record, that was intended to be sarcastic.
Reply Quote
Him I have kind of a neat idea.

Make Brawl a friendly minion buff. An idea for the buff would be "Brawler: cause a friendly minion's attack to affect its target and any enemy minions directly next to the target. Your minion takes attack damage from all minions damaged."

Would this give it the feel of one of your minions just getting into a brawl with the enemy minions, damn the consequences.
Reply Quote
I think they could try adding the attack and defense total of all the minions to create an "Arena Champion" for each sides, then smash them together.
Naturally the one with higher stats total will come out on top.
AND gives warriors a chance to execute if their champ loses
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 01:26 PMPosted by Zapatos

People complained about Tink Master about it's RNG, look at what Blizzard did to it.

this game is all about RNG cards, you'll just have to live with it.
Edited by SleepyFoX on 3/27/2014 5:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/28/2014 05:09 PMPosted by LightForge
Brawl is one of my favourite cards, as well as my first EPIC one.

It's randomness has always played in my favour:

Step 1: Play a low minion (e.g. 2/1) up against 4+ enemy minions.
Step 2: Play "Brawl".
Step 3: Enjoy the "Brawl" animation.
Step 4: See your minion come out on top.
Step 5: Lol as much as possible and stay longer in the game after doing a good trade.

This is as satisfying as seeing a Warlock "accidentally" discard LJ.

Speaking of which, isn't the rng of brawl rigged? Everytime brawl was played, it was the last played minion that came out of it alive. Maybe it's just a coincidence on my end but... the odds are fairly low.
Reply Quote
This card is stupid and requires absolutely no skills to play.

If blizz were to keep this card, remove execute and shield slam from this class, then all of us will be satisfied
Reply Quote
Just don't overextend against control warrior.
It's exactely the same thing as playing against mage (flamestrike), hunter (UTH combos) or paladin (equality + consecration), warlock (shadowflame/hellfire)...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]