Potential glitch involving hunters vs warrior

Here is the scenario:

I have an enraged Armani Berserker, and a fiery war axe. Hunter plays a trap. On my turn I attack him with my Berserker and the trap is a misdirection and makes the minion attack me. When it attacks me it died due to what I assume was weapon damage?

Is this a glitch or was it intended?

If it's intended does that not make misdirection insane vs classes with weapons?
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 06:40 PMPosted by Glew
Here is the scenario:

I have an enraged Armani Berserker, and a fiery war axe. Hunter plays a trap. On my turn I attack him with my Berserker and the trap is a misdirection and makes the minion attack me. When it attacks me it died due to what I assume was weapon damage?

Is this a glitch or was it intended?

If it's intended does that not make misdirection insane vs classes with weapons?

Working as intended even though it is dumb as hell
Reply Quote
To expand on the above answer, it's because when a character is attacked, they deal damage to the attacker. This includes heroes.

You normally don't see this- weapons don't provide attack during your opponent's turn and spells don't last that long so you usually have an attack of 0. If you get attacked during your own turn, i.e., through misdirection, you deal damage to your creature.

And yes, it's dumb as hell.
Reply Quote
Makes you wonder why you put your weapon away on your opponent's turn, doesn't it?
Reply Quote
Vorochi

Makes you wonder why you put your weapon away on your opponent's turn, doesn't it?

dang right
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]