Druid's Removal

Hello, fellow Druids
I would like to know how everyone deals with big creatures as a control Druid.
Recently, I've been playing Reynad's try hard Druid deck (he is a legend player), and I didn't have as much success with it as I expected to. Here's his deck:
http://reynad.com/decks/druid/tryhard-season-4#.UzT4A4XWgqI
How are you supposed to deal with things like Ragnaros, Malygos, Ysera, Tirion Fordring and many other powerful legendaries without:
-Hex
-Polymorph
-SW:P and SW:D
-Assassinate
-Execute
-Equality/Humility
-Hunter's mark/Deadly shot
and minions like Emperor Cobra and Patient Assassin
I don't think many Druid decks include naturalize, but even then, giving 2 free cards to an opponent late game can be even worse.
SO HOW DO I DEAL WITH BIG CREATURES WITH THE DECK ABOVE OR WITH DRUID IN GENERAL?
I personally think that the above Druid deck is meant for establishing early board control with an early Watcher + Sunfury combo, early Harvest Golem or an Early Yeti, then hitting the face of the opponent before being able to finish him off with the Force of Nature + Savage Roar combo and I believe that I am simply not good of a Druid player to pull off the board control and the combo ALL THE TIME with the above deck.
But anyway, Druid really struggles with removal, what do you suggest me to do about the big legendaries.. and even the Mind Control on my own legendary minions..
I am struggling hard with the Druid class, although it is, without a doubt, very strong in both Constructed and Arena.
Thanks everyone in advance.
Reply Quote
BGH/Black Knight coupled with Mark of the Wild(to give em taunt/get stuff like tirion/ogre above 7atk) is one of the standard solutions.

Then as you mentioned, there is Naturalize - which looks really bad on paper - but with most Druids running 2x AoL you usually have the card advantage that'll afford to let you use it, and if you remove an 8 mana creature like rag for 1 mana with Naturalize - you will have more than enough mana to spare in terms of getting board control after removing his big thread, so it's not all bad.
Reply Quote
Right now using Mark of the Wild + Black Knight combo. It's not THAT consistent, but it's usable. Against stuff like Ysera and Tirion... well hopefully you've still got you KoGs.
Reply Quote
2x BGH is what my buddy plays now that Tink is gone, you still really have no hope in lategame vs. Handlocks/C.Warrior/Giants Pally/Control Priest though, they have better options in that stage of the game, which they trade for a significantly worse midgame.
Reply Quote
I have a question about Tinkmaster. I saw that it is suggested on many fora but personally I think it's total crap. VSarius You say that he is gone...what do You mean by that? Has it been better in beta? Have they nerfed it? I tried to play it and instead of neutralising big add he was turning often my add into squirrel or smal opponent's add into devilsaur -_-. I personally prefer two naturalises than Tinkmaster. I was using two in my free druid deck and most of the time I was winning with them. What can You tell me about that Tinkmaster in the current Meta Game?
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 09:52 PMPosted by Shape
I have a question about Tinkmaster. I saw that it is suggested on many fora but personally I think it's total crap. VSarius You say that he is gone...what do You mean by that? Has it been better in beta? Have they nerfed it? I tried to play it and instead of neutralising big add he was turning often my add into squirrel or smal opponent's add into devilsaur -_-. I personally prefer two naturalises than Tinkmaster. I was using two in my free druid deck and most of the time I was winning with them. What can You tell me about that Tinkmaster in the current Meta Game?

Yeah, Tink used to be targeted. It's bad now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]