Top 30 Legend Murloc Deck

I just recently hit top 30 legend with this deck and I wanted to post it to see any feedback on it.

decklist - http://i.imgur.com/ZVf60K6.jpg

screenshot of the game I hit top 30 - http://i.imgur.com/uVxsDHT.jpg

p.s. I only have one legendary one my account (old murk-eye) so anyone who says this game is pay to win is flat out wrong. You don't need a deck full of Legendaries to get a high rank.
Reply Quote
Not to be snide, but it's murlocs there's only so much variation. I'd love to hear the reasoning behind the Mortal Coil over Grimscale x2, Priestess x2, or Flame Imp x2. Oh and Spellbreaker over Owl.
Reply Quote
I choose the mortal coil over another grimscale because I had just felt to often I would draw 2 grimscales and not draw the coldlight seer* or warleader to buff it and if i just put it on the board with other murlocs reguardless if I had a voidwalker or shieldbreaker up it would always die right away and with mortal coil it help increase my chances against a mirror aggro lock which I seemed to be facing a lot as well as hunter. I only use one flame imp too because since there are so many hunters on ladder too when I would draw 2 flame imps it would just feel like an auto less so it just help increase my chances vs hunter a lot more so I just added a little extra burst with power overwhelming instead. I also like the spellbreaker over owl because owl is mainly only used as a silence, with the one hp it dies really easy and with the spellbreaker it gives me a more durable minion on the board with the bonus of a silence.
Edited by Fear on 3/31/2014 11:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Pretty good reasoning although I haven't seen as much fast Warlock decks as you on Legends ladder apparently, makes sense, EU hates aggro. Good deck, seems really tuned to what you are facing which is more than can be said about a lot of people. Nice job.
Reply Quote
Its a zoo/murloc hybrid. pretty cool
Reply Quote
OP if you had Leeroy would you include it in the deck? If yes, which card would you replace.
Reply Quote
This a deck beat the system, you can't make mistake by playing it and winning rate is more than 50%...
Reply Quote
04/02/2014 08:24 PMPosted by MadJohnny
OP if you had Leeroy would you include it in the deck? If yes, which card would you replace.

Ya i just recently got enough dust to craft Leeroy (so I could play hunter as well LOL) but you could probably add him in there for one of the Doomguards. That deck is not as good though for trying to climb ladder this season as I have become aware of because I am facing a lot more variety decks (still above 50% winrate though). So I made the curve of my murloc deck to probably a more standard murloc deck you might have seen before to climb the ladders. Currently rank 5 with the deck below and I will be legend with it in a few days. But once I hit legend again I will go back to pretty much the same deck as the one from the first post to climb the legend ladder ranks.

decklist for ladder climb - http://i.imgur.com/5BVnjLz.png
Reply Quote
Hey OP just checked out your ladder climb decklist -- how often is hellfire being used? I would of thought it would be a dead card and that's why I was inclined to try shadowflame.

And I like how you're not using young priestess. For a while now I've been thinking it was one of my weaker cards and now after seeing your list maybe I'll try replacing them with shieldbearers.
Reply Quote
Fear, r we talking EU ladder or other? Can u say something more on how r u playing against some decks?
Reply Quote
Would you consider arcane golem a good substitute for Leroy?
Reply Quote
wow a zoo deck. ''this game is not pay2win, lol'' we all know the warlock-zoo deck is broken right now. Enjoy it before it gets fixed... I remember the Hunter good old UTH card, never really played this and got nerfed anyway.

Seriously, I can't play zoo decks because they make me feel like a idiot. I prefer doing something else than playing them...
Reply Quote
What makes the big difference between the two lists? Pros and cons?

I tried building the list from your first post, but I can't even get past rank 15 with it :(

EDIT: Took a win streak from rank 16 to 13. It's a pretty cool deck :)
How come you play Young Priestess over Blood Imp?
While you can attack with Pristess, it seems to me that most classes has no trouble dealing that 1 dmg quickly enough for her to not be worth it.
Blood Imp also seems to go well with Power Overwhelming, because it makes it easier to always have a minion on the board you can use it on.
Edited by Simwar on 4/22/2014 7:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/20/2014 06:32 PMPosted by Tig20xxX
wow a zoo deck. ''this game is not pay2win, lol'' we all know the warlock-zoo deck is broken right now. Enjoy it before it gets fixed... I remember the Hunter good old UTH card, never really played this and got nerfed anyway.

Seriously, I can't play zoo decks because they make me feel like a idiot. I prefer doing something else than playing them...

...says the one who obiously get's crushed by zoo. I think it was on value town where e.g. Trump said that zoo is not overpowered. It's strong yes, but not overpowered. It's also because of the metagame right now ... if it will change than again maybe the zoo players will cry.

But just to say warlock-zoo is broken ... sorry, play - > loose -> adapt -> win, it's that easy
Edited by eiseC on 4/22/2014 5:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Murlock warlock is broken...
UTH/Buzard/ Hunter is broken...
Raynard Warrior is broken...

So, ppl found the way to play 3/9 classes, so the 3 of them must be broken.

Next expansion/patch will have for sure some "sideboard" cards:
taunt creatures or secrets, with protection from murlocks/beasts or op weapons.

Then for sure you will have some other 3 classes up there in the ladder.
Reply Quote
No knife jugglers though...
Reply Quote
what do you think of using argent squires in posistion of priestess or flame imp?
Reply Quote
I too was wondering if i could have some enlightenment as to why the first deck list uses a Young Priestess as oppose to the Blood Imp, it seems to me that the Imp would be a much better option?

But of course I'm sure you have done it for a reason, i just can't figure it out. XD
Reply Quote
07/01/2014 09:42 AMPosted by Zapatron
I too was wondering if i could have some enlightenment as to why the first deck list uses a Young Priestess as oppose to the Blood Imp, it seems to me that the Imp would be a much better option?

But of course I'm sure you have done it for a reason, i just can't figure it out. XD

The Priestess is a threat and adds to your overall damage, something that is VERY important for a Murloc rush deck. The Blood Imp does not. Simply put, the 2 attack is worth more than the Stealth, especially for anything relying on beating the enemy quickly.
Edited by Tsenzei on 7/1/2014 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]