Replacements for the Legendaries.

Hi Guys,

I am not a big roller and have been trying to save for legendaries. Recently, I just got my Ragnaros and Grommash. This bolstered my decks and pushed my deck all the way to rank 10. However, I was wondering, what cards are solid replacements for Alex and Cairne. I have been contemplating using a Sunwalker and a Boulderfist Ogre. I want to use some replacements until I save for Cairne, I will take any suggestions!

Posted below is a current picture of my deck:
http://i.imgur.com/mOcasdn.jpg

Cheers!
Reply Quote
Alex is sorta not so replaceable, because the concept of the Control deck is to just throw her out and take your opponent down to 15 from possibly 30. Since you haven't been rushing, because you've been controlling. And then just burst down with Grom and close the rest of the gap however you can.

Boulderfist is a good one to have if you can't get the big legendaries. A good idea for control is to include some Sunfury Protectors to cheaply make what's already on the board into taunts. Dunno if warriors wind up doing that as much as other control decks though.
Reply Quote
Cairne shouldn't be put in Warrior Control (I can explain this but it's a really long explanation), he's easily replaceable by Boulderfists/Sunwalkers and when you can, swap those out for The Beast.
Alexstraza is pretty much irreplacable though you could get away with running x2 Gorehowl for awhile.
Reply Quote
People saying that alex+gromm is not replaceable is not true. It just requires you to have a stronger mid game. I got to rank 5 playing 5-10 games (sometimes none, thanks reaper of souls!) a day for about 2 weeks playing a tempo control warrior build. The list I am about to post is slightly different. The Commanding shout and 1 shield slam use to be 2x azure drakes. (The azure drakes were in the build that got me to rank 5 with very little grinding.)

2x Execute -its execute, dont make me explain it!
2x Shield Slam - See above
2x Whirlwind - See Above
2x Fiery War Axe - See above
1x Commanding Shout - Currently testing this and I am in LOVE with its utility so far
2x Slam - See execute
1x Acidic Swamp Ooze - Nice early game minion. Basically it is there to eat eaglehorn bows and gorehowls
2x Armorsmith - Armor engine
2x Cruel Taskmaster - Activates execute, kills aggro minions, draws cards off colyte.... combo combo combo.
2x Shield Block - Armor. draws a card, makes shield slam hit for 5... what more you want?!
2x Acolyte of Pain - Draw engine
2x Frothing Berserker - Lightning rod for removal and can get in HUGE damage
2x Arathi Weaponsmith - 2 for 1 that helps with tempo
2x KorKron elite - Priests can't deal with it and its a bad fireball at worst and a face beater almost all the time.
1x Brawl - In all honestly out of like the 35 games I have played with it... dead card is dead.
1x Gorehowl - Its gorehowl
1x RNGaros - Its ragnaros
1x Ysera - The mayor of value town.
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 06:24 AMPosted by TheDukeOfTBC
People saying that alex+gromm is not replaceable is not true. It just requires you to have a stronger mid game. I got to rank 5 playing 5-10 games (sometimes none, thanks reaper of souls!) a day for about 2 weeks playing a tempo control warrior build. The list I am about to post is slightly different. The Commanding shout and 1 shield slam use to be 2x azure drakes. (The azure drakes were in the build that got me to rank 5 with very little grinding.)

2x Whirlwind - See Above
1x Commanding Shout - Currently testing this and I am in LOVE with its utility so far
2x Slam - See execute
1x Acidic Swamp Ooze - Nice early game minion. Basically it is there to eat eaglehorn bows and gorehowls
2x Cruel Taskmaster - Activates execute, kills aggro minions, draws cards off colyte.... combo combo combo.
2x Shield Block - Armor. draws a card, makes shield slam hit for 5... what more you want?!
2x KorKron elite - Priests can't deal with it and its a bad fireball at worst and a face beater almost all the time.
1x Brawl - In all honestly out of like the 35 games I have played with it... dead card is dead.

Having a stronger mid-game as you call it completely changes the deck, from a control Warrior to a mid-range Warrior. So yes, Alex is indeed irreplaceable if you want a control Warrior deck rather than a mid-range Warrior deck that functions very differently. Your deck just seems awfully messy, it doesn't have nearly enough mid-game power to consistently beat control decks and you seem to overestimate Ysera way too much. I have no idea what your deck is actually trying to do, as it's built like a control deck but without the big guns to seal the deal, only Ragnaros which on its own isn't that powerful and Ysera that takes a while to really get going, assuming it can even survive that long.
Reply Quote
Ew, Ysera is about all I can say.
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 07:42 AMPosted by OwlRaider
04/01/2014 06:24 AMPosted by TheDukeOfTBC

2x Whirlwind - See Above
2x Slam - See execute

Having a stronger mid-game as you call it completely changes the deck, from a control Warrior to a mid-range Warrior. So yes, Alex is indeed irreplaceable if you want a control Warrior deck rather than a mid-range Warrior deck that functions very differently. Your deck just seems awfully messy, it doesn't have nearly enough mid-game power to consistently beat control decks and you seem to overestimate Ysera way too much. I have no idea what your deck is actually trying to do, as it's built like a control deck but without the big guns to seal the deal, only Ragnaros which on its own isn't that powerful and Ysera that takes a while to really get going, assuming it can even survive that long.

Actually I have stomped on multiple completely decked out control decks in the rank 7-5 area. Including the warrior mirror where they are rocking the full sweep of legends. Once I got my 1st shield slam I had enough removal not to lose to the other warrior decks. As far as sealing the deal, it is very easy when you are hitting someone in the early and mid game. The thing with other warrior decks is that their threats are coming down turn 6 and later where as you are throwing down things turn 3-6 and gaining value immediately. They end up having to but removal on korkrons and frothings while I can save mine for their big things. I have killed full warrior control on turns 6-9 multiple times. This is where the deck is the most vulnerable. If they play a turn 6 sylvnas or cairne and you already have hit them for 15 AND have board control with a korkron, a buffed armorsmith from a taskmaster and a frothing, you just ignore the sylvanas and bash their face in. It may seem messy, but every card is in their for the reason of gaining tempo and value and STILL having a solid late game. And to be honest I have lost count of how many games Ysera has won for me. Grommash is next on my list.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]