Misdirection × 2
Scavenging Hyena × 2
Snake Trap × 2
Starving Buzzard × 2
Unleash the Hounds × 2
Animal Companion × 2 I alternate with Houndmaster x 2
Kill Command × 2
Savannah Highmane × 2

I've been using this deck from rank 17 this morning all the way to rank 8 with 3 stars. It's still incomplete, I still want to add King Krush and Eaglehorn Bow into the deck. What do ya'll think of it?
Edited by CockBlock on 3/29/2014 3:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Looks like an aggro deck to me, so make the deck even more aggressive. Forget about King Krush and even the Savannah Lions you're currently running, they're too expensive for your deck. Eaglehorn Bows are a must though, definitely get those. I'd also get rid of a few traps, which ones depends on your style and experience, 6 is simply too many for an aggro deck. I'd also consider dropping 1 Acidic Swamp Ooze as you really don't want to draw them mid-late game as if you failed to win by turn 6 or so you're already on your back foot and need a strong finisher to clutch the victory from the jaws of defeat. Cards I'd add are charge minions like Bluegill Murloc and Wolfrider along with other cheap efficient minions like Leper Gnome and Argent Squire. Also consider running a Hunter's Mark or 2 to use it with your hounds/Stonetusk Boars to clear that annoying taunter that stands in your way. Lastly, don't alternate between Animal Companions and Houndmasters, stick to the Animal Companions and forget about Houndmasters, they're bad for an aggro deck.
Reply Quote
to hell with king krush

LEEROY!
Reply Quote
I think you are trying to play a more control hunter deck but giving up on a lot of more high value cards simple because you are going for more beast synergy which I think is a weak meta to begin with.

Stonetusk Boar × 2 - good in aggro ditch it in this deck
Timber Wolf × 2 - good in aggro ditch it in this deck
Acidic Swamp Ooze × 2 - good
Dire Wolf Alpha × 2 -good in aggro, okay in control, ditch it in this deck
Explosive Trap × 2 - good
Ironbeak Owl × 2 - good silence, but 2 might be excessive
Knife Juggler × 2 - good in aggro or mid range so good here
Misdirection × 2 - ditch it generally weak card
Scavenging Hyena × 2 - okay cards, but too easy to remove and situational I would remove
Snake Trap × 2 - ditch it weak trap mechanic use unleash for card draw
Starving Buzzard × 2 - good
Unleash the Hounds × 2 - good
Animal Companion × 2 I alternate with Houndmaster x 2 - put both
Kill Command × 2 - okay, i prefer 1 deadly shot for removal and then playing the control style if your going with a few beasts and board control idea
Savannah Highmane × 2 - great control card, I would argue best 6 drop over cairne and fire ele

Add 2 hunter bows, 2 freezing traps, 1 ragnaros over king krush, and leeroy as an additional win condition. Also 1 kodo to regain some board control mid game and beast synergy, and maybe 2 mid game taunts in case to regain some board control, so argus. Also 2 harvest golem for value early game.

Deck I would build based on all this:

Early game minions/creatures/spell:
Acidic Swamp Ooze × 2
Knife Juggler × 2
Animal Companion × 2
Harvest Golem x 2

Weapon + Trap synergy
Eaglehorn Bow x 2
Explosive Trap × 2
Freezing Trap x 2

Silence
Ironbeak Owl × 1

Card draw mechanic
Starving Buzzard × 2
Unleash the Hounds × 2

Removals
Deadly shot × 1
Big Game Hunter x 1

Too good in hunter to pass up
Leeroy Jenkins x 1

Mid-late game power
Defender of Argus x 1
Houndmaster x 2
Kodo x 1
Strangelthorn tiger x 1
Savannah Highmane × 2
Ragnaros x 1
Edited by Fear on 4/2/2014 8:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]