1x or 2x Brawl and Gorehowl?

I've been wanting to try playing warrior again for some time, but wanted to wait until I got some more legendaries (just got my golden Alexstraza by deing all my shaman cards, mwahaha!)

This is a legendary decklist I saw recently in this forum, and I was wondering if someone could explain why only 1x of brawl and gorehowl and why not say 2x gorehowl to reduce rng?

2x Shield Slam
2x Execute
2x Whirlwind
2x Cruel Taskmaster
2x Cleave
2x Slam
2x Fiery War Axe
2x Armorsmith
2x Shield Block
2x Frothing Berserker
2x Acolyte of Pain
1x Brawl
1x Cairne Bloodhoof
1x Gorehowl
1x Baron Geddon
1x Ragnaros the Firelord
1x Grommash Hellscream
1x Ysera
1x Alexstrasza

I understand that we are forced to have 1x legendary as that is the limit (and I do have the other legendaries for this deck), but I was wondering if it would be wise to substitute something else for a second Gorehowl to ensure that late game removal can come into play.... or perhaps not because it'd be horrible to have 2x high mana cards early game?

Thanks in advance from a newish warrior player! = 3
Reply Quote
It's doubftul you have the health to effectively utilize 2x Gorehowl, Brawl is nice to clear a board in 1 turn or potentially kill off a Legendary that Gorehowl can't, it's also cheaper.
Reply Quote
As experienced players mentioned earlier, 2x Brawl can work since opponents tend to overcommit after they see you use the first one. 2x Gorehowl, however? Not so much, considering it costs a LOT of mana and, by the point you summon it, will probably only be usable to go for the face. Which you already have Grommash for, anyway.
Reply Quote
Very true, thank you for the responses, I guess I'll try to experiment with 2x brawl since it performs a function similar to a Gorehowl and will never feel like a wasted card in this rush-heavy meta. = 3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]