How do I beat Control Priest

I run a control warrior deck. I have lost vs control priest every time I've played them. It's so incredibly frustrating for me. I have no problem beating other decks (disregarding RNG horrible games). Does anybody else have this problem? I'm basically running this deck minus Gorehowl and I have Cairne Bloodhoof added in. http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone-mid-budget-warrior-control-deck
Reply Quote
Priest is the hard counter to super lategame control, so you have to accept your winrate is gonna be low against them.
Reply Quote
Iv never won period. They always have mc's and or absurd healing rates
Reply Quote
You don't.
Reply Quote
Run wildly mad around your chair three times everytime you play a card.
Reply Quote
.... can you link me to a good priest deck? :)
Reply Quote
Haha ok I just wanted to know if it was just me
Reply Quote
03/30/2014 11:57 AMPosted by Vorochi
.... can you link me to a good priest deck? :)

This is the one that's currently being played in EU Legends. myself included (Copy-cat !@#$s):
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/priest#25:2;33:1;38:2;153:2;209:2;303:1;372:2;401:1;409:2;431:2;495:1;498:1;503:1;539:1;542:2;547:2;600:2;656:2;671:1;

To explain Geddon because it's a bit of a strange pick, he fits the curve better than a second Mind Control and Giants are really hard to play with Priest. He's also really flexible in Priest since you can basically turn your hero power into Hunter's, or keep big stuff on the board, while he can't. I feel he's really good.

EDIT:
Just did testing vs. every other Control Deck, the only one it has a less than 60% winrate vs. is Giants Pally and Druid w/ FoNRoar, against Control Warrior it had 90% over 10 games.
Edited by VSarius on 3/30/2014 6:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hmmm... it's like the illegtimate child of the two priest decks I put together on my own. :)
Reply Quote
It's a pretty standard Control Priest with A LOT of respect given to Aggro. The deck is performing way above my expectations though.
Reply Quote
There would seem to be only 27 card in the link you made?
Reply Quote
Huh, weird it shows 30 for me.
Here's the decklist:
Circle of Healing × 2
Holy Smite × 2
Northshire Cleric × 2
Power Word: Shield × 2
Ancient Watcher × 2
Sunfury Protector × 2
Wild Pyromancer × 2
Injured Blademaster × 2
Shadow Word: Death × 2
Auchenai Soulpriest × 2
Defender of Argus × 2
Holy Nova × 1
Cairne Bloodhoof × 1
Holy Fire × 1
Baron Geddon × 1
Ragnaros the Firelord × 1
Alexstrasza × 1
Ysera × 1
Mind Control × 1
Reply Quote
Yeah, there was just no indication that I could scroll down and it didn't occur to me at first. Sadly, I am short a Baron and a Ysera but it's something to think about at least.
Reply Quote
03/30/2014 11:12 PMPosted by Vorochi
Yeah, there was just no indication that I could scroll down and it didn't occur to me at first. Sadly, I am short a Baron and a Ysera but it's something to think about at least.

They aren't integral to deck IMO. Ysera can be replaced with a second Mind Control without really changing anything in the decks power, Baron with a second Holy Fire or Holy Nova though this does weaken the deck somewhat against aggro and it's less flexible.
Reply Quote
just Alt + F4 when this mongo pop up...
Edited by Shirei on 3/31/2014 10:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]