x2 Innervate a must?

Hi all,

I had a quick question regarding Innervate in my Druid deck. Currently, I only have one in my deck, and that's all I've really seen the need for. I've even been tempted to drop that 1 for another option, like Ooze or Harrison Jones to counter weapons.

Is running x2 Innervate a must?

Could I get away with running only 1? So far, I've been doing pretty well but I'm not in the higher ranks so I'm not too sure how things will go with just 1.

If I were to drop the 1 Innervate, what would you replace it with? Ooze, Harrison, another option, or keep the Innervate?

Thanks in advance. I can post my deck if anyone would like.
Reply Quote
Yes. It's the best card in Druid tied with Ancient or Lore, Innervate is !@#$ing amazing and I can't think of a card I would rather run, even in a Tournament setting except possibly BGH vs. Giants Pally.
Reply Quote
If you have a fair amount of cards with costs above 3 *yetis, azure drake, ancient of lore, late game legendaries etc...* then go for it.

If you're lacking them, then you can consider other options. Completely optional but great.
Edited by Kaww on 3/30/2014 7:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So I did some testing with my Druid deck: I barely, if ever, use the 1 Innervate in my deck. So I decided to drop it in favor of Harrison Jones or Cenarius, not 100% sure which yet.
Reply Quote
Innervate is the 2nd best card that a Druid has in his arsenal (second only to Swipe, barely). Along with Swipe, Wrath, Ancient of Lore, Keeper of the Grove and Druid of the Claw, it's considered a MUST HAVE in any serious Druid deck.

A common rule of thumb is to NEVER mulligan away your Innervates.

Stuff like turn 1 Innervate into Harvest Golem, turn 2 Innervate or turn 1 Innervate coin into Yeti, turn 3 or turn 2 (coin) Innervate into Druid of the Claw, turn 3 Innervate coin into Cairne, turn 5 Innervate into Ancient of Lore... those are some of the most devastating plays a Druid can pull off, and gains you a ridiculous tempo advantage. The list doesn't stop here. Innervate is ridiculously flexible. I can't remember how many times a turn 1 or a turn 2 Yeti has won me games almost single handed.

If you can't really see the amazing potential of Innervate, then I'm afraid you still need a lot of practice to gain a better understanding of the Druid class.
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 05:29 PMPosted by dyDrawer
If you can't really see the amazing potential of Innervate, then I'm afraid you still need a lot of practice to gain a better understanding of the Druid class.

Fair enough, even though I'm not too happy with the slight against me and my play style.

What should I drop for the x2 Innervates? Here is my deck:

http://imgur.com/KdYSQet
Reply Quote
It's not quite as OP as Black Lotus in MtG due to minions not healing naturally, but it's still one of the most powerful cards in the Druid's arsenal.
Reply Quote
Coin + Innervate x2 for turn 3 Rag is so much fun. Only been able to pull it off 4-5 times but it's basically a guaranteed win.

Other instances that are useful and happen more often: Turn 3 Druid of the Claw and Turn 5 Ancient of Lore/War.
Edited by phen0m on 4/2/2014 11:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I played well without it but it's a very useful card.
Reply Quote
04/02/2014 08:48 AMPosted by Ulyanasaurus
It's not quite as OP as Black Lotus in MtG due to minions not healing naturally, but it's still one of the most powerful cards in the Druid's arsenal.

Also, Lotus gives 3 mana instead of 2 and MtG has some really fast decks that can potentially win on turn 1 with a Lotus start.
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 03:06 PMPosted by Pugnator
04/02/2014 08:48 AMPosted by Ulyanasaurus

Also, Lotus gives 3 mana instead of 2 and MtG has some really fast decks that can potentially win on turn 1 with a Lotus start.

I'm actually not sure if there are any around anymore that can do that, I think a turn 3 with a Lotus start would be possible, turn 2 if you include the full Power Nine, but I think all of the cards which allowed turn 1 OTK have been errata'd out of existence (Channel, etc..)
Reply Quote
Innervate isn't a "must" card and you can definitely create good decks without them, however most players like them because you can create tremendous tempo advantage. An example would be starting out with a hand of :

Innervate
Innervate
Harvest Golem
Yeti

In the above example, you can actually Harvest Golem on turn 1, and then Yeti on turn 2, and keep in mind is this just on the opponent's turn 2 when he either has no minion in play or just has a dinky 2/1 creature. While you do lose out 4 cards, the tempo advantage you get is game breaking, so you will eb able to rush rush down and probably kill the oppoent by turn 8 since you will be dealing 6 damage a turn. Since most Druid decks run high cost minions anyway (Ancient of Lore, Rag, Druids of the Claw etc.), a lot of druids put the two innervates there to accelerate their late game threats into the mid game (or mid game threats into early game).

IMHO though it is better to split your innervates out rather than use the two to put down say a druid of the claw. 2 accelerated threats are better than one, and you can avoid scenarios where the opponent will take it out and leave you with no hand (for example hunter's mark+1/1 boar).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]