Lava burst over Lightning storm

I just remove both lightning storms from my ladder deck,in the current meta with all the druids,warriors and hunters lightning storm is way too inneficient even awful in some ocasions i would rather have some extra burst damage or a more eficient removal against all the yetis out there.

What are your thoughts on this?
Reply Quote
Looking at some recent articles about the meta and what not, a lot of Shamans are adding Wild Pyromancer. It has added value with lightning storm and lends itself nicely to combos with lightning bolt and what not. Maybe try adding in the pyromancers and see how they work for you?

I'm not saying don't run Lava Burst, I personally love the card. Just remember good players can, and will, punish you for overload. I'd rather have my 2 overload get significant value, i.e. killing multiple creatures, than be a 1 for 1.
Reply Quote
I run wild pyromancer in shaman since season 1 before the blood imp nerf and he was the main reason to remove lightning storm,there is a lot of efficient spells to kill weenie creatures but other kind of creatures like Childwind yeti,druid of the claw,water elemental,etc are more problematic to deal with it
Reply Quote
If i had to choose 1 id choose storm. Its the shamans only full aoe damage. We just need it too much. We are not like druid or mage with multiple good aoe to choose from. We have lighting storm which is not only decent but good but have no other option. Most shaman wish they would change storm. Make it more like swipe for 3 or 4 damage to 1 and 2 to the rest or flat 2 or 3 damage and adjust mp/overload accordingly.
Reply Quote
03/30/2014 03:49 PMPosted by Yseros
I run wild pyromancer in shaman since season 1 before the blood imp nerf and he was the main reason to remove lightning storm,there is a lot of efficient spells to kill weenie creatures but other kind of creatures like Childwind yeti,druid of the claw,water elemental,etc are more problematic to deal with it

This, if you dont have pyromancer i would recomend you to add one and leave storm.

In the current metta theres no really necessity for 2 storms.

Lost the count of games i won from zoolock just with pyromancer.

For me pyromancer is the best neutral card of the game (besides legendarys), so much utility.
Reply Quote
Is pyromancer even good vs zoo? Zoo is designed to survive weak aoes by buffing everything with shattered sun cleric, defender of argus and young priestess and punishing you for using them with armani berserker.
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 01:29 AMPosted by Astrohawke
Is pyromancer even good vs zoo? Zoo is designed to survive weak aoes by buffing everything with shattered sun cleric, defender of argus and young priestess and punishing you for using them with armani berserker.

Yes, it is great, obviously you have to clean the field before they are able to buff multiple creatures (buff one or too isnt really a problem because you can bolt one and destroy the other with the aoe).
Reply Quote
Will have to give pyromancer a try when I get some dust. It has potential to win or lose you games. The thing i dont like is its a combo card. I dont generally like cards that only work as combos but if 1/2 your deck is spells and shaman have fairly cheap spells you could have success with it. Ivs seen it used vs me with shaman a few times. Those times if i was in their place id rather have kobold/bloodmage instead since they are generally using it with a damage spell to make it hit harder.
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 12:39 PMPosted by CombatMist
Those times if i was in their place id rather have kobold/bloodmage instead since they are generally using it with a damage spell to make it hit harder.

there is a lot of situations when he is way better than spellpower..Pyro + lightning bolt is a swipe for 1 mana,pyro + lightning bolt=rip harvest golem,pyro + coin etc etc.
Edited by Yseros on 4/4/2014 11:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/04/2014 11:35 AMPosted by Yseros
Those times if i was in their place id rather have kobold/bloodmage instead since they are generally using it with a damage spell to make it hit harder.

there is a lot of situations when he is way better than spellpower..Pyro + lightning bolt is a swipe for 1 mana,pyro + lightning bolt=rip harvest golem,pyro + coin etc etc.

This.

There are situations when + SP is better, yes, but thats what thalnos and your tokens are for.

Plus, hes not just a "combo" card. In the worst scenario he is a 3/2 for 2 mana. Its not good, granted, but its not a disaster too like a dead card in your hand that you simply cant use or something like this.
Edited by Guedes on 4/4/2014 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The thing i dont like is its a combo card.

But it's a perfectly valid 3/2 for 2 without the power. It's also very nice when paired with the healing totem. I don't play a lot of shaman, but I've lost at least 3 or 4 games due almost solely to that combination.
Reply Quote
Ive seen shaman use pyro a few times + healing totem. It was ok. Just feels much more optimal for other combos like enrage or equality. Im not saying its a bad card just feels weird for shaman.
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 11:18 AMPosted by CombatMist
Ive seen shaman use pyro a few times + healing totem. It was ok. Just feels much more optimal for other combos like enrage or equality. Im not saying its a bad card just feels weird for shaman.

Check the shaman decks that the top players are using, almost all use at least one pyro, the majority uses even two.

I dont care if it feels weird, if it is useful, im using.
Reply Quote
I just checked the top shaman decks for season 4. There was maybe 1x copy of pyro in 1 of the handful of shaman deck. The season before there were 0. Im talking the top champ decks.
Reply Quote
I dont know which decks you checked but, for example, the last time i saw strifecro shaman deck, he was running 2 wild pyromancers.
Reply Quote
lol how you against hounds?
Reply Quote
I like 2 Pyromancers with 1 Storm and 1 Burst.
Reply Quote
I use storm with azure drakes, bm thalmos, and the totem.. pretty deadly, and easy to combo with the totem or blood mage. 2-3 aint great, but pumped up to 3-4, or 4-5 is awesome.

If i wasn't running the spell damage boost cards, I might swap them for something like OP did.
Reply Quote
Well, it all depends on your deck, but if you play with any spellpower minions and/or Unbound Elementals, Storm is really a lot better than Pyromancer for a few reasons:
1. You summon totems. Pyromancer kills or damages said totems. Why would you do this? You are undoing your hero power, one of the things that make you strong as a class.
2. You summon totems. You have access to spellpower in the form of a totem. Unless you're losing horribly (in which case you'll probably lose, as a Shaman with no health recovery), then you should have a few totems on the board, which will probably mean Storm has a boost.
3. You are a Shaman. If you have any self-respect, you run Azure Drake/Bloodmage Thalnos. That is, again, spellpower at no cost to you, while still damaging your opponent's cards as well as Pyro could, but without injuring your totems.
4. Storm synergizes with the deck. Just think: drop an Unbound, then drop a storm. Their board is now clear, and you have a 3/5, potentially 4/6 or 5/7 to greet anything they play.
5. The meta. It's a mishmash of solid rush or complete control. Pyro fails against control, while Storm does OK, though not great. Storm wrecks rush, while Pyro may wreck rush if you're willing to pour out a lot of spells. AoE spells. Like Storm.

Oh, and 6. Pyro can't do more damage than a consecrate (not enough to clear a lot of zoo decks nowadays) in a Shaman deck without Storm, and that's 2 damage to your minions as well. Storm will, at base, deal more than Consecrate, and can be boosted with aforesaid easily accessible spellpower. The choice is ours. it's also obvious.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]