So, where do I go from here.

Alright, after facing one too many aggro/rush hunters with turn 1 Leper Gnomes and all the condiments I've decided I need to figure out something else. I've tried different setups, earthern ring
farseers, holy lights, wild pyroes but nothing really helps the paladin against aggro. Time to put paladin to the rest waiting for slower meta.

So, as title suggests, what's there for me? I've only played shaman in ladder before, I don't really have a good deck there and it's still hard playing shaman against uth. The legendaries I've got are King Mukla, Old Murkeye, Sylvanas, Baron Geddon, Ragnaros, Ysera so they're really control-oriented.

Epics I haven't got are: Force of Nature, Ancient of Lore, Pyroblast, Ice Block, Spellbender, Cabal Shadow Priest, Preparation, Doomhammer, Gorehowl and Molten Giants. This pretty much rules out Giant decks with no moltens, Druid decks would really want Ancient of Lores, Warrior Control misses Gorehowl, Alexstrasza, Grommash, every rush deck and rogue is pretty fangless without surprise leeroy, rogue

Just feels like I'm playing ranked just to be a stepping board for hunter rush. I draw badly and it's concede all the time.
Reply Quote
Deck I'm currently trying to get to work is based on NewSunshine's redemption abuse deck, http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/constructed-strategy/1521-paladin-redemption-abuse

2 Redemption
2 Equality
2 Loot Hoarder
2 Sunfury Protector
2 Scarlet Crusader
2 Wild Pyromancer
2 Harvest Golem
2 Earthern Ring Farseer

2 Truesilver Champion
2 Consecration
1 Hammer of Wrath

1 Abomination
1 Azure Drake
1 Faceless Manipulator

1 Avenging Wrath
1 Sunwalker
1 Sylvanas Windrunner

1 Lay on Hands
1 Ragnaros
1 Tirion Fordring

Tried lots of little changes, before I had Rag I was running Baron Geddon as third consecration, have had two sunwalkers, 1/2 defenders of argus, now there's more 2 3 drops than before.
Today went down 2 ranks into rank 12.
Edited by Tupu on 3/29/2014 3:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm in a similar rank as yours with a control Pally deck. I really think it's all about having Consecration in your opening hand. I'll literally throw everything away to get it... everytime I think Loot Holder, Harvest Golem, and Chillwind Yeti should be good (2, 3, and 4 drop)... I get crushed by the rush. I think mulligan strategy with this deck is super important.
Reply Quote
Yeah against warlocks I tend to mulligan for consecration, and if it's hunter I prefer Truesilver Champion to answer Animal Companion fast.
Reply Quote
I suggest playing a Paladin rush deck. Cheap to make, fast games, and you can easily get to rank 5 or lower. If you want deck examples I would provide some links for you.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
I don't have Leeroy Jenkins for an effective paladin rush deck.
Reply Quote
04/02/2014 04:55 AMPosted by Tupu
I don't have Leeroy Jenkins for an effective paladin rush deck.

Since leeroy is just a finisher you could put in the stealth tiger or ravenholt as a low cost finisher

Leeroy is clearly better at finishing, but both have 5 hp which makes them hard to kill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]