3400 dust to spend. Help on deck build.

I'm playing a control build. I threw this deck together and seem to be doing well with it I just need some ideas on what I can improve. I have 3400 dust to spend for improvements. Here's my current deck.

2 mana:

equality x2
holy light x2
argent protector x2
doomslayer x1 (clear the whole board for 2 mana at the start of turn)
wild pyro x1

3 mana

aldor peacekeeper x2
big game hunter x1
blood knight x1 (choose this because he can basically be a 6/6 + for 3 mana)
earthern ring farseer x1
king mukla x1 (tossed him in because hes a 5/5 for 3 mana)

4 mana

truesilver champion x2
consecration x2
chillwind yeti x1
sen'jinn sheildmasta x2 (would aboms be better? they are 5 mana though)

5 mana

faceless manipulator x1

6 mana

avenging wrath x1
sylvanas windrunner x1

7 mana

guardian of kings x2 (eh not sure how i feel about these y/n?)

8 mana

ragnaros x1
tirion x1
lay on hands x1

9 mana

ysera x1

What do you think of my build and improvements?
Edited by RobotWorgen on 4/1/2014 10:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've been playing my warrior control deck a lot more lately... but I think you have too much healing in your deck. I think you'd be better off with something that provides card draw. I don't run Holy Light at all and only one Guardian of Kings. I'd go with 2 Wild Pyromancers... it increases the chances you'll have a board clearing combo in hand when you need it. I also find Blessing of Wisdom to be a great card... particularly early... but it's good anytime. I almost always play it on an enemy minion. I'd say about half the time (probably more if you play it early) they won't even attack with the guy you cast it on. So in a way it acts as a stall/removal type card. Also I think Alexstrasza is great in control decks. I'd play him way before Ysera.
Reply Quote
changed some stuff around this is what I ended up with:

This is the full deck now:
equality x2
wild pyro x2
aldor peacekeeper x2
big game hunter x1
harvest golem x2
truesilver champ x2
consecration x2
chillwind yeti x2
defender of argus x2
faceless manipulator x2
kodo x2
avenging wrath x2
argent commander x1
sylvanas x1
guardian of kings x1
lay on hands x1
ragnaros x1
tirion x1
ysera x1

I had most of the cards so I still have 3200 dust. enough for alex and cairne possibly?
Reply Quote
Alexstraza for sure, you really need Lay on Hands, and I'd probably suggest Cairne as well to assure no silence is coming for Tirion. Holy Light is just inferior to Farseers, never run 2 of it even in the most control-y Giants deck.

Overall though, Paladin Control is just a lot weaker without running Giants, Watchers, and Twilight Drakes due to the awkwardness of card draw mechanics in the class (We have nothing cheap except Blessing, which is not guaranteed to draw >1. Sometimes you can't even get board until 4-5 mana). So we have Lay on Hands at 8, and that's it. You can also do stuff like Blessing of Kings an Acolyte of Pain, but...ya know, that just makes a Silence target, which is good if you don't run Cairne+Sylvie. Our spells are also mostly on the expensive side, so we can't use the Library of Gadgetzan to full effect. Having a large hand is good for a Paladin, so Giants work brilliantly with our class.
Reply Quote
I still say add a Blessing of Wisdom... just be sure to play it on an enemy minion most of the time. Drop one of those 2 Faceless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]