Deathwing - underrated in control

I've played about my last 25 games with Deathwing in my deck instead of Harrison Jones. It's won me 4 of the games where there's no way I would have won. Maybe I suck for getting into those positions... but from what I've seen... he's staying in my deck.
Reply Quote
I JUST went up against a player who used him, and he was almost a non-issue for me as a warrior simply because of Shield Slam and Execute. At the time though I had Gorehowl and about 16 stacks of armor on top of 20ish health, so even if I'd used Shield Slam early and only had Gorehowl and Execute, I'd have been okay.

A priest player could also Mind Control it, etc etc.

Once you start going up against players with multiple legendaries in their decks, you learn how to deal with their gimmicks.

I don't even consider myself a good player, but legendaries aren't what give me trouble most of the time.

Those damn Shaman and their overload spells though... Ick.
Reply Quote
I probably just suck for being in a position where I've had no other option but to play him. But when I have it's worked well. On another note... Priests are freakin owning me.
Reply Quote
I would personally prefer a 2nd brawl over Derpwing. It's fine if you are in topdeck mode but if that's the case you're probably going to lose anyway.
Reply Quote
Lately I've had quite a few games go to where we're both out of cards... he makes a good game ender. lol.

Here's what I'm currently running... open to suggestions. Priests are killing me, Paladins I've been somewhat weak against... and other Warriors sometimes as well.

2x Execute
2x Shield Slam
2x Whirlwind
2x Fiery War Axe
1x Cleave
2x Slam
2x Armorsmith
2x Cruel Taskmaster
2x Shield Block
2x Acolyte of Pain
2x Brawl
1x Faceless
1x Cairne
1x the Black Knight
1x Gorehowl
1x Baron Geddon
1x Grommash Hellscream
1x Ragnaros
1x Alexstrasza
1x Deathwing

I had a Frothing Berserker in there but didn't really feel like it did much for me. Also had Harrison Jones instead of Deathwing for a while too... but didn't feel like I was getting enough value out of him... had a couple games where Doomhammer came out... but had I played Harrison I would have been forced to burn 4 or 5 cards... so he just sat in my hand.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]