Uh.. "Savvanah Highmane" Hunter?

It's the only way to describe it. At first I almost considered it, building the typical Hunter deck that everyone and Reynad is using nowadays. I do have the dust for the remaining cards after all. However, tonight's matches against Hunter have completely changed my mind and I've decided that I will never build such a deck, no matter how many times I lose against it. Instead, I'd like to learn how to play the "control" or mid->late game version of the hunter class and how to build that type of deck. From what I remember it involves cards like Explosive Shot, Multi-Shot and Savvanah Highmane. Is it currently viable, and does anybody know where I can find a good decklist?
Reply Quote
It is a viable and fun deck, i've been toying around with one, with pretty good success. If you want to see my decklist for some ideas and roll from there i'd be more than happy to share.
Reply Quote
Here is a link to my thread. Ignore what I'm doing and listen to OwlRaiders advice and you should be fine.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/12312501146
Reply Quote
@Athieol - Would you, please? With yours as an example I can see what exactly I'm missing card-wise and get an idea of how this type of hunter should be played.

@Peripatetic - Thanks for that link, it looks like there's quite a bit to read so I'll take a look at it later when I have time.
Reply Quote
sorry for the slow response, i went to bed shortly after my post.
here is my decklist: http://i.gyazo.com/ce4732e6a9628b400e89c2f51d067aa1.png
Reply Quote
For a given level of viable, yes. I don't think it's as good as the current standard decks, but it's usable on ladder.
Reply Quote
This is my midrange type hunter deck.

Hunter's Mark x2
Explosive Trap x2
Misdirection x2
UTH x2
Scavenging Hyena x2
Starving Buzzard x2
Sunfury Protector x1
Eaglehorn Bow x2
Animal Companion x2
Deadly Shot x2
Kill Command x2
Defender of Argus x2
Houndmaster x2
Leeroy x1
Faceless Manipulator x1
Cairne Bloodhoof x1
Savannah Highmane x2

I would like to add 1 snaketrap whenever I get 400 dust. Planning to replace the Sunfury Protector.
Would also like to eventually add Rag to the deck (don't have him unlocked).

The deck is an ongoing work in progress and I'm making constant tweaks to it.
Reply Quote
04/02/2014 03:20 PMPosted by MadJohnny
This is my midrange type hunter deck.

Hunter's Mark x2
Explosive Trap x2
Misdirection x2
UTH x2
Scavenging Hyena x2
Starving Buzzard x2
Sunfury Protector x1
Eaglehorn Bow x2
Animal Companion x2
Deadly Shot x2
Kill Command x2
Defender of Argus x2
Houndmaster x2
Leeroy x1
Faceless Manipulator x1
Cairne Bloodhoof x1
Savannah Highmane x2

I would like to add 1 snaketrap whenever I get 400 dust. Planning to replace the Sunfury Protector.
Would also like to eventually add Rag to the deck (don't have him unlocked).

The deck is an ongoing work in progress and I'm making constant tweaks to it.

Not bad for a mid-range deck, though I am wondering about the Sunfuries and Arguses, seeing that you already have a ton of removal already and you can't really expect your minions to live for too long, at least the cheaper ones like Hyena, Buzzard, Hounds and Animal Companion. For the same reason I'm not a huge fan of Houndmasters, technically mid-range is the only deck they're actually viable in but you don't have 2-4 mana beasts other than your combo pieces to really take advantage of the Houndmasters. Also I'd replace 1 Misdirection with 1 Freeze Trap, to give you some more versatility and screw with your opponent's tempo. I can totally see Gladiator's Bow working perfectly in your deck, personally I'd replace 1 Houndmaster with it, and replace the other with Big Game Hunter if facing a lot of control decks or something like King Mukla if facing a lot of aggro.
Reply Quote
Control hunter is meh, rush hunter is the best hunter unfortunately. If you are good you can make legendary with any decent deck. Getting to legendary is more about the grind than anything else.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]