Question on dealing with low health minions

As a warrior I get confused on how to deal with some of the little minions. If I'm in early game, have no minions to take out a 1/1 minion or something low like that but have a firey war axe, do I use that weapon to kill the minion or is it not worth it?
Reply Quote
As a control Warrior, I try to take advantage of the 1/1 minion by putting an Acolyte of Pain or a Frothing Berserker in front of him, or by using Acolyte of Pain with Whirlwind to circle a card.
If you can't do that, I guess it depend on the matchup. It can be bad to let a minion on the field against a Paladin, so I guess I would use the firey war axe if I can't deal with a minion buffed by Blessing of King, but wouldn't bother otherwise.
Reply Quote
Also in most cases war axe trades for two cards and the price you pay is lowered health. If the opponent doesn't run a rush deck, the loss of a few hit points in the early game don't have big repercussions in my opinion.
Reply Quote
It is kind of situational. If it's a beast and your facing hunter absolutely, if it's a paladin absolutely, if it's a murlock card probably. If there is a good chance it could be buffed take it out, otherwise if you can field the problem away in a few turns leave it alone.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]