Control Legendaries

I have Rag, Alex, Grommash, Ysera and Cairne. I have a bunch of dust and all the other cards I would need for the deck and am thinking about adding a Bloodmage. Anything else you guys are playing that I should consider crafting? Or anything that can go in other warrior decks that I should consider?
Reply Quote
I'm not that great... was only up to lvl 12 last season... and really haven't played my Control Warrior for more than a couple days... but I skip Ysera and have a Black Knight and Harrison Jones in my deck. You'd be surprised how often people take their strongest minion and drop something to make it a taunt. I run Harrison, Black Knight, Cairne, Rag, Alex, Grommosh... and just recently threw a Molten Giant in too... have gotten some good mileage out of the Giant actually. Late game it lets you drop a big legendary and him same turn
Reply Quote
Thalnos is alright (people normally don't expect him), Black Knight is dependable on meta but sees a lot of use now, but first and foremost I'd craft Baron Geddon. He heavily swings the match in our favour when facing shamans or popular zoo decks and baits out nasty removal in most other matchups.
Reply Quote
Geddon and tBK for sure, I don't run Ysera in most control decks anymore she is just far too inconsistent, infact, I think Deathwing is better for a super-late legendary in a control deck. Most games he sits out, but when you wipe out Ragnaros and Tirion with one drop, he makes up for his value.
Reply Quote
I honestly just started playing this deck yesterday.... I won 20 of 26 games and moved from rank 13 up to rank 8 before the reset.... I run Cairne, Barron Geddon, The Black Knight, Grommash, Ragnaros, and Alexstrasza
Reply Quote
Alex and Grom are enough for control Warriors, if you want to add more than Baron Geddon and Black Knight. Ragnaros is decent for a plan B but not really needed. Forget about Ysera, Cairne, etc, they just don't fit the style well at all. No idea why you'd want to add Bloodmage Thalnos, he doesn't do much for control Warriors.
Reply Quote
@Owlraider

Ragnaros is one of if not the best finisher in the game.... And Cairne is possibly the most efficient creature in the game.... And Ysera is just a boss.... She adds card draw in the late games and often turns the tide no matter the situation......
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 07:58 AMPosted by Kentuckycat
@Owlraider

Ragnaros is one of if not the best finisher in the game.... And Cairne is possibly the most efficient creature in the game.... And Ysera is just a boss.... She adds card draw in the late games and often turns the tide no matter the situation......

"Ysera turns the tide no matter what", yeah, until she draws you 3 Laughing Sisters.
Reply Quote
Is there trouble?
Reply Quote
If you're planning on playing control you don't need Ysera or Bloodmage, you need Barron Geddon. He is a fantastic stall card and you can negate the damage he deals with armor stacks. Cairne while a good card is a total chump in control decks.
Edited by Peripatetic on 4/2/2014 10:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Harrison is good right now against Warriors, Shamans & Huntards
Barron is almost needed against Shaman & Zoo/Mrgls
tBK is decent against Handlock, Druid & Zoo

I would personally ditch Ysera. I use to love that card but after getting Laughing Sister way too much and never getting Awakens I gave up on it. Bare in mind also when I say that my RNG is horrible so it may be better for you. I run Onyxia in it's spot, really like that card.

I would say craft Barron first and if you have enough dust after Harrison. If you don't run a single Ooze until you have the dust for Harrison.
Reply Quote
04/02/2014 10:51 PMPosted by Peripatetic
Cairne while a good card is a total chump in control decks.

I'm echoing this. In my warrior control deck, Cairne just hasn't been giving me much value. He seems to always get silenced and disposed of immediately, or my opponent will faceless him for huge annoyance (I don't run silences in my control deck). I've been seriously considering replacing Cairne with Black Knight due to all of the Druids with taunt I'm encountering lately. Black Knight would also actually be a good 6-mana play vs a Zoo deck, instead of Cairne- who actually seems to be auto-lose if I play him against Zoo.

As for Ysera-- she has won me way too many games to bench her. Between Ysera Awakens, Nightmare, and even sometimes Dream, she wins me games. And I'm especially fond of faceless-ing my own Ysera for double the draw.
Edited by Xcalibur on 4/3/2014 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 01:12 PMPosted by Xcalibur
Cairne just hasn't been giving me much value.

Same he's fantastic in my Shaman deck but he's not worth the slot in my Mage and Warrior control. I traded him for Onyxia because I can lose her and bait out the last of removal before I drop Alex and Grom, or Ragnaros I suppose if I don't get the true combo.
Reply Quote
For the guys debating dropping Cairne, I heavily recommend it in all classes that aren't called Paladin unless you run Ysera. If you run Ysera, you want to remove that Silence-effect early, yes Cairne becomes a 6 mana 4/5 "Search your opponents deck. Remove one Silence or creature with Silence", this is how the card should read in your head.

As alternatives, I like The Beast or tBK with tBK taking precedence due to bad match-ups vs. Handlock, and it's nice vs. those !@#$ing annoying Druids. The Beast should in your head read like this:
6 mana "Search your opponents hand. Remove the first Hard Removal, Transformation, or Big Game Hunter. If the first card found is Big Game Hunter or Hard Removal, your opponents gains a 3/3. Big Game Hunter is put on the field".

A 3/3 is laughably easy to deal with on turn 7 as a Warrior and removing a...removal instead of a Silence is far more critical to us since losing Ragnaros, Alex, or Grom is a lot more harsh than our opponent gaining a 3/3. It's even good against Paladin, if he opts to Aldor it as his removal choice, you can silence it with Spellbreaker for crazy value since it disables the Deathrattle.

If there is no removal left or found in your opponents hand, this card will end the !@#$ing game way harder than Cairne or Sylvanas. 9/7 is a huge statline.
Edited by VSarius on 4/3/2014 8:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]