use or DE king krush?

I just got a king krush and was wondering if I should just DE it? it seems like it isnt a viable card for how hunters are played nowadays. any thoughts?
Reply Quote
Don't DE legndaries. He's not viable in UtH aggro but he he is viable in Midrange and Control. Not to mention he is highly underrated. I can't tell you how many times he's been my win condition. Since you have him build a deck that can use him.
Reply Quote
if you don't use hunter, and you need the dust, DE him

he isn't viable at all for aggro hunter, and he's pretty bad for mid range as well, which is what i play.

he is only useful in hunter control, but even then, rag is much better in his spot.

for mid ange hunter, most of the games are often decided by the time Kng Krush can come out. the games he wins, are usually won without him as well, and games you lose probably wouldn't have been saved by him.

he's just too expensive
Reply Quote
krush is an ego card. you drop him in games where you're obviously winning, and use his awesome intro to rub the opponent's face in absolute defeat.

its very rare that i find him truly practical.
Reply Quote
How do you build a deck arround King Krush? any suggestions?
Reply Quote
a SUCCESSFUL deck? not possible.

if you don't mind losing 95% of your games, sit at level 20 forever, just for the rare opportunity to drop him and win, maybe mass up draw-cards and taunt cards, to try and drag games out as long as possible.

the unending stream of losses would kill your interest pretty quick, i bet.
Edited by dndrophidion on 4/4/2014 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/02/2014 11:44 PMPosted by BigTallGuy
he is only useful in hunter control, but even then, rag is much better in his spot

that depends on good sir wether the opponent has a taunt cause if he didnt i'd love kk over rag its all interchangeble
Reply Quote
04/04/2014 05:51 PMPosted by dndrophidion
a SUCCESSFUL deck? not possible.if you don't mind losing 95% of your games, sit at level 20 forever, just for the rare opportunity to drop him and win, maybe mass up draw-cards and taunt cards, to try and drag games out as long as possible. the unending stream of losses would kill your interest pretty quick, i bet.

i'm sorry i must suck but my hunter who uses kk is my best hero(only cause of all these rush to face guys)

i do suck just so you know my best was 11 but i also really dont care ranked is easier to play for quests
Edited by Piviot on 4/4/2014 11:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My advice is don't DE him, I dunno why people hate KK if I had him I'd definitely play him, sure he costs a lot but he is directable damage, unlike RAG which relies on RNG.
Reply Quote
If you don't have Leeroy, you can slide him into Cycle or Secrets.
Reply Quote
I use that legendary a lot as a finisher. But Leeroy somehow is better, 2 attack less and less hp but doesn't matter if it's a finisher and way less mana cost.
Edited by Kimuto on 4/5/2014 3:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 03:22 AMPosted by Kimuto
I use that legendary a lot as a finisher. But Leeroy somehow is better, 2 attack less and less hp but doesn't matter if it's a finisher and way less mana cost.

Leeroy is just purely more efficient so long as the UTH synergy exists. You do from 8 to 9 with the two cards for 6 mana (usually, sometimes more), while Krush is 1 card 9 Mana, for 8 damage.
If either Leeroy or his interaction with UTH is changed, Krush will be usable.
Reply Quote
I use both Leeroy and King Krush in my midrange Hunter deck (currently rank 8). KK has got me plenty of wins where I would have had no chance otherwise. I find him especially good against your typical lategame control decks to get that final tick of damage before you lose the board irretrievably.
Reply Quote
King Krush is a stronger standalone card. It doesn't require UtH to reach it's full potential. In my (limited) experience, Leeroy is not what I want in a control deck. Mid-game it's just 6 damage to the face, or expensive removal, and gives the enemy two whelps. I don't want the enemy to have two whelps when I'm trying to keep his board clear. Late game chances are I've already used UtH for removal or card draw.

King Krush is more damage, not reliant on other cards to be effective, and way more likely to live another turn. The beast synergy it offers is a surprisingly big deal. Getting card draw through Buzzard and KK is unlikely, but I'll often have a Hyena on the field when I play KK. That way, if KK dies, it still ends up buffing my Hyena. If it lives, I can use Houndmaster on it.

Leeroy works better in most current hunter decks, but for heavy control, King Krush is king. Whether or not heavy control hunter is viable is a whole different matter, but IF you insist on playing it, use KK.
Edited by Nickeboy on 4/5/2014 2:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
so i guess i'll keep it for awhile in case the current trend for hunters changes
Reply Quote
I just got King Krush recently. I actually got a golden Tinkmaster and disenchanted it to get King Krush (call me crazy), because Hunter is my favorite and I wanted to try it out. I instantly shot up in rank, and there is nothing like the feeling of ending with King Krush when they are at 8 life and have a full board but no taunt. King Krush is almost as good as pyroblasting to the face for less mana and requires instant removal after. Way underrated to be able to do 8 damage to whatever you want right off the bat. Even killing a big taunter and still surviving means it's oftentimes a game-winner.
Reply Quote
I have used King Krush in a control hunter with success.

I have also threw him into a hunter beast deck for fun and he didnt feel like a waste of a card to me.

He's definitely fun to use, but obviously others here dont like him. KK is one of my favorite legendaries.
Reply Quote
hmm I havent used him, but I still cant decide lol
Reply Quote
i was just reading a post about KK and it was basically saying he isn't good because he's only 8 damage basically which isn't as good as say mages pyroblast.

first of all Krush isn't guaranteed to be dead after turn 1. He is a very strong minion at 8/8.

Secondly he has very goof synergy with the beast deck considering he is a beast himself.

You can plop a houndmaster on him, and he's buffed by stuff like timberwolf.

He should not be looked at as a card that does 8 dmg. Obviously his potential is much greater. The fact that he is a guaranteed 8 dmg ( except for secrets stoping him) along with the fact he's a very strong 8/8 beast makes him a good legendary in my opinion.
Reply Quote
Just based on playing him a lot, I find turn 9's and 10's where you play him very underwhelming. I get that you can 2 for 1 with him pretty easily, but for that much mana I'd almost always rather play something else.

I know it's weird, as I really like the card. But for a legendary, I really feel like he's too expensive. Yeah I know rag is random, but it still takes damage /cards to kill him, and can still very easily force a lot from opponents. You can also mitigate RNG by having a board already. Krush may be better if the opponent has something in particular you NEED to kill this turn, but really, that situation tends to be very rare, at least in the deck(s) I'm running.

I recently removed him, as he just felt like dead weight every game I had him. I like the card though, but I think Mukla works better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]