Advices on my ctrl pally deck , please ?

Hey,

it's my first post here, and I'd like to hear some advices from you on my control Paladin deck.

This is what I've got so far : http://imgur. com/x5GGyeh (remove the white space between "." and "com")

Here's are my questions:

• I've tried many combos instead, changing between 2x Argent Protector and 2x Dark Iron Dwarf with 2xtaz'Dingo (Shieldamasta) , 2x Yeti or 2x Twilight Drake, but I haven't figured yet what's the best combo.
  • Today I crafted Lay on hands and added one more Silver Hand Knight. Is Stranglethorn Tiger
    a better option instead of Silver Hand Knight ? (I dont need to craft the Stealth one, I've got it already
  • I have a hard time against Priests : those 2 and 3 mana removals + Priest's control is pretty annoying and hard to " handle ". Can I have any advices. Should I rush him ?
  • What cards should I add? If you want to know what other rares/epics I've got, let me know and I'll try to post them.

Thank you in advance !
Edited by buGGdTiDDiEz on 4/3/2014 11:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's a control deck. Why the hell are you running Dark Iron Dwarf? Sub out 2 Dark Iron for a Spellbreaker, and then remove the Ironbeak (they suck). Now then, you have two open slots. If you have Rag, put him in one of those slots, and a solid 2 drop in the other. If you have no Rag, then 2 solid 2 drops, as your mana curve is weak there. Also, personal preference of mine: since you have plenty of low-cost removal already, sub out one consecrate for one more Avenging Wrath. It's just stronger, usually, than consecrate. Whenever I play consecrate, I feel unsatisfied, as it doesn't wipe the board fully. I find Avenging Wrath usually does if you've been doing your job right.

Oh, and mulligan heavily. You only have a few viable early game plays, and you're going to get steamrolled by aggro if you don't get them out fast.
Reply Quote
Take out Silver Hand and put in Azure Drakes, and I recommend taking out another card (maybe Guardian) for a Holy Light as it's good against aggro
Reply Quote
I personally think you absolutely must keep 2 Consecrate... particularly against aggro decks. Just my .02
Reply Quote
Oh, and mulligan heavily. You only have a few viable early game plays, and you're going to get steamrolled by aggro if you don't get them out fast.

What does this mean ? What's mulligan ?
Reply Quote
When you're choosing which cards to keep in the beginning... you mulligan the ones you don't want. If you're up against a Hunter and most likely Warlocks... only keep things that will be really useful against an aggro deck. Don't hold on to 3 or 4 drops unless it's Consecration
Reply Quote
Two more questions :

- I know it's a stupid question but How to get more often Lay on Hands and/or Avenging Wrath (I get theme so rarely)
- What to do to draw more ? Cult Master/Loot Hoarder/ Wisdom ?
Reply Quote
04/04/2014 12:55 PMPosted by buGGdTiDDiEz
Two more questions :

- I know it's a stupid question but How to get more often Lay on Hands and/or Avenging Wrath (I get theme so rarely)
- What to do to draw more ? Cult Master/Loot Hoarder/ Wisdom ?
Its just the luck of the draw. The only way to guarantee to get Lay on hands more often is to put 2 in your deck, which you do not want to do.
I run a control deck and the only draw cards I use are a single Hammer of Wrath and Lay on Hands, I usually never run into card draw issues.
Edited by Fiddlesnarf on 4/4/2014 3:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]