Buff my Druid

Hello there,
This is my first post here, I've been playing Hearthstone for two months now and really enjoy it, but lately I've felt stuck with my favorite class and deck - the Druid. I've assembled the deck myself, switching lots of cards in and out based on how they worked. Some of them still feel like odd choices sometimes (Sunwalker, Argent Commander, Blood Knight). I bought a few card decks and was lucky to draw Ysera, which I use in there as well.

Find my deck below - and please share any advice you have on it. I wouldn't even know what type of deck this is? Control? Help me out :) Thanks so much in advance!

(0) Innervate X 2

(1) Leper Gnome
(1) Worgen Infiltrator X 2

(2) Power of the Wild
(2) Acidic Swamp Ooze

(3) Mark of Nature X 2
(3) Savage Road
(3) Big Game Hunter
(3) Blood Knight

(4) Swipe
(4) Defender of Argus
(4) Violet Teacher

(5) Nourish X 2
(5) Azure Drake
(5) Druid of the Claw X 2
(5) Gadgetzan Auctioneer

(6) Force of Nature
(6) Starfire X 2
(6) Argent Commander
(6) Sunwalker

(7) Ancient of War

(9) Ysera
Reply Quote
Your deck is fragmented, without clear direction. It's almost control, but you have three minions that really have no business being in this deck;

04/04/2014 09:00 AMPosted by Wal
(1) Leper Gnome
(1) Worgen Infiltrator X 2

These. They don't have place in a control deck orientated deck, and not really in most Druid decks, either. Get rid of them.

You also have things like Violet Teacher, but you only have one of them. It's kind of like you're trying to include lots of different combos in this deck, whilst still trying to play the long control game. This approach does not work.

Decide whether you want your combo/Teacher/Minion Roar deck, or control. Right now it's not either, and it won't play all too well at higher ranks without some form of consistency.
Reply Quote
Thanks Pokey, regarding Leper Gnome and the Worgen Infiltrator – would you suggest to exchange these for other 1 mana minions (Argent Squire? What else?) or get rid of them all together and get some 3 and 4 mana minions into the deck instead?

I hear your about the fragmentation of the deck - any advice on how to adjust it towards a more control driven deck? Thank you so much.
Reply Quote
04/04/2014 01:02 PMPosted by Wal
Thanks Pokey, regarding Leper Gnome and the Worgen Infiltrator – would you suggest to exchange these for other 1 mana minions (Argent Squire? What else?) or get rid of them all together and get some 3 and 4 mana minions into the deck instead?

I hear your about the fragmentation of the deck - any advice on how to adjust it towards a more control driven deck? Thank you so much.

Hey, champ.

I've had a few Ales, so I'm not exactly sober right now, but seeing as no other Druid player has chimed in; I'll offer my seven month Druid advice.

If you're looking to replace those minions, I'd suggest at least one Claw, and two Harvest Golems.

I noticed a few other odd things about your deck earlier on, mostly the complete absence of Wrath. If you could help me out a little, and tell me what kind of deck you're looking to create (control, Token, Mid-range), I might be able to help you more.
Edited by Pokey on 4/4/2014 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]