Warrior Control- Needs 2 Shield Slams?!?!?

So I decided to make a warrior control because I had a bunch of random legendaries that fit in this deck. (Baron Geddon, for example.) So, I realized that I dusted a shield slam earlier because for some reason I thought that I would never use that in a deck. But, SURPRISE! I decided to make a control warrior.
Anyway, I was wondering If it was required to have 2 shield slams in a control warrior to make a good control warrior deck
Reply Quote
You can just about get by without them- they're the second best removal you have but there are other options.
Reply Quote
04/04/2014 03:18 PMPosted by SaintBroski
So I decided to make a warrior control because I had a bunch of random legendaries that fit in this deck. (Baron Geddon, for example.) So, I realized that I dusted a shield slam earlier because for some reason I thought that I would never use that in a deck. But, SURPRISE! I decided to make a control warrior.
Anyway, I was wondering If it was required to have 2 shield slams in a control warrior to make a good control warrior deck

Yes. Absolutely 2 sheildslams, as well as 2 sheildblocks.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I have two shield blocks, and thanks for the advice. ;). I'll try to craft another shield slam as fast as possible
Reply Quote
I run one shield slam and no barron geddon. I changed the geddon out for harrison jones and shield slam out for amani beserker....try it :)
Reply Quote
You can get by with one but I would make a second one my next prioity. A one in fifteen chance as compared to a one in thirty chance is a big difference.
Reply Quote
There are cards that I would deem as mandatory for Warrior Control

2x Execute
2x Shield Slam
2x Whirlwind
1x Slam (though I do recommend 2)
2x Armorsmith
2x Fiery War Axe
2x Cruel Taskmaster/Inner Rage (Taskmaster is better)
2x Shield Block
2x Acolyte of Pain
1x Brawl
1x Gorehowl
1x Grommash Hellscream
2x Beefy Finishers (Alexstraza & RNGnaros generally)

That's the almost irreplaceable shell. There are other cards that have really high value like Frothing, Cairne, Barron, etc but aren't absolutely necessary. If you do run one less Shield Slam you'll have trouble with your removal package. I know a lot of people think Warrior Control is fairly auto pilot, the thing is with it if you don't have all the optimal removal cards your match ups are actually very hard for some decks. Your decisions on what removal to use on what target will allow 0 margin for error.
Edited by Stickyboots on 4/5/2014 7:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]