RNG

First I want to say I am NOT whining.. just a statement of fact.

I would like to ask those of you with GOOD decks (rank 10 or higher), could you please share a deck that you STARTED with and won ALL the way to 10. (i.e. did not make ANY changes at all..)

I am not looking for a cheat.. just want to see your deck.

My RNG is so bad.. it's really pathetic. I tried following advice on Youtube and web sites, I can't get anything going. I have spell decks, taunt decks, ancient decks.. I get win 1 or 2 times, then I get 2 innervate with no minion against a warrior..or I get 2 souls, a wrath against a 6-5 taunt. This happens like 4 or 5 or 10 games in a ROW..

My deck randoms are REALLY bad.. like I am cursed. Again NOT whining..just want to see if I can look at a GOOD deck that hasn't been modified to analyze what I am missing.

Thank you.
Edited by Slipstream on 4/4/2014 12:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well, I used this deck for Test Seasons 2/3 (so, quite a long time ago now), it took me past 10 each time, at which point I usually switched to Rogue.

2x Innervate
2x Claw
2x Power of the Wild
2x Wrath
Bloodmage Thalnos
2x Faerie Dragon
2x Earthen Ring Farseer
2x Harvest Golem
2x Swipe
Chillwind Yeti
Defender of Argus
2x Keeper of the Grove
Starfall
2x Azure Drake
2x Druid of the Claw
2x Ancient of Lore
1x Ancient of Lore
Ragnaros

Now. The meta has changed quite significantly from when I played that (it could still take you sub-10, but it would take longer).

This is my current deck, which tackles the meta a little better.

2x Innervate
1x Claw
2z Wrath
Bloodmage Thalnos
2x Sunfury Protector
1x Big Game Hunter
1x Earthen Ring Farseer
2x Harvest Golem
2x Swipe
2x Chillwind Yeti
2x Defender of Argus
2x Keeper of the Grove
1x Starfall
2x Azure Drake
2x Druid of the Claw
Cairne Bloodhoof
2x Ancient of Lore
1x Ancient of War
Ragnaros.

This is the deck I'm using currently, it'll take me under 10, and I don't think I'll have to tweak it till around rank 5 (there's a little rush up there, so this deck will be adjusted along the way).

Neither of these are exactly special, but they're both very very reliable with draw. Consistency beats gimmicks most of the time, and both of these are consistent decks.
Reply Quote
I play Watcher Druid:

2x Innervate
2x Wrath
2x Ancient Watcher
2x Sunfury Protector
1x Savage Roar
2x Earthen Ring Farseer
2x Harvest Golem
2x Swipe
2x Chillwind Yeti
2x Defender of Argus
2x Keeper of the Grove
2x Azure Drake
2x Druid of the Claw
1x Force of Nature
1x Sunwalker
1x Black Knight
2x Ancient of Lore

Last test season I got to Rank 3 with it; I'm currently at Rank 9 and hoping to grind my way up to Legendary. Pokey, do you think a more controlley build is better for the current meta? I'd like a better long game against control decks, but I kind of like how horribly this deck tends to destroy aggro.

Cairne vs. Sunwalker is one of those decisions I've been back and forth on. The taunt is just so, so useful though.
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 12:28 AMPosted by Ashenai
Last test season I got to Rank 3 with it; I'm currently at Rank 9 and hoping to grind my way up to Legendary. Pokey, do you think a more controlley build is better for the current meta? I'd like a better long game against control decks, but I kind of like how horribly this deck tends to destroy aggro.

Cairne vs. Sunwalker is one of those decisions I've been back and forth on. The taunt is just so, so useful though.

I think a more control orientated build is as efficient as it was last season. Not a lot has really changed for heavily focused control decks, and you still see those heavy control decks in the highest ranks: 5-Legend. You know the decks; Control Druid, Handlock and Control Warrior.

I wouldn't think it's any better for this season, personally, they're still up there, and Watcher Druid is perfectly fine getting to Legendary still. Best thing to do is see how you're faring in the upper ranks, and make any slight adjustments you require. Your deck is solid.

Carine Vs. Sunwalker is very interesting. They're quite similar cards with Sunwalkers divine shield acting like a lesser version of Cairnes deathrattle. If you don't own Cairne, Sunwakler is a great replacement. If you do own Cairne, and I think you do, well that's a tougher choice. They're both eaten alive by silence, and Sunwalker is susceptible to Black Knight. Just falls down to which has helped you more over X amount of matches.

I was running Cairne and Sunwalkers at one point in a Beefy style deck, they both managed well against larger minions but Cairne plays a little better against smaller minions (due to a small minion being able to remove Sunwalkers Divine Shield).

Right now there's still plenty of rush and aggro around, so Sunwalker's still a great pick.
Reply Quote
I would say that Cairne and Sunwalker are both equally good. Don't have Cairne? Sunwalker is just as good. Have 2 x Sunfury and 2 x Argus? Go Cairne. Have Cairne, but not much Taunt? You'll have to decide!
Reply Quote
You aren't going to win every game and there will be people that play weird decks that will throw yours off.

I built this deck to stop Hunters, Locks and just in general all the fast aggro. It is a little bit weaker against control as it doesn't have a big finisher really aside from Rag (this is due to card limitations more than anything mind as I don't have every card).

From Rank 19 > Rank 9 (current) (Started at Rank 19 due to my position last season)

2x Innovate
2x Claw
2x Wrath
2x Swamp Ooze
2x Sunfury Protector
2x Loot Hoarder
1x Bloodmage Thalnos
2x Harvest Golem
2x Swipe
2x Chillwind Yeti
2x Defender of Argos
2x Keeper of the grove
2x Azure Drake
2x Druid of the Claw
2x Ancient of Lore
1x Ragnaros

The only thing I am considering changing now, is the Loot Hoarder to a wild pyromancer or maybe an Earthern Ring Farseer.

As said; this deck beats a majority of the current meta with strong board clear and is a bit cheaper to craft than some of the other druid decks.

(Yes I made it myself but most druid decks look similar anyway).
Edited by Lepruk86 on 4/5/2014 4:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]