Judge and help my hunter deck please.

I seem to get stuck around rank 13-14 with this deck, always seems to come down to luck in the end.

1x bestial wrath
1x argent squire
1x explosive trap
2x unleash the hounds
1x dire wolf alpha
1x knife juggler
2x river crocolisk
2x scavenging hyena
2x starving buzzards
2x animal companion
1x deadly shot
1x kill command
2x ironfur grizzly
2x multi shot
2x houndmaster
1x sen'jin shield masta
1x explosive shot
2x tundra rhino
2x savannah highmane
1x ragnaros

My hunter deck is kinda unique compared to other hunter decks lol.

Seems to be weak against mages, secret hunter decks and sometimes priest.

Thanks for any input.
Reply Quote
I'm stuck around the same rank as you, so feel free to disregard my advice, but the ironbeak owl card is pretty great. 2 mana, and its got great utility. i've won more than a few games by silencing a big taunt and bursting down my opponent.

leper gnomes are great too. I never really liked the stats for the river croc, or ironfur grizzly.
Reply Quote
You need more consistency in your deck, you have too many 1x cards. This will mean a lot of your games come down to luck because you are halving the consistency of your draws.
Reply Quote
Thanks, but i'm not really sure what to replace, lol.
Reply Quote
Your biggest problem is that your deck has no direction. On the 1 hand you have pure aggro cards like Argent Squire and Knife Juggler(for minion heavy aggro, which doesn't really suit the Hunter style anyway) to mid-range cards like Houndmasters and Shieldmastas to pure control cards like Ragnaros to outright terrible cards like Bestial Wrath and Ironfur Grizzlies. Decide whether you want to play an aggro, mid range or control deck and tune your deck accordingly. There are plenty of variations of all 3 archetypes(though a lot more of aggro than the others) all over the internet, just type anything hearthstone related into google and you'll find all the popular net decking sites. Look at those lists, understand what they're doing and more importantly what they aren't doing and than build your deck accordingly. Right now your deck is just a mess.
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 11:50 PMPosted by Acid
I seem to get stuck around rank 13-14 with this deck, always seems to come down to luck in the end.

1x bestial wrath
1x argent squire
1x explosive trap
2x unleash the hounds
1x dire wolf alpha
1x knife juggler
2x river crocolisk
2x scavenging hyena
2x starving buzzards
2x animal companion
1x deadly shot
1x kill command
2x ironfur grizzly
2x multi shot
2x houndmaster
1x sen'jin shield masta
1x explosive shot
2x tundra rhino
2x savannah highmane
1x ragnaros

My hunter deck is kinda unique compared to other hunter decks lol.

Seems to be weak against mages, secret hunter decks and sometimes priest.

Thanks for any input.

Every hunter deck I've tried loses to aggro hunter. I think my midrange hunter actually has a worse winrate vs hunter than shaman does. Pretty much all of the breaks in symmetry between the 2 decks favor the aggro hunter:

• You're playing more minions so they will get better unleashes
  • They're running more direct damage and chargers so they have a huge advantage in racing
  • They're running timber wolves for the huge finisher
  • All their guys have 1 health so hunter's mark and deadly shot become terrible cards for you, while they're excellent for them
  • Your best minions like highmane come out too late to swing the game
  • It's hard to find room in a midrange deck for 2x flare which pretty much every aggro deck seems to be running now
  • I can't actually think of any advantage the midrange deck has over aggro. I used to run ooze in my deck to give me a better chance against the aggro version, but I was still losing a ton against it so I decided it wasn't worth sacrificing other matchups to try to boost a hopeless one.

TL;DR aggro hunter decks are just too streamlined to beat with any midrange/control hunter imo.

04/09/2014 04:05 PMPosted by OwlRaider
    pure aggro cards like Argent Squire

I used to run an argent squire in hunter as an anti aggro card.

04/09/2014 04:05 PMPosted by OwlRaider
    Knife Juggler

The deck needs some 2 drops, and knife juggler in hunter has some serious upside with UTH. More so than wild pyromancer imo which is one of the go-to 2 drops for control decks.

Agree on cards like bestial wrath though. Bestial wrath is like a beast-only hand of protection, it's just not good outside of a few specific situations.

I also wouldn't run tundra rhino, it's a nice idea but it just doesn't work that well imo. If it was 4 mana so that you could combo it with savannah highmane then sure, but at 5 mana you can only combo it with mediocre things and you're missing too many stats for a 5 drop compared to something like stranglethorn tiger.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]