shamans have one of the highest win rates

Yet aren't being nerfed. Where's the balance. They have overload, feral spirit and a hero power that no other class can match, yet no nerf? Why?
Reply Quote
Because Shaman is generally good at everything, but not tremendously good with any one particular strategy.
Reply Quote
It wasn't so long ago that Shaman was considered one of the weakest classes. Give it time, the meta will shift away from shaman, such is the way of card games.
Reply Quote
Let me introduce you to Rexxar. He doesn't take too kindly to Thrall.
Reply Quote
Can't think of any shaman cards that would be thought of as OP. Fire elemental is the closest but there are times where you can't cast it because you had to overload to get out of a bad situation.
Reply Quote
I'd say Shaman is generally pretty hard to play and is good only in hands of good players (I know who to blame when I fail terribly). And that's why I believe he's balanced.
Reply Quote
Overload is one of our strengths now? Yes we can get out spells earlier/cheaper than most others but if you're not careful you are giving your opponent 2 turns to react since your next turn you won't be able to play much.
Yes Feral Spirits are good but so are a lot of other class minions. They are not really out of line in my opinion. Our hero power is a blessing and an unreliable crapshoot at the same time. RNG can favour you but it can also not give you the totem you want and you basically spent 2 mana for next to 0 impact. Overall I think we are pretty balanced, now if only Hunters didn't roll me over almost every single game...
Reply Quote
Get you !@#$t straight little fella, according to the last hearthstats report, shaman has only the fifth best win ratio among the 9 classes in constructed, barely above 50%

http://hearthstats.net/reports/mar/index.html

So, yeah, shaman is far way from being nerferd.
Reply Quote
Umm, seriously. Shaman was considered one of the weakest classes. Why I played it in closed beta versus the OP rogues and paladins. The thing about Shaman is that not one of the cards sways the balance in any way. The only way to win as a Shaman is good play period. You have a choice to use that overload card and not be able to use other cards in future turns or try to save it for another turn. Try playing Shaman and see how well you do. A tough class isn't for everyone.
Reply Quote
"shamans have one of the highest win rates"

Where's your source? Do you spurt out BS like that too in your everyday life?
Reply Quote
Thanks Guedes.
I had not seen the march one.

It was interesting in the january report shaman was on top. Even then it was not over the top. It was like 54% wins. A class will not out right get nerfed until they are at probably 55-60% win rate for several months straight. Funny shamans went from a hard time vs rouge to warlock instead. They also took a nose dive on hunter at 40% win yikes. Your right the meta will shift and things will change. FOr something to change the class needs to stick to top or bottom for a while. As such priest needs lots of love.

Shaman is not longer on top and there for in no danger of the nerf bat.

Hunter on the other hand jumped up from 9th to 3rd spot in 2 months. That is a scary trend. If they take 1st and stay their they will get the nerf bat.

Shaman has on this the 3rd worst win rate at 40% just behind the priest at 38% and 39% vs a specific class.

Seems shaman was overplayed and many more played the last 2 months. Before they were the 2nd least played class. With more plays means the more average players using them which will lower the win rate. Shaman was the hardest class to play and learn starting out which is why there were so few playing it. Now with the word going around they arnt 100% bad people are giving them a chance.
Reply Quote
I dont see too many R1 shamans around. In tournaments usually you will have 1 shaman in top 10. But the rest are hunters or locks.
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 04:26 PMPosted by CombatMist

Shaman has on this the 3rd worst win rate at 40% just behind the priest at 38% and 39% vs a specific class.

[/quote]

how is this possible? I almost never loose with my Priest deck. not playing it too much but still, and I don't consider myself a great player. when I do loose, its b/c I did a mistake.
Reply Quote
where can i find the win percentage of each class ???
Reply Quote
04/08/2014 02:41 AMPosted by JDanger
where can i find the win percentage of each class ???

This was posted earlier in this thread: http://hearthstats.net/reports/mar/index.html
I assume that in time April will be added or they might constantly update each day.
Reply Quote
The priest lose rate as all the others in an average. I find priest the least scary to play against almost regardless of what class im playing. Why?

Because they rely on board control for their big hit combos but are not that great at keeping it or regaining it most of the time. Priest has only a few buffs but they are very good but almost require comboing them together which sort of make priest a 2 trick pony. They have destroys but to be effective they need to double up on both shadow words instead of other options. Say a shaman does hex and a damage spell as their 2 main removal. Priest has very few options for how to deal with enemy minions. They have some answers but they are either too weak or are situational or have a side effect. The other 1/2 of them is reliant on stealing cards from the other player. That on average means you got a card that probably does not have much synergy with you but tons for them. Also the other player probably has more experience on how to deal with that card. Relining on your opponent for fuel of cards is just a loosing strategy. You are hoping they have things worth stealing and that you want that game which is a lot of randomness.
Reply Quote
shamans have the 4th highest win rate
Edited by Deadlyroot on 4/10/2014 4:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The Shaman huntard match up is 1-9.
Reply Quote
I was reading on liquid hearth. This month they went over all the 9 classes and which the top 18 expert players thought is the ranking of each. They were all fairly similar rankings 1 player to an other. The segment on shaman said that hunter vs shaman is one of if not the most unfair matchup of all the classes. As such im proud when I beat a hunter as shaman.

The article helped me look at what the top classes currently are and why. It had druid as 4th but still good because they are good against hunter and warrior the number 2 and 3 spots. The Shaman is 5th because hunter went to 2nd. Hunter easily displaced shaman by hard countering them. Shaman is far from the strongest class right now.

Warlock is strongest not because they have the single best deck but because zoo/murloc are opposites to handlock. This means playing vs mage is a toss up as to which cards to mulligan as to which you think they could be. As such its impossible to know which to mulligan and just aim for a ferals, earth shock and lighting bolt which is not 100% ideal vs either set of match ups. The same goes for other classes. Especially since zoo and murloc could have the exact same turn 1-2 and maybe 3 and still not know which they are. This makes it even harder to know what to play and what to hold not knowing what your foe is.
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 04:26 PMPosted by CombatMist

how is this possible? I almost never loose with my Priest deck. not playing it too much but still, and I don't consider myself a great player. when I do loose, its b/c I did a mistake.

*lose. Sorry, I don't normally do that, but that's getting unbelievably annoying.

You must not have faced many good players. Priests are easy to deal with with just about any class.

But yeah, Shamans aren't completely terrible right now but they aren't really having much impact on the meta.
Edited by Loco1234 on 4/11/2014 1:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]