shamans have one of the highest win rates

04/11/2014 01:16 AMPosted by Loco1234

how is this possible? I almost never loose with my Priest deck. not playing it too much but still, and I don't consider myself a great player. when I do loose, its b/c I did a mistake.

*lose. Sorry, I don't normally do that, but that's getting unbelievably annoying.

You must not have faced many good players. Priests are easy to deal with with just about any class.

But yeah, Shamans aren't completely terrible right now but they aren't really having much impact on the meta.

LOL you have NO idea what you're talking about. I play priest for the most part and have 3 separate decks for the class. Priests are definitely the weakest class of them all, but shamans are typically no problem as most shaman decks only run 2 minion's worthy of SW: death: Fire elementals. Sometimes I see rag in there.

Contrast this to handlock, where there are 4 giants, 4/9 drakes and jaraxxus and/or alextrasza. If a priest wins against that its only by horrid draws or poor playing by the warlock.
Reply Quote
Shaman is in a good place right now. Its hero power is definetly not the best, although it is very good.
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 02:04 AMPosted by ThaSpacePope

*lose. Sorry, I don't normally do that, but that's getting unbelievably annoying.

You must not have faced many good players. Priests are easy to deal with with just about any class.

But yeah, Shamans aren't completely terrible right now but they aren't really having much impact on the meta.

LOL you have NO idea what you're talking about. I play priest for the most part and have 3 separate decks for the class. Priests are definitely the weakest class of them all, but shamans are typically no problem as most shaman decks only run 2 minion's worthy of SW: death: Fire elementals. Sometimes I see rag in there.

Contrast this to handlock, where there are 4 giants, 4/9 drakes and jaraxxus and/or alextrasza. If a priest wins against that its only by horrid draws or poor playing by the warlock.

I fail to see how anything you said indicates I don't know what I'm talking about.
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 09:02 AMPosted by Homicidal
Let me introduce you to Rexxar. He doesn't take too kindly to Thrall.

In a meta full of UTH how can anyone complain about anything but hunter.
Reply Quote
If Hunters get nerfed, i think Shamans will be one of if not the best class. The reaosn you dont see many shaman players is because people play hunter more than any other class and they HARD counter shamans no matter what.

If hunters were weaker i believe shamans would be next up on ban lists/OP threads.
Edited by Akster on 4/12/2014 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Luckily if the 5 new cards shown are a representation of what will be released there is good news. None of those directly benefit hunter and most could benefit shaman. They may not change UTH or hunter but since they are so beast focused they will be passed by on most new cards giving more diversity and advantage to all other classes. In time hunter will be left in the dust because of near forced tribal.

Nerubian sac card could be good vs hunter. Fine they kill it with explosive trap or any of their annoying multi effects and bam you have 4/4 for 2mp. If they leave if they cant do explosive trap which is a huge part of their strategy. If they dont proc if you use flame tongue or any number of buffs to slam it into something and hopefully trade and still get your 4/4. Guessing this card will see lots of use with shamans running more than 1 attack buff or even sunfury/argus.

Dancing sword could provide a medium body early on. Giving them a card may not even matter if they are already up cards. It does require a significant card to kill it easily. This could put you ahead in temp and with nerubian sac make them have to play around it and suddenly the tables are turning and they are the ones having to play around things. Could be decent vs hunter as you want big bodies as soon as possible. Also this is just as killable for hunter as yeti yet 1 less mp so maybe decent vs hunter.

Shade of naxxramus will be a pain for hunters. They will have to burn multi shot or deadly to kill it. After 1 more turn multi wont kill it so you get to decide when to make it effective with say wind fury. Im guessing this card will see lots of use with shamans with windfury.

Undertaker could be good vs hunters. This becomes a big target even more than silence keeper. They will have to kill it or be punished for lepor gnome, loot hoarder and bloodmage all early on making it big. Could help some.

Baron rivendare could put the fear of death rattle in them and suddenly your leper hits for 4, loot and blood mage get 2 card, and harvester get 2 minions. Its a mid game minions shaman can play with many things cards especially ancestral spirit. Maybe have a new mid game legend that will be common.

Without knowing the other new cards looks like things may be up for shaman still having the stable of earth shock and hex compared to hunter still missing both and getting little synergy with these 5 new cards.
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 05:51 AMPosted by Malice
04/07/2014 09:02 AMPosted by Homicidal
Let me introduce you to Rexxar. He doesn't take too kindly to Thrall.

Lol I wasn't complaining, I was saying Shaman has a horrid matchup vs. Hunter
Reply Quote
04/16/2014 03:52 AMPosted by Homicidal
04/12/2014 05:51 AMPosted by Malice

Lol I wasn't complaining, I was saying Shaman has a horrid matchup vs. Hunter

Oh i know iw as siding with you i did that in a very odd way of speaking lol.
Reply Quote
Shamans are too reliant on good draws to ever be the highest win rate.

They aren't a complete RNG fest ... but those games where your 2 lightning storms don't come till the last 10 cards mean you have lost....

or that game where you didn't get a draw card mechanic until turn 8...
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 01:16 AMPosted by Loco1234

It depends on a deck. I switched to more defensive and lower curve build, because the whole night there were almost only hunters and zoo. With that my win rate against priest moved below 50%, coz I don't have enough damage to outdps all the heal, unless I draw bloodlust.
Reply Quote
Here is a funny thing many shamans have had happen along with myself.

2 months ago i had mostly commons and a few rares yet my win rate was 80%. I now have all the rares i could need and a few epics and my win rate dropped to 50%. I know ive gotten better at HS. Myself and many shamans I talked to had the exact same situation. We made a better deck and got better yet hit wall with win rate.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]