Best anti-aggro Shaman you have?

Hi guys been a while here.

I own pretty much all commons and rares. I have most epics (but not all) but only have a couple of legendaries.

I don't want to Disenchant stuff really as I kind of want every card at some point anyway. That said, what is the best deck you have crafted to fight the current zoolock / hunter aggro? and can that deck hold it's own against control as well?

I've tried countless net-decks as well as self made ones but I just seem to lose horribly as shaman against aggro.

I can handle it on my druid deck just fine.

I am at Rank 9 at the moment, not exactly high rank but high enough to be running into stacked legendary decks and people with at least some idea of game style.

I guess the thing is, I really love the Shaman class, I got to Rank 6 in it in season 2 and Rank 8 (I think it was) in season 4 (I didn't play much S3); but this season it has just been brutal.
Reply Quote
Hmm…by anty agro I’m going to assume you mean anty hunter since agro warlocks never seem to bother me much...in which case, have you tried something like this?

http://www.liquidhearth.com/staff/monk/Deck_guides/MIT_Shaman/Anti_hunter.jpg
Reply Quote
http://imgur.com/hIfhukQ

This is what I'm rolling. I replaced Ragnaros for Bloodmage Thalmos. Bloodmage, Drake and Lightning takes care of the Miracle Rogues if you're patient. And if you happen to have a spell damage totem, Bloodmage Lightning storm does it too.

Earth Shock is amazing in the meta! Was one of my favorite spells in WoW. I put in one Acidic Swamp Ooze because of the many weapons that are encountered. The sunfury protector is fantastic against aggro. After you use your Fire Elementals or pump up the unbound you put taunt on those beasts.

The dream is starting with earthshock, storm forged, and unbound elemental with the coin. You have a lot of options at that point. And toteming becomes more effective because of the Flametongue and Argus. Count the number of removals used before using Earth Elemental. I beat Zoo, Divine Zoo, Handlock, and Hunters.
Reply Quote
And I don't run Harrison, because it's not useful versus Zoo. Sure he's good against Handlock. But I have hardly ever gotten to the point where he plays Jaraxus. And at least ooze is a vanilla 3/2. There's not a lot of card draw so you need to play smart and patient. I generally have an enjoyable match because I don't win with just one card. With the Ooze I like activating a few traps and then dropping it to get rid of a 2+durability Eaglehorn bow. I'm Rank 7 and haven't played Hearthstone that much.
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 12:38 PMPosted by VictorTheII
Hmm…by anty agro I’m going to assume you mean anty hunter since agro warlocks never seem to bother me much...in which case, have you tried something like this?

http://www.liquidhearth.com/staff/monk/Deck_guides/MIT_Shaman/Anti_hunter.jpg

Actually; even Warlocks absolutely wreck me unless I manage to pull lightning storms (and normally both of them).

Because overload slows Shaman tempo down, and Warlocks can speed up their tempo via racial, even clearing the board doesn't generally help too much.

04/07/2014 01:27 PMPosted by SylvaCoin
http://imgur.com/hIfhukQ

Interesting, only one flame tongue and 2 Earth elementals? I find any 8 Attack creature dies to BGH but it is true that non-control decks don't tend to have BGH.

I also don't have Cairne - I really want this card asap as it is in so many decks.
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 01:47 PMPosted by Lepruk86

Actually; even Warlocks absolutely wreck me unless I manage to pull lightning storms (and normally both of them).

Because overload slows Shaman tempo down, and Warlocks can speed up their tempo via racial, even clearing the board doesn't generally help too much.

Trick is, aggro-Warlocks don't usually run Jaraxxus, Alextraza or any high cost minions (no, I don't consider Handlock to be an aggro-deck)... so your best bet is to pump out much damage as you can, they'll stop Life Tapping once their Health goes down enough. Once they lose that tempo advantage, they'll start losing board presence quickly. Fighting against aggro-deck with absolutely no board presence is like shooting fish in a barrel.
If you manage to pump Taunts on board (Feral Spirits, Sen'Jins) you'll start pulling ahead without AoEs due to getting better trades vs 1-3 Mana minions.

You might even wanna consider Charge minion + Windfury to push them out of comfort zone soon as you can.

As for Hunters... well, I've given up on them. I know it's a terrible answer, but I simply can't be bothered playing a match I'm not enjoying at all (even if I miraculously happen to win vs Hunter). Just hope that you won't run into too many Unleash The Skillz Hunters.
Edited by ÄmJii on 4/7/2014 2:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nothing particularly impressive but it works for me:
http://i.imgur.com/YiPLvyP.png

Rank 2 at this moment.
Reply Quote
If you don't have Cairne, then go with a 6 4/2 charge with divine shield. Not as good, but still a decent set up as can sometimes 2 for 1 like Cairne. It's 7 ATK dies to BGH, but even if it dies to BGH the point is to play it so that you pump up the Unbound. And I rarely encounter BGH, because that card is useless against Zoo, Divine Zoo, and Hunter.
Reply Quote
Having two Flametongue in your hand at once will lose you the game so would having 2 mana tide. It's for the best all around. There are alterations that I'd make if playing against Armor Warrior or Handlock, sure. But this is what I've found to be good against them all. With wise and patient play.
Reply Quote
I never auto surrender especially vs hunter. I want the game to go on as long as possible. I refuse to give them a quick easy win. Since i shifted my deck from rush to mid hybrid ive been doing better vs hunters. Trading some low mp minions for lighting bolt and storm ax make it so explosive trap cant wreak me and not just giving them fuel for UTH and I traded some mid mp minions for bigger ones cant laugh in the sight of all but kill command. Changing my deck from 10 minions and 5 spells to 8/7 has done lots for me. These are some of the cards besides the standard that have helped me vs rush decks and especially vs hunter. I found I could do anti agro 80% as effective as early minions with cards that have more late game potential while improving my late game lots.

I was reluctant to do ooze but with hunter as 2nd most played class its helping. Ooze I have a love hate relationship with. Against those with weapons its great. Against those without its a 3/2 vanilla. If you average that its a 3/2 good minion. Its helped me so many games. vs hunter to stop bow from recharging, rouge to killed poisoned blade they could do blade fury on and warrior besides tons of weapons to killed 1 upgraded.

Storm ax has done me well. Its not as awesome as fiery ax but potentially killing 3 minions early on is great. It allows you to not need as many early minions to counter agro.

Ferals and storm well ya they anti agro.

Earth elemental has worked for me vs agro. Often agro does not run silence and few high damage or destroy effects. As such this minion if i can live that long has stopped them in their tracks and thrown them a foot ball field back. This vs agro decks ive seen them use 2-4 cards on to get rid of it because as a rush deck you are on the clock to win early before you burn all cards in hand and they start playing big stuff.

Unbound has been of some help because as always its a lure and chances are my next will will be a storm, bolt or ax allowing me to wipe them clean and have a medium minion and after 1-2 overloads will be out of range of their damage spells. They know this and will fight hard to kill it. Im fine with them blowing soul fire on unbound. Next turn im putting out ferals, fire elemental, or earth elemental and then they are in real trouble.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]