Good hunter decks revolve around Leeroy J?

I feel like to get a high ranking deck right now you need Leeroy Jenkins in your deck, but the only legendary i have is ragnaros, and it just doesn't work to good in my deck, and i only can get 400 dust for him, but i do have most others cards you would put in a hunter deck, anyone have any suggestions?
Reply Quote
Leeroy is an excellent finisher but by no means a make or break card for the deck. You can still do very well with Hunter decks(both aggro and mid-range/control) without Leeroy. If you want to include your Ragnaros in your deck than play control Hunter rather than rush, as neither aggro nor mid-range Hunter wants Ragnaros in their decks. If you don't care about your Ragnaros than play whichever of the 3 you prefer and just change Leeroy with an Arcane Golem, Argent Commander or even Reckless Rocketeer. No, they won't be as strong as Leeroy(obviously) but they'll still get the job done.
Reply Quote
I am currently running a varied control hunter deck that has Leroy in it. I find that it works extremely well with unleash the hounds because of the welps. You can use a timber wolf or leokk with them, and get an insane amount of damage if your opponent has any board at all. It is extremely effective against warlock and other rush because you can ping away at his health and use a Leroy/unleash combo.

That being said, it is not a game breaker if you don't have him. You could easily sub hook out for rocketeer, or arcane golem.

For those people who hate walls of text: Leroy helps, but can easily be subbed out for something else.

P.S. I can post my decklist here if you would like.
Edited by Red on 4/6/2014 8:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
"He's an integral part of the deck so do your best to make him. Without Leeroy Jenkins this deck won't be winning nearly as much. You could try an Arcane Golem, but the results just won't be the same." - Reynad

Don't dust Rag though, he's so good in other decks.
Reply Quote
Can you please post your deck i would like to see it, thanks.
Reply Quote
Also i'm kinda a all in one class person btw, so i would be willing to dust ragnaros.
Reply Quote
Rag can be used in control hunter. Don't DE him, he is increadible.
Reply Quote
04/06/2014 09:03 AMPosted by Pugnator
"He's an integral part of the deck so do your best to make him. Without Leeroy Jenkins this deck won't be winning nearly as much. You could try an Arcane Golem, but the results just won't be the same." - Reynad

Don't dust Rag though, he's so good in other decks.

Way to put things out of context. Reynad was referring to his specific deck, not all Hunter decks out there. In his specific deck Leeroy's alternatives don't work well because he built an extremely greedy deck with very little pressure and no big finishers other than Leeroy, so Leeroy is indeed integral for his deck. However if you play a normal aggro, mid range or control Hunter than you should be able to replace Leeroy without losing too much, as you aren't min-maxing as much as Reynad did for his specific deck.
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 04:07 PMPosted by OwlRaider
However if you play a normal aggro, mid range or control Hunter than you should be able to replace Leeroy without losing too much, as you aren't min-maxing as much as Reynad did for his specific deck.

Well if you're gonna use a worse deck you won't be winning as much either way so yeah...
Reply Quote
Hunter without Leeroy will do fine up till about rank 10ish I think, but at that point it will be pretty hard to keep ranking up if you don't get hold of him. Outside of combo decks using alex, leeroy in hunter is the least replaceable legendary card in any current deck imo.

If your opponent has 1 minion on the board, leeroy+UTH+timber wolf combo does 12 damage from your hand on 7 mana. If they have 2 minions on the board and you have 2 timber wolves that's 18 damage for 8 mana. If you replace leeroy with arcane golem in that same situation, that drops to 10 damage for 7 mana. 8 damage is a HUGE difference and while that's basically the ideal situation for leeroy, it just goes to show how much leeroy outclasses any other card you can use in his spot.
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 06:39 PMPosted by Shoogle
Hunter without Leeroy will do fine up till about rank 10ish I think, but at that point it will be pretty hard to keep ranking up if you don't get hold of him.

I extremely disagree,

Last 2 seasons I have gotten to rank 7 and 6 respectively, I LITERALLY got my Leeroy 10 minutes ago. I was using a control deck

1x Leper Gnome
2x Stonetusk Boar
1x Timber Wolf
2x Explosive Trap
2x Freezing Trap
2x Misdirect
1x Snake Trap
1x Dire Wolf Alpha
2x Knife Juggler
2x Scavenging Hyena
2x Starving Buzzard
2x Eaglehorn Bow
2x Animal Companion
2x Kill Command
2x Unleash The Hounds (hate the change, warlocks now out rush me and I need traps to survive)
1x Big Game Hunter (for all those Baron Geddons, Rags, Faceless Manipulators, Druid Protectors, and Van Clef etc)
1x Tundra Rhino
1x Gladiator's Longbow

Except for the occasional miracle rogue, I'm in every fight, if you are struggling around the rank 12-9 mark, you just have to go on a run of wins in a row cause around the level 8 rank, the decks are different. This deck is all about managing the board if against a rush and getting out ahead of mage, druid, pally, priest decks. I can go into more detail if people would like but there are some pretty nasty combos involving the order of traps (misdirect into a knife juggler proccing a snake trap for example)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]