Watcher Deck...without Druid of the Claw?!

Link to deck list: http://3.ii.gl/ZWWl9A.png

2 x Innervate
2 x Wrath
2 x Ancient Watcher
1 x Bloodmage Thalnos
2 x Sunfury Protector
1 x Savage Roar
1 x Big Game Hunter
2 x Harvest Golem
2 x Swipe
2 x Chillwind Yeti
2 x Defender of Argus
2 x Keeper of the Grove
1 x Starfall
2 x Azure Drake
1 x Faceless Manipulator
1 x Force of Nature
1 x Cairne Bloodhoof
2 x Ancient of Lore
1 x Ragnaros the Firelord

One of the main changes I've made recently was removing Taunt minions (Sunwalker, Tazdingo, Ancient of War, even Druid of the Claw) in favour of Defender of Argus. I'm loving it so far; my Watchers are almost never a dead draw, and I can give Taunt to the other minions.

All of the minions in this deck are strong fighters, they overpower the opponent's minions through sheer force. But when you start giving them Taunt...it's brutal. It means you can just keep attacking their hero while they are busy dealing with your minions. Example: http://2.ii.gl/_EHKy.png

The draw power is pretty healthy in this deck as well, so you'll almost always outlast your opponent. I take 1 Starfall because I feel that 2 Swipes isn't enough AoE. Wondering whether I should take out one Yeti (slightly too many 4 drops) for an Earthen Ring Farseer or something. Thanks for taking the time to look at my deck, any suggestions? ^^
Edited by xBobz on 4/6/2014 2:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
2 Bloodmage Thalnos? How in the world is that possible? (EDIT: Nevermind. I think you made a typo since that's 31 cards)
Edited by Kimuto on 4/6/2014 1:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
oops :P
Reply Quote
I'd !@#$in' take out the Yetis for DoCs...DoCs are so damn good, why would you not run them. Or maybe Azure Drakes, Drakes are worth consideration. I do like the Argus' though.
Reply Quote
Hey i just tried you deck, 3 games, 3 wins !

One versus pala, one versus hunter and one versus priest !

That's a nice deck =) [and yes argus is really awesome =) ]
Reply Quote
04/06/2014 05:56 AMPosted by VSarius
I'd !@#$in' take out the Yetis for DoCs...DoCs are so damn good, why would you not run them. Or maybe Azure Drakes, Drakes are worth consideration. I do like the Argus' though.

They are good, I agree, the reason why I'm not running them is because I can make any one of my fighter minions (Harvest, Yeti, Keeper, Cairne) a Taunter for no cost at all. Notice that none of the minions in my deck have Taunt, I give it to them. This is good because you don't have to pay for Taunt in the cost (normally it costs one point of attack/health) and I can give it to absolutely all of my minions, two at a time.

Also, DotCs are 5 drops, Yetis are 4. It's important to keep the curve streamlined - I would probably go for Tazdingo, but like I said, that minion pays 1 attack to have Taunt when I can have a Yeti 4/5 Taunt for free.

Do you mean Twilight Drakes? Cuz I already have Azure Drakes lol :P I've tried Twilight Drakes, but they force me to play passively for the first few turns, and they force me to play them as soon as I draw them. And they get owned by silence :(

04/06/2014 06:00 AMPosted by RapToRZ
Hey i just tried you deck, 3 games, 3 wins !

One versus pala, one versus hunter and one versus priest !

That's a nice deck =) [and yes argus is really awesome =) ]

Thank you you made my day <3
Reply Quote
The great thing about DotC is that you don't pay anything for its stats. A 4/6 for 5 is right in line with what you would expect, and the charge form helps immensely against Shamans, one of the weaker matchups.
Reply Quote
04/08/2014 02:43 AMPosted by PresidentSDR
The great thing about DotC is that you don't pay anything for its stats. A 4/6 for 5 is right in line with what you would expect, and the charge form helps immensely against Shamans, one of the weaker matchups.

Yeah I know that - and I agree, DotC is great. It's as if you get Taunt as a profit. But with this deck's setup, I want even more. So, I take minions whose baseline is already strong (Yeti, Cairne), whose stats have already been given to them as a premium, and add Taunt on top of that. And you get a minion whose stats are not "in line" with what you would expect but a little bit more, with Taunt too!

I'm having quite good success with this deck, got to rank 6 in a few days :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]