Fix this broken class

Fix it, fix the cards, remove it from the game or shut it down.

There is a reason every other game in low ranked is against a hunter, because the cards are grossly overpowered and unbalanced. People get sick of it so they have no choice but to scrap their class and play a hunter too. Fix it Blizzard, you know it's borked and so does everyone else.
Reply Quote
Rank 20 farming is not necessarily a hunter exclusive thing.
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 03:47 PMPosted by Ghriffin
There is a reason every other game in low ranked is against a hunter

yea its in low rank cause hunters rock right? then why r they in low ranks i just started this season so i'm only at rank 20 and plaing my non viable decks and played 20 games

guess how many hunters i faced?

did you guess 20? wrong i played 1 so wheres the swarm at low ranks?
Reply Quote
I'm guessing you're only talking about the rush decks?
Reply Quote
No, I'm talking about what you noobs are seeing at rank 20. I'm talking about 3-15 every other player is a hunter. No class can beat them without perfect card draw period. That is why there is so many. It's not that everyone wants to play hunter it's that you have too to continue to rank up because any other class is unviable against them because they are grossly overpowered.
Reply Quote
in ranks 20-14 I can tell you that i've faced just as many hunters and shaman and warriors.

mages and locks are the most common imo. a priest is like a unicorn.

edit: against hunters, just don't overplay your hand. you don't NEED 6 1/1 minions on the board.

I try to keep it at 2 minions at all times.
Edited by Sensitive42 on 4/5/2014 11:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Obviously, you haven't got that far in. Your advice is to not overplay the hand? Wow, thanks! At rank 2-6 keep two or less creatures on the board against a hunter and see what happens.
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 11:29 PMPosted by Sensitive42
in ranks 20-14 I can tell you that i've faced just as many hunters and shaman and warriors.

mages and locks are the most common imo. a priest is like a unicorn.

edit: against hunters, just don't overplay your hand. you don't NEED 6 1/1 minions on the board.

I try to keep it at 2 minions at all times.

THat's the most stupid advice ever.

Okay, let me burn the enemy with spells, oh wait a minute, I'm a paladin

No !@#$, if you manage to put 6 minions on a board and you're not dead by the time you do that then that hunter isn't the to-the-face hunter 99.99% of people on ladder are playing

And we're not talking about rank 20 like you, more like ranks 10-3 becasue the ladder just reset.
Reply Quote
Hi, shaman player here.

The problem is there is no counterplay to their hero ability or most of their cards. Not everyone wants to play druid. You can say don't flood your board all you want but I always try to keep two non-insignificant creatures that can at least try to keep up to the hunter's hero ability+weapon+traps+abilities but what can be done when explosive trap has no counter-play?

You want to summon a non-weak monster? Sorry, deadly shot.

You want to defender of argus? Sorry, i'm going to change that minion's hp to 1 then unleash.

You want to attack? Sorry, proc this explosive trap and kill the 2/3 creatures u have on the board and take two damage to the face.

You want to ooze my weapon? Sorry, you've just "flooded" your board with trash with 3/2 stats that will die to explosive trap.

I can't build board control, I can't deal damage as fast. To me, this class is the least fun to play against at all and would like a rework of some sort... idk It feels like the hunter just does 30 damage to me on accident by turn 8.
Reply Quote
04/06/2014 05:27 AMPosted by Askuriel
Hi, shaman player here.

The problem is there is no counterplay to their hero ability or most of their cards. Not everyone wants to play druid. You can say don't flood your board all you want but I always try to keep two non-insignificant creatures that can at least try to keep up to the hunter's hero ability+weapon+traps+abilities but what can be done when explosive trap has no counter-play?

You want to summon a non-weak monster? Sorry, deadly shot.

You want to defender of argus? Sorry, i'm going to change that minion's hp to 1 then unleash.

You want to attack? Sorry, proc this explosive trap and kill the 2/3 creatures u have on the board and take two damage to the face.

You want to ooze my weapon? Sorry, you've just "flooded" your board with trash with 3/2 stats that will die to explosive trap.

I can't build board control, I can't deal damage as fast. To me, this class is the least fun to play against at all and would like a rework of some sort... idk It feels like the hunter just does 30 damage to me on accident by turn 8.

No counter play to their hero ability? What...? Since when do hero abilities have counter-play options? How exactly do you counter a Mage's ping, Warlocks' card draw, Warrior's armor, etc? No idea what you're trying to say here. As for the rest of your examples, you're making it sound like Hunters have a monopoly over hard removal and AoE. Last time I checked Shadow Word: Death, Assassinate, Soul Siphon, Fireball, Starfire, Starfall, Big Game Hunter, etc all exist in the game. So how is Deadly Shot any different from any of the above? Last time I checked Arcane Explosion, Blizzard, Flamestrike, Consecrate, Holy Nova, Hellfire, Shadowflame, Blade Flurry, Avenging Wrath, Abomination, Barron Geddon, etc are all available. How are they so different from Explosive Trap, other than the secret mechanic obviously, which is neither better nor worse, just different.

To start things off, Hunter is the Shaman's worst matchup, every class has its best and worst matchups, it's just that Hunter happens to be yours. With that said, Shamans are still more than capable of beating Hunters if you build a proper deck and play properly. Swarm Shaman isn't that great in the current meta, so don't play it. Other than Swam Shaman I don't see what other 1-3 cost minions you want to have in your deck so much other than Ooze. Some are obviously decent options and you should certainly have a few 1-3 cost minions in your deck, but the majority of your deck should consist of 4-6 cost minions and even the 2-3 cost ones should preferably have 3 or more hp rather than 2, specifically for Explosive Trap and other 2 damage AoEs like Consecrate, Holy Nova Abomination, spell powered Arcane Explosion, Blizzard, etc. You also have plenty of taunt options, from neutrals like Shieldmasta, Fen Creeper, Sunwalker, etc to class taunts like your totem and Earth Elemental(which is actually very good in the current rush heavy meta). To top it off you have a ton of removal(both single target and AoE), some of which(Lightning Bolt, Lava Burst) can also be used on your opponent's face to finish him off.

As a Shaman flooding the board vs Hunters is inevitable due to your hero power, so you need to have enough taunt minions to completely mitigate UTH+Timber Wolf backlash. A single Shieldmasta/Fen Creeper eats up 3 2/2 hounds, Sunwalker eats another thanks to Divine Shield, so having 2 of those taunt minions up and 4 other minions(6 minions so heavy board flood) still leaves you immune to UTH backlash. He'll use 2 cards(UTH+Timber Wolf) to kill 2 taunt minions, so a 2 for 2 trade for his "OP combo", doesn't sound so OP all of a sudden heh? Than you proceed to roll the Hunter over by playing even more minions and just smash him down, or better yet finish the game off with a nice big Bloodlust to make sure you win before he does with his hero power and Kill Command to your face.

By the way, if a Hunter plays Deadly Shot against you than he isn't playing face rush Hunter but mid-range/control Hunter instead, which is a completely different deck and requires a completely different approach, but isn't very common nor QQed about. What you're QQing about is face rush Hunter, so no Deadly Shot and either 1 or no Hunter's Shot. Just shows that all you whiners don't even know what you're whining about and love exaggerating facts to fit your propaganda.
Reply Quote
Heal and be prepared to do lots of healing. That's the only counter to Hunter rush. Shame only two classes do it well hence no counter.

If you hover around 10 HP you lose the game. If you can stay around 20 or more and still keep up with board control you eventually win the game.
Reply Quote
Explosive trap is abusive. Most traps you can play around them not to activate them. What are you supposed to do to play around this? Just use spells and weapons? That means they have a layaway consecrate for 1/2 the mp which is a problem.

The problem with hunter is the combination of cards they have. They punish be because of your number of minions no matter what that number is.

Minions on your board:
0- hero power and bow till you die
1- deadly shot, hunters mark, hero power and bow till you die
2- multi shot, explosive trap, or UTH combo + hero power + bow till you die
3- explosive shot, explosive trap or UTH combo + hero power + bow till you die
4-7 rinse and repeat...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]