Face Hunters & Unleash the Skill:

Are making the overall quality of enjoyment of Hearthstone lower. The amount of fun I have with this game has been significantly lowered since everyone has been rolling their face over the keyboard with face hunters in constructed. This should be seen as a serious issue, Blizzard. Fix UtH, or Buzzard, or WHATEVER, but the hunter in its current state should not be seen as a successfully developed class.

It isn't fun to play against. It isn't fun to play. Anyone who thinks face hunter is even slightly fun or interesting to play - your opinion should be invalid.
Edited by Sabs on 4/6/2014 4:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
People who play face Hunter will just go back to Warlock rush decks if Hunter gets heavily nerfed. Murloc decks were everywhere but not you rarely see them now because Hunter rush is more popular. It's not the class, it's the people who play rush decks in general.

All the cards that make face Hunter OP are neutral cards anyway - Leper Gnome, Leeroy, charge Murloc/Wolf/Golem. Take those away and face Hunter is a useless deck. It's not the Hunter class that's the problem.
Edited by Flayer on 4/6/2014 4:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've made a similar thread about rush hunters on the mmo-champion forums and someone there came up with at least part of a solution that i will summarize here.

The problem lies in UTH combos. The card was originally designed as a board clear, but with all the combo's available and the minions having charge it just promotes rush down even more. Hunters have plenty of other abilities to try a rush down (hero ability, kill command to the face, traps to stall you and clear your minions so they can keep smashing your face without fearing for their own hp)

The standard buzzard + UTH is impossible to deal with. By the time you get to clear these mobs with a weak AoE, they have already fulfilled their role: buzzard has drawn the cards and hounds have done their damage to the enemy hero.

Replacing the hounds with an AoE to clear enemy minions would solve a lot of these problems. It breaks the buzzard+hounds synergy (which is op, no matter what people may say) + it creates the enemy minion clear which is what it was supposed to be in the first place
Reply Quote
Face Hunter is a !@#$ deck with serious consistency issues, you want to cry about something, cry about Cycle Hunter and it's zero bad match-ups.
Reply Quote
I feel like Cycle Hunter is just a variant of the face hunter deck. It has the same properties as the face hunter deck with its own slant (the flares, freezing traps, and stonetusk boars). Generally speaking BOTH of these decks only work because they feed off of the overpowered UtH Buzzard combo. Also you say face hunter has consistency issues but the way I see it is it's currently the most brainless way to CONSISTENTLY climb the ladder. For how easy it is to play and how cheap it is to craft, of course it won't be voted 'Most Consistent and Reliable'. The bottom line for me is that I just believe any play-style that COMPLETELY FORGOES board control and only focuses on attacking the face removes a huge aspect of the game, and (for me at least) a huge aspect of the fun I have in games.
Reply Quote
04/06/2014 12:19 PMPosted by Sabs
I feel like Cycle Hunter is just a variant of the face hunter deck. It has the same properties as the face hunter deck with its own slant (the flares, freezing traps, and stonetusk boars). Generally speaking BOTH of these decks only work because they feed off of the overpowered UtH Buzzard combo. Also you say face hunter has consistency issues but the way I see it is it's currently the most brainless way to CONSISTENTLY climb the ladder. For how easy it is to play and how cheap it is to craft, of course it won't be voted 'Most Consistent and Reliable'. The bottom line for me is that I just believe any play-style that COMPLETELY FORGOES board control and only focuses on attacking the face removes a huge aspect of the game, and (for me at least) a huge aspect of the fun I have in games.

If you actually play the deck instead of forming an uninformed opinion, you would know that Cycle plays entirely different from Face. !@#$, when you are the control vs. Warrior and Druid, you are not playing aggro, you are playing like...Control Combo. Seriously, Cycle is the only time so far in HS that I've actually felt mentally stimulated.
Reply Quote
Lmao mentally stimulating aye? Are we talking about the same reynad cycle hunter deck? Cause from the entire decklist I see two possible types of combos.

Either A) Combo cards with UtH such as Buzzard, timber wolf, or leeroy OR
B) Use hunter's mark in conjunction with arcane shot/stonetusk boar to clear big minions

Those are literally the only two combos I see in your 'mentally stimulating control combo deck'

Unless you count playing eaglehorn bow and throwing out explosive/freezing traps a combo, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, at least from the deck-list I'm looking at.

Man cards like flare, kill command, leper gnome, and loot hoarders sure are mentally stimulating aren't they?
Edited by Sabs on 4/6/2014 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/06/2014 04:09 PMPosted by Sabs
Lmao mentally stimulating aye? Are we talking about the same reynad cycle hunter deck? Cause from the entire decklist I see two possible types of combos.

You obviously didn't play the deck much, if at all. Granted, this game is very simple by nature and no deck is overly complicated, but this deck is on the hard side. There are a lot of choices to be made and that's what makes the difference. Most decks you just drop cards on curve and try to get the most value possible out of them, but in Reynad's deck most cards cost less than 3 mana and sometimes that means you have a multitude of options and taking the wrong one can cost you the game.
Reply Quote
04/06/2014 04:28 AMPosted by Sabs
Anyone who thinks face hunter is even slightly fun or interesting to play - your opinion should be invalid.

so basically if your dont agree with me you dont count lol
Reply Quote
I played it a couple seasons ago when UTH was first changed to it's current form. It's actually quite fun to play. You should try it. Remember to shout (or say if others are present) "Unleash the Hounds!" whenever you play the card. Playing against it can also be very fun if you have a deck that isn't an auto-loss to Hunter. (Control Warrior with Geddon, Druid with 30 random cards, you get the idea). That said, there are decks that auto-lose to Hunter. Your choices are:

1) Adjust your deck to increase your chances.
2) Auto-concede to Hunter (this is not as silly as it sounds -- if your deck is 75% against not-Hunter and Hunter is less than 33% of the classes you face you'll still climb)
3) Figure out a strat that works against Hunter and concede if you don't get the cards (if you win 30% of the games you don't concede and concede less than 50% of the time you can climb)

And probably a 4, 5, and 6 that I didn't think of.
Reply Quote
Plain and simple UTH and Hunter aren't fun to play against. It destroys a lot of deck possibilities simply because that combo will crush them and makes 2/9 classes hero powers worthless. If they nerfed mage pyroblast because it was "Uninteractive and unfun" I dont see why UTH isn't nerfed for the same reason. It just isn't enjoyable at all for the opponent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]