Grommash Hellscream is grossly overpowered

Especially when you compare him to !@#$ creeps like King Krush. Gorrash has more hp, costs less mana, and always does more damage cause ppl always play him with inner rage.

Thoughts? Gorrash needs to be 10 mana imo. Or nerfed in another way. He ends games too early.

Thoughts?
Edited by KushID on 4/6/2014 6:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/06/2014 06:29 PMPosted by KushID
Thoughts?

I disagree.
Reply Quote
You're comparing two cards to one there. Of course two cards will have more power than one. In addition, King Krush is not a bad card. The biggest reason King Krush isn't as popular as Grommash is because Warrior is better at lasting until he can be played.
Reply Quote
Especially when you compare him to !@#$ creeps like King Krush.

As one of the few who plays Hunter Control instead of UtH rush I disagree.

As far as Grom goes he never lasts more than one turn unless the opponent is really card screwed. You get your one good shot with him and it costs you ten mana anyway. Make him ten mana even and he'll never do a thing. My guess you were card screwed and someone hit you like a train.
Reply Quote
ppl always play him with inner rage.

A card, roughly costs 2 mana of value. The fact that you're using a card to accomplish something, even if it's free, means you spent 2 mana of value to accomplish that thing.

So Grom+Inner Rage=8+2=10 mana value spent on it.

So it already does cost 10 mana. Be happy. :)

If not, then they get a 4/9 with charge for 8 mana, which is basically a Ysera or Malygos that trades the effect for the enrage, and trades 3 health for charge.
Reply Quote
Class legendaries I think were suppose to be stronger than just regular ones imagine if rogues could use grom that would be ugly
Reply Quote
Imagine if rogues could use grom that would be ugly

I think what would be uglier is if they could play Antonidas.
Reply Quote
04/08/2014 06:39 PMPosted by Peripatetic
Imagine if rogues could use grom that would be ugly

I think what would be uglier is if they could play Antonidas.

Antonidas would be awesome in Control Warrior too. I facelessed him once and immdiatly played 3 spells to get rid of the Mages Antonidas and got 3 Fireballs. Sadly i couldn't play them because the Mage instantly conceeded :8
Reply Quote
Grom + Taskmaster does 12 damage for 10 mana. Leroy Shadowstep Leroy does 12 damage for 6 mana. I'd say things are relatively fine.
Reply Quote
Grommash is just a very nice finisher, but is far from an OP card. There are far stronger combos for less mana, and still people have found a way to get through them at the top of the ladder.

If he ends games way too easily, the warrior was already ahead, or it was a close game with no taunts in late game (and little HP on the other guy). In both cases, same would happen with leeroy + shadowstep (with or without cold blood...), leeroy + power overwhelming (or add in a faceless for good measure...), alakir + rockbiter etc.

If you are encountering too many problems against warrior control decks because of grommash, if you add a more specific post (or a video of several games...), or a deck list, or all of the above, to get better answers...

Could be that the decks you're running/running into are simply weak against such cards. Or that you're not playing around the possibility of grommash in late game or many other possibilities.

As to King Krush - I agree that he feels on the weak side, but not because of the card itself, but because it does not synergize well with any of the good decks found for hunters so far IMO.

Krush costs more simply because it only requires 1 card, not 2. A lot in this game is about card value and trading well in the game - same reason that execute costs only 1, it requires some work from another card/minion prior to that usually :)
Reply Quote
love dropping alexsandra put their health to 15 next turn drop grom and a task master or ww, go in finish with a gorehowl or war axe gg. t.t
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]