UTH is gamebreaking

Why UTH has not yet been nerfed. How many games this card must ruin before Blizzard finally changes it?
Reply Quote
Prepare to get flamed :/

But yes, something has to be done about a few 'over the top' cards.
Reply Quote
It was about 2 months ago, but Ben Brode said "I will say that right now Unleash the Hounds is not currently planned to be changed." (http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/hearthstone/948-interview-with-senior-game-designer-ben-brode)

I doubt it's getting changed, especially when Hunter's win-rate was like 50.6% in the Hearthstats data for March
Reply Quote
04/08/2014 03:04 AMPosted by masters66
It was about 2 months ago, but Ben Brode said "I will say that right now Unleash the Hounds is not currently planned to be changed." (http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/hearthstone/948-interview-with-senior-game-designer-ben-brode)

I doubt it's getting changed, especially when Hunter's win-rate was like 50.6% in the Hearthstats data for March

Class win rate is irrelevant. Mages had a 49 win rate before pyroblast change.

UTH demands changes
Reply Quote
04/08/2014 03:10 AMPosted by Rulezfin
Class win rate is irrelevant.
According to who?

UTH demands changes
No, whining children demand changes. Blizz sometimes listens (see Pyroblast and Mind Control nerfs) but generally they don't, thankfully.
Reply Quote
Needs to be 3 mana or remove the beast type from the hounds it drops.
Reply Quote
04/08/2014 03:13 AMPosted by masters66
According to who?

The balance and dev team.
No, whining children demand changes. Blizz sometimes listens (see Pyroblast and Mind Control nerfs) but generally they don't, thankfully.

You're more of a child for this ignorant post than anyone who brings up UTH, especially given there is actually legitimate criticism of the effect UTH has on gameplay, no matter how much you might consider it "whining".
Edited by Dishrack on 4/8/2014 4:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Not post-release. Post release they'll essentially need a gun to their head to make changes. Nothing short of a dire, absolute, unquestioned need can compel them to make a balance change to cards post-release.

Mages had a 49 win rate before pyroblast change.

Again: that change was pre-release. It was a beta change made for a specific purpose to try to discourage a certain playstyle or at least make it more difficult to pull off. They've adjusted the playstyles as they desired and aren't going to make or break any more post-release.
Edited by Elendil on 4/8/2014 4:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/08/2014 04:16 AMPosted by Dishrack
You're more of a child for this ignorant post than anyone who brings up UTH, especially given there is actually legitimate criticism of the effect UTH has on gameplay, no matter how much you might consider it "whining".
This legitimate criticism is very rare, and I hope you aren't suggesting that "Why UTH has not yet been nerfed. How many games this card must ruin before Blizzard finally changes it?" is legitimate.

If UtH was ludicrously OP, Hunters wouldn't be the second or third-best class
Reply Quote
My druid watcher deck laughs at hunters....

PUNY HUNTERS CONCEDE AT TURN 5 LOLZ
Reply Quote
04/08/2014 04:21 AMPosted by masters66
This legitimate criticism is very rare, and I hope you aren't suggesting that "Why UTH has not yet been nerfed. How many games this card must ruin before Blizzard finally changes it?" is legitimate.

I'm suggesting that generalizing any call for a change to the card as "whining" from "children" makes you the child. The legitimate criticism isn't rare; it pops up every thread. And you've acknowledged the legitimate criticism, so why then respond to a thread as if that criticism doesn't exist? The poster didn't posit said criticism but you know that it's the basis of his call for change.

If UtH was ludicrously OP, Hunters wouldn't be the second or third-best class

UTH isn't overpowered. It's gamebreaking in two ways, namely the fact that Hunter decks are almost solely built around it, and the fact that it dictates gameplay in a way no other card in the game does (save maybe pyroblast in a freeze mage deck). The follow up to this forced gameplay is the fact that the only real way to play around the card plays directly into the rest of the Hunter deck (cheap single/double target removals, damaging spells, and traps) and slowing your own tempo down to the point where the Hunter can whittle you down with ease using the hero ability. And finally, UTH as it stands currently turns two other hero abilities into hindrances.

The problem isn't solely UTH. It's how stupidly well it combos with everything else the Hunter has, forcing non-interactive gameplay and whose only counter gets countered with ease.
Reply Quote
04/08/2014 04:21 AMPosted by Elendil

Not post-release. Post release they'll essentially need a gun to their head to make changes. Nothing short of a dire, absolute, unquestioned need can compel them to make a balance change to cards post-release.

Mages had a 49 win rate before pyroblast change.

Again: that change was pre-release. It was a beta change made for a specific purpose to try to discourage a certain playstyle or at least make it more difficult to pull off. They've adjusted the playstyles as they desired and aren't going to make or break any more post-release.

Blizzard makes balance changes all the time with their other products, I don't see why you think it would be hard for them to do it on this game also. I mean hell, they were nerfing Diablo III abilities and that game lacks PVP. Pointless if you ask me, I don't see why they bothered.
Reply Quote
umm guys look at this.

http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/constructed-strategy/1835-hs-class-power-ranks-april-2014

I guess hunter and warlock might needs some 'attention'?

(or buff mage and priest. PLEASE)
Reply Quote
Why nerf UTH when Innervate is the most powerful card in the game?
Reply Quote
Priest... or as I like to refer to them, THIEF class, needs far more attention than UtH. UtH is a one trick pony. If it were so over the top, it would mean an auto win each time right? Or certainly more than 50.6% or whatever...

Tell that to my Hunter then.

Part of that is my play of course, but let me tell you - I've DESTROYED hunters who use UtH and I've also been on the receiving end of it. If you can't figure out how to play around that trick, then maybe this isn't the game for you.

How do I play around a Priest, for instance, who summons TWO COPIES of Ragnaros out of my deck on the same turn? Gosh, I guess I was too stupid NOT to have him in there...

It's a trick. Adapt or lose.
Reply Quote
They need to change it to to 3 mana summons 3 dogs. This way, the opponant wouldn't feel the need to run a weak board. The true advantage of the card is that it punishes you for playing the game!!!
Reply Quote
04/08/2014 04:46 AMPosted by YotsubaGroup
hard for them to do it on this game also.

It's not that its hard, it's that this product is free. Changes to cards interferes with their monetization model, making the game harder to continue, and it effects the player base differently and impacts certain players disproportionately. Also with card games, meta developments are far more important than in any of their other games except perhaps with StarCraft, and changing cards interrupts the development of that meta.
Reply Quote
UTH is fine, 1-1 charge hound per minion on the board is OP? Lol.
Reply Quote
The problem is, if HS is a game that's fun only if you're really good at it, it'll die. Particularly since it isn't very good at matching people to opponents of equal skill, it's hell on noobs.

I just conceded a game the moment Hunter dropped UtH. I probably could've beaten it, but eff you is why. I'm just tired of it. I wish there was a command for declining a match.
Reply Quote
Never place more than 2 minions in play at a time. Once one dies, replace it. Hunters usually get very impatient with this strategy and waste their hounds on cheap minions earlier than they should. Run a control deck and you will eat hunters for breakfast! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]