UTH is gamebreaking

Um its not unreasonable at all to say that Hunter's flat out aggression as a gameplan, putting peopel on absurd clocks and winning before hitting 10 mana, is bad for the game.

I don't know why you'd tar people as "whiners" for saying a card that allows a hunter player to combo into putting absurd amounts of damage on the board, punishing decks merely for the crime of building field position to stop their opponent snowballing, and have monsters between his creatures and their life, and handing two card combos that just allow you to win games before you hit 6-7 mana because you opened extremely well.

Because hunter does that. And it's actually stupid that the developers of this game pretend that it's perfectly ok for Hunter to interact this way. The core hero power of Hunter's game mechanic is just bad gameplay, dealing damage really quickly for the sake of dealing damage and ending the game fast isn't fun play.
Reply Quote
Everytime I play my gold farming Hunter deck, I always put 2 UTHs and 2 Savannah Highmanes with a leeroy.

Gives soo much control in games even if the opponent only plays 2-3 minions I can force them to have 2 extra using Leeroy and bait out removals with the highmanes and out pops 2 2/2 hyneas for more card draws and fodder for scavenging hyena buffs.

I force them to have 5 minions which gives 5 hounds to further buff up the scavenging hyena and to destroy taunt minions before the 30 attack hyena goes in for the one shot :P. At end game I have 2 30 attack minions one leeroy for 6 attack and taunt clearer and a full hand of cards to counter anything they can do :P.

The synergy Between UTH, Highmane, Hyena, and Vulture is very strong.
Edited by Eros on 4/8/2014 8:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/08/2014 03:00 AMPosted by Rulezfin
Why UTH has not yet been nerfed. How many games this card must ruin before Blizzard finally changes it?

It ruining one game would be a nice start. So far, it hasn't ruined any games. It just happened to be a functional card, and an apparent reason for the victory (or loss, depending on perspective).
Reply Quote
04/08/2014 08:14 AMPosted by Qwertster
It's not surprising to me at all that warlock and hunter would be top tier according to this poll.

It has to do with only one thing: card draw.

Actually, hunter is pretty easy to beat if you can limit their buzzards to draw less than 4 cards. If they draw more than that, well that's GG.

Same with Warlock, if you can force him to use his mana every turn and not lifetap it is an easy game for you. It doesn't matter if he is murloc, handlock, or zoo, it's the lifetap that wins these games.

UTH is not OP on its own. It's a great card.

Card draw is what wins games.

Remember when you were new to the game and a priest played a cleric on turn one? Kept drawing all game long? Yeah...card draw...

It's not just the drawing . It's the drawing combined with slowly chipping away at your health. 4 Classes can kinda handle the chip damage in Druid , Paladin , Priest and Warrior while the other have to outdps the Hunter or more of less hope they don't too fast.
Edited by Serp on 4/8/2014 9:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ppl should state what server and what rank they play on if they are having these game breaking hunter issues. It would help us understand where are they coming from. I got to rank 4 last season and climbing again this season on EU and there some hunters, but they most certainly are not majority or too strong.

Hunter can have perfect draw and kill you by turn 7 ... so what. Warrior aggro can kill by turn 6. Is there anyone qqing about that ? Druid control can kill you by turn 8 and it's control. Who is qqing about that. Warrior control can kill you by turn 9 and again it's control.

It's just hard to understand where is all this qq coming from.
Reply Quote
04/08/2014 03:33 PMPosted by Repefin

It's just hard to understand where is all this qq coming from.

It is coming from rank 20 players or people who think ranked is "too serious" and play casual.
Reply Quote
I don't want to get into the argument of UtH again but the thread goes like this:

People who play against hunters (and even one hunter player): arguments and reasoning why UtH is problematic or why certain strategies like 1-2 minions are not working for certain classes. One hunter player states that he can easily force players to either play or have more than 2 minions (thanks to Leeroy)

Hunter Players: Ad hominems galore
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 06:29 AMPosted by Asmodean
Ad hominems galore

It's easier than to explain rationally why their arguments are wrong, since they keep saying the same thing over and over again.

In fact, I can explain right now why Hunter seems so OP without even mentioning the class's mechanics at all: you can make a great Hunter deck on budget, while with other classes you need epics and legendaries, especially if you want to play control. This is why Hunter just seems so much better, because they have good decks and most other people don't. This is also why you see so many other aggro decks at lower ranks.

There is also the skill factor, but I feel like this has been debated so much you can just open a random thread here and you'll see what you need to do vs Hunters.
Reply Quote
UTH reminds me of my spike shot goblin deck in MTG. Had amazing synergy as it was an all artifact deck, even had artifact resources thaf combined with some card that I forget its name allowed me to hit for 8 direct damage by turn 4...... was truly an amazing synergy, but the cards alone were pretty weak.

Yet no one there cried when they lost, and I had a 70% win rate with the deck in competition.

UTH is fine, it just has great synergy.
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 06:50 AMPosted by Jberry0410
UTH reminds me of my spike shot goblin deck in MTG. Had amazing synergy as it was an all artifact deck, even had artifact resources thaf combined with some card that I forget its name allowed me to hit for 8 direct damage by turn 4...... was truly an amazing synergy, but the cards alone were pretty weak.

Yet no one there cried when they lost, and I had a 70% win rate with the deck in competition.

Comparing MtG and HS is wrong on so many levels. The biggest difference is for example that MtG has instants which can be played during an opponent's turn. So, even if you have cards with a great synergy, the opponent can do something against it. In HS, you simply can't do a minor AoE as an instant or counterspell during the opponent's turn to destroy the combo.
Edited by Asmodean on 4/9/2014 7:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 07:00 AMPosted by Asmodean
In HS, you simply can't do a minor AoE as an instant or counterspell during the opponent's turn to destroy the combo.

But you can, if you're a Hunter. Ok, I'm just throwing fuel to the fire here huh? Just don't play too many minions and get some taunters, and even if they get 1 UTH off you're still fine, just don't lose by the time they play the 2nd UTH and you won the game. I've also seens Tides of Time playing Warrior vs Hunter and he just got like 40 armor in a turn and auto won vs Hunter, why does no one complain about that instead?
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 07:00 AMPosted by Asmodean
04/09/2014 06:50 AMPosted by Jberry0410

Comparing MtG and HS is wrong on so many levels. The biggest difference is for example that MtG has instants which can be played during an opponent's turn. So, even if you have cards with a great synergy, the opponent can do something against it. In HS, you simply can't do a minor AoE as an instant or counterspell during the opponent's turn to destroy the combo.

My point was neither spike shot goblin, nor cranial plating were great cards. But by putting them in an artifact deck I could come out smacking you with 20+ direct damage by turn 5 if I had a good draw.

It helped that most ignored spike shot until it was to late, you couldnt block his damage either as it was an ability.

Hunter decks work the same, lame cards alone but amazing synergy.
Edited by Jberry0410 on 4/9/2014 7:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ok, after reading this entire post i have to say that anyone who thinks the UtH is OP is just not playing there decks to the best of there ability .

I play all the decks and i can honestly say , that each deck is as good as the person playing it , the cards dont matter, ive been beaten 32 times in one day on my hunter deck, and won 15 -20 time on another day , despite what some people want you to think its not the cards in of them selves that make a deck op, its how you play them , you can take two identical decks and one person will see it as op and the other will think it sucks , its all in play-style , same as it had been in all card game from yugiho to pokemon and even MTG .

Again i play all the decks , and they all have cards and card combos that can break the match and are easily considered op. its not just one card that makes or breaks a match , if you dont know to combo your cards with the right cards to get maximum effect then you are hurting yourself , and if you dont know how to play against it , dont come here complaining just drop a taunt and you will find most of your problems will be was smaller than you think .

I saw someone further up in this post say something about secrets needing to be able to be affected by silence , why in the world should they be ? all classes have secrets , most are better than hunter secrets any ways. and for people who really wanna fuss about the op nature of UtH , its a 2 mana cost card that summons a 1/1 hound that has charge for each enemy minion in play , the lowest health taunt i can think of right now is 0/2 mage summons , it cost 1 mana i think it summons 2 minion with taunt , so there is that for mages , at the lowest cost i can think of , you have effectively stopped the UtH card , all you have to do is drop a tuant , and 2-4 of the hounds ( if it even summons that many )are down . but say the hunter combos with one of the buff cards ..well drop a low cost taunt and then either aoe or target the buff card , its simple and yet people refuse to do it , they would rather be on here complaining about a single Card .....which incidentally isnt the most op in the game.IMO the most op card in the game is probably the Deathwing , but the is just IMO, and the worst card combo is the priest double health then match attack to health combo ...kills me every time, and has gotten me to the point where i will just concede a match to a priest if i come against one in either casual or ranked play, if played correctly a 2 mana minion the on the next turn a total of 3 mana to double the health and then match attack to health , can give a pretty powerful minion.

And no before anyone accuses me of only playing hunter because its a easy deck , i play wow also and i have 4 hunters , 2 90s a 70 and a 40 all hunters all different specs , and both allie and horde. i been playing wow since bc , i love hunter class, love the way it plays, love the pets and the thrill of the stalk to get them , so when i started this game i choose what i was at least some what familiar with , i did not choose it because of UtH or any other card.
Reply Quote
UTH doesn't need to be nerfed - NOTHING needs to be nerfed in this game, in both arena and constructed the highest win rates for the top class is 53% each. That doesn't scream "nerf", however the priest has an abysmal 41% win rate in BOTH constructed and arena. The only thing this game needs is buffs to currently useless spells. Make spells more useful and you'll forget all about how powerful unleash is. If you nerf unleash then hunter will become like priest.

What we need is to buff current spells that are essentially useless, for instance why not increase the mana cost for both Inner Fire and Silence, but add in a card draw? I see that as pretty fair for the priest class, considering their cards trade so horribly anyway ,why not give them options for card draw?

Either that or allow streamlined combos for them like you have with hunter and ULH/buzzard/timber/scavenging.

Perhaps make a priest spell that does something, and as a side effect deals 1 damage to all your minions, then you can combo it with holy nova/circle of healing and northshire.

Long story short - buff other classes, don't nerf current stuff.
Edited by gabriot on 4/9/2014 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 10:35 AMPosted by gabriot
Long story short - buff other classes, don't nerf current stuff.

That would be great, really. Another thing that blizz should do (and are probably working on) is adding new cards, since it would change the metagame and card interactions, which could bring back otherwise dead cards. For example, Shiv is a bad card, but when you put it in Miracle it actually becomes pretty good.
Reply Quote
yep yep, Meldwyn tell me more about it, meanwhile hunter keep hitting ur face with charges dudes, weapon, secrets and the lovely hero power, Pliz , hunters are game ruining, coz that UTH.
Edited by eldemarianao on 4/9/2014 2:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sh*** It's not Gamebreaking, it's Drawbreaking.
Reply Quote
UTH would be fine if not for the Buzzard combo, make the buzzard only able to do max 2-3 draws a turn, Make it a 2/4 to compensate the hunters for synergy lost.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]