just incase you guys missed it

There is a Q and A over at liquidhearth.com with kripp and artosis and one of the questions they were asked is what should happen with UTH. guess what the pros said. that its overpowered and needs to be changed. So all of you're "you guys are just unskilled and don't know how to play around it" bull!@#$ arguments aren't really valid anymore. So now what is the new argument?
Reply Quote
Meh, I was leaning more towards it needing to be changed because it's bad design, not fun to play against and prevents other Hunter cards from being better, so Hunter decks are usually just focused around UTH. I don't really consider Hunter OP, but I've always considered it one of the best decks ever since I saw Reynad play it.

Keep in mind you can still play around it though, and a lot of people here clearly make no effort to do so.
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 11:47 AMPosted by Cuddlemnster
There is a Q and A over at liquidhearth.com with kripp and artosis and one of the questions they were asked is what should happen with UTH. guess what the pros said. that its overpowered and needs to be changed. So all of you're "you guys are just unskilled and don't know how to play around it" bull!@#$ arguments aren't really valid anymore. So now what is the new argument?

Way to blatantly lie. Just watched it and they actually disagreed. Artosis saying that it needs to be nerfed and Kripparian saying that it extremely hit or miss. They even both agreed that it relies heavily on your opponent playing very poorly. Of course I never expect whiners to be intellectually honest, so...
Reply Quote
1. who made artosis the be all expert on what should be changed? ever?
2. kripp didn't say it was overpowered, just that he drafted 5 of them in arena and wrecked with them. i could draft 5 fire elemtals andwreck with them as well, or 4 flame strikes, or 3 truesilvers
3. our arguments aren't magically invalidated because one person of note disagrees
Reply Quote
OH HI MR BIGTALLGUY, the guy that asked the question. kripp's statement is in an ARENA perspective only, (he also referred to it as a card you pick as if its a fireball( a card you always pick in arena), a 2 mana fireball) in which he said it is extremely hit or miss, but "mostly hit". the miss being if you dont get a chance to draft a buzzard or any other combo cards. which is not the case in constructed. hit being if you draft a buzzard or other combo cards, which is the case in constructed. This argument is not about arena. Artosis is more of an expert than you im sure, mr biasedtallguy, so his opinion is certainly more validated than yours. why ask the question if you are just going to bash the guy for what he says, sounds like you got butthurt by his response so now you have to talk !@#$.
"so you just do some of these combos and you just win the game" "now it's this card that's the problem with hunter" of course never expect huntards to be intellectually honest.
Edited by Cuddlemnster on 4/5/2014 3:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
*rolls eyes* i was interested in the opinion, doesn't mean i take his word as gospel. how am i talking sh*T about artosis? please quote me where i'm bashing artosis, show me how i'm being biased, i insist

if you want a decent conversation, stop name calling anyone who disagrees with you, it only serves to discount your own position.

and don't call someone intellectually dishonest when your entire post is filled with logical fallacies
Reply Quote
Could you please link the specific video that this is said in?

Or provide a transcript of the entire section in question?

That way we can transparently see what was said rather than rely on a summary from someone who may or may not be biased.
Reply Quote
OH HI MR BIGTALLGUY, the guy that asked the question. kripp's statement is in an ARENA perspective only, (he also referred to it as a card you pick as if its a firebal( a card you always pick in arena), a 2 mana fireball) in which he said it is extremely hit or miss, but "mostly hit". the miss being if you dont get a chance to draft a buzzard or any other combo cards. which is not the case in constructed. hit being if you draft a buzzard or other combo cards, which is the case in constructed. This argument is not about arena. Artosis is more of an expert than you im sure, mr biasedtallguy, so his opinion is certainly more validated than yours. why ask the question if you are just going to bash the guy for what he says, sounds like you got butthurt by his response so now you have to talk !@#$.
"so you just do some of these combos and you just win the game" "now it's this card that's the problem with hunter" of course never expect huntards to be intellectually honest.

Again with the blatent lies. It was Artosis that said it was just hit. You are again trying to mislead by attributing what Artosis said to kripparian to make it seem like they agree. Maybe you should just stop. Anyone with half a brain can see you are spewing absolute bull!@#$. That's the beauty of the internet. We can see what they actually said ad spouses to what you CLAIM they said.
Edited by Speedwell on 4/5/2014 6:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I'm higher ranked than both of them, and I say it's fine.
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 06:02 PMPosted by Speedwell
OH HI MR BIGTALLGUY, the guy that asked the question. kripp's statement is in an ARENA perspective only, (he also referred to it as a card you pick as if its a firebal( a card you always pick in arena), a 2 mana fireball) in which he said it is extremely hit or miss, but "mostly hit". the miss being if you dont get a chance to draft a buzzard or any other combo cards. which is not the case in constructed. hit being if you draft a buzzard or other combo cards, which is the case in constructed. This argument is not about arena. Artosis is more of an expert than you im sure, mr biasedtallguy, so his opinion is certainly more validated than yours. why ask the question if you are just going to bash the guy for what he says, sounds like you got butthurt by his response so now you have to talk !@#$.

Again with the blatent lies. It was Artosis that said it was mostly just hit. You are again trying to mislead by attributing what Artosis said to Riparian to make it seem like they agree. Maher you should just stop. Anyone with half a brain can see you are spewing absolute bull!@#$. That's the beauty of the internet. We can see what they actually said ad spouses to what you CLAIM they said.

artosis said in ranked it is "all hit". kripp said it is hit or miss depending on if you can draft the combo or not. the quotes i used were word for word, as you will be able to see if you actually watch the video without your blinders on. here's the link. http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/hearthstone/1802-esgn-artosis-and-kripp-ama-questions-answered second video a couple minutes in.

EDIT: 3:23 second video on page.
Edited by Cuddlemnster on 4/5/2014 6:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
wow artosis, winner of the tournament, saying uth needs a mana increase. Still a fine card tho right hunters?
Reply Quote

so one of two random ppl said to nerf it and you run to the forums and yell it at the top of your lungs that nerfing is the way to go wow

and why does everybody put so much stock into streamers 90 percent of them will just tell you what you want to hear(need to keep up there uhm followers?) so why should i put stock into some guy thats streaming and that he's getting paid to do it say?
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 09:44 PMPosted by Piviot

so one of two random ppl said to nerf it and you run to the forums and yell it at the top of your lungs that nerfing is the way to go wow

and why does everybody put so much stock into streamers 90 percent of them will just tell you what you want to hear(need to keep up there uhm followers?) so why should i put stock into some guy thats streaming and that he's getting paid to do it say?

pagle and tinkmaster were changed cause the same streamers !@#$%ed about them in constructed
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 10:10 PMPosted by drfuzzy
pagle and tinkmaster were changed cause the same streamers !@#$%ed about them in constructed

Actually, tournament organizers considered outright banning those cards regardless of what Blizzard did, but never went through with it. Their problem was that their RNG component was too big, a problem this game often faces.

UTH could use a change, but even if it remains the same I don't think Hunters are OP and neither do the pros. In fact, Hunter placed 6th in Liquidhearth's power rankings (although I believe they might have underestimated it a bit as well and would have put it on par with the top 4 decks).
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 10:47 PMPosted by Pugnator
04/05/2014 10:10 PMPosted by drfuzzy

Actually, tournament organizers considered outright banning those cards regardless of what Blizzard did, but never went through with it. Their problem was that their RNG component was too big, a problem this game often faces.

UTH could use a change, but even if it remains the same I don't think Hunters are OP and neither do the pros. In fact, Hunter placed 6th in Liquidhearth's power rankings (although I believe they might have underestimated it a bit as well and would have put it on par with the top 4 decks).

Dude Liquidhearth power is nothing more but an opinion. There is no raw data whatsoever. Which evidently for some people is sufficient to draw an inlogical conclusion from.

@to OP

Whatever Artosis and Krip says is likewise invalid since their very opinions is biased. I am all for nerfing Hunters, however you can't base your main nerfing arguments on opinions, regardless of how pro they are.
Edited by Calculus on 4/6/2014 5:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I was never basing my argument on that, UTH was way OP before they said it, and is still OP after they said it. The combo gives a very unfair advantage to hunters. God forbid a shaman or a paladin wants to play his !@#$ing hero ability. That hunter will be drawing a 6th of his entire deck with 4 mana. It literally renders 2 hero abilities completely useless. If the hunter is penalizing a player for USING HIS HERO ABILITY something is very wrong with that.
Edited by Cuddlemnster on 4/6/2014 9:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/06/2014 05:09 AMPosted by Calculus

@to OP

Whatever Artosis and Krip says is likewise invalid since their very opinions is biased. I am all for nerfing Hunters, however you can't base your main nerfing arguments on opinions, regardless of how pro they are.

Biased or not, Trump also has said UTH could use a nerf.
Don't know what you think, but if a streamer who plays HS 6 hours per day says something needs nerfing, I'd take his words for it. Hearing the same from two other well known HS players just backs it up even more.

Do these guys know how to play around UTH? Yes, no doubt about that.

Does that mean they'll win with Shaman/Paladin (or whatever non-Warrior class that struggles) vs Hunter more than half the time? From what I've seen, certainly not.

Is it fun to play against UTH Hunter? 9 out of 10 HS players says no.
Reply Quote
04/06/2014 05:09 AMPosted by Calculus
Dude Liquidhearth power is nothing more but an opinion.

Which is why I also stated my opinion. It still shows that Hunter isn't generally considered OP. UTH, however, seems like it's a bit badly designed.
Reply Quote
Never lost to it myself, I play a Hunter deck myself and don't use it... find Snake trap to be just as potent
Reply Quote
For all you guys worshiping the streamers here, just a little heads up. All these streamers, each and every one of them, are control players at heart, not aggro. Moreover other than Krip who came from Diablo and other RPGs, the rest(Artosis and Trump as mentioned by name in this thread) are former Starcraft players. Why does this matter you ask? Because in Starcraft rushing is considered "cheesy" and "noobish tactics" that self respecting pros shouldn't resort to. This is the bias they're carrying over to Hearthstone, which isn't an RTS like Starcraft but a TCG, where aggro decks are an integral part of the game, just like control, mid-range and combo. There's nothing cheesy or noobish about playing aggro decks in TCGs, and aggro decks take just as much skill as control, ask any MTGO Pauper player for example which decks are the most difficult to play. I guarantee you that Goblins, the signature aggro deck of MTG across all formats since the very beginning, is 1 of the hardest decks to play well. Same is true for other formats as well by the way, using pauper as an example as it's the closest format to what Hearthstone is as the rares and mythic rares in MTG are way more powerful than legendaries in Hearthstone are.

So, a bunch of control player who hate aggro with a passion are asked to comment about UTH in the context of aggro Hunter decks. Anyone with half a brain could foresee their answers. That, ladies and gentlemen is pure bias, and nothing but bias. I've explained the reasoning behind this bias above, accept it or decline it, that's your choice, but I strongly encourage you actually use your brain rather than blindly worship a bunch of streamers, or anyone for that matter. There's a reason each and every one of us has free will, you know, don't let someone else dictate to you what and how you think.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]