I'm stuck at rank 13-15, any advice?

Usually lose to warlock rogue and hunter rush decks and any other classes when I get a lvl 8 legendary at start and I replace it and usually get a lvl 6+ card, which cripples me at the start. Sometimes I am forced to use important removals early to survive rushes, when I am given a !@#$ty hand.

I do not have some of the other legendary cards that warrior control decks use.

Here is my deck:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/warrior#50:2;69:1;73:1;74:1;96:1;161:2;215:2;227:2;297:1;303:1;328:2;366:1;428:2;450:1;493:2;495:1;498:1;503:1;632:2;643:1;644:2;
Reply Quote
Deck seems fine. I would take out Inner Rage and put in Cleave if you're having problems with aggro decks....actually i would do it personally even if you aren't. The only Legendary you're "missing" is Barron, which is also hurting you a lot in the aggro matches, and again cleave helps fill that void.

Final thing of note, welcome to the joy of playing warrior control. Sometimes you just get bent over on starting hands.

http://i.imgur.com/u5fZxL7.jpg

That is not the worst opening hand I've ever had, that should tell you something about what will happen on occasion. All you can do is try to maintain the board. You don't have to kill everything, Singleton minions with 3 or less attack can be ignored for a few turns while you dig for cards if it's not a heavy go face aggro deck.
Reply Quote
This is a horrible deck no wonder why you are at rank 13. im currently at rank 7 on my warrior deck and i started like 2-3 days ago. you need to get rid of everything and redo it and put all legendarys in it like me here is my list.

1 slam (i sometimes sub out 2 slams and 1 frosting beserker)
2 whirlwinds
2 armorsmiths
2 executes
2 shield slams
2 sheild block
2 acolyte of pain
2 taskmaster
2 fiery war axes
2 frosting besker
1 brawl

2 faceless
1 big game hunter
1 carinebloof
1 grom
1 baron geddon
1 yesa
1 alexstra
1 rag
1 slyavnnas

yea.. this deck is op just armor up every turn play smart wait till late game and own.. controll warrior :D Thank reynad for this deck.
Reply Quote
My deck is like 80% similiar to that ^ lol, u basically are using the same deck as me with a few legendaries I dont have
Reply Quote
when do u guys use acolyte of pain?
Reply Quote
04/10/2014 11:02 PMPosted by A2G
when do u guys use acolyte of pain?

Aco should only be used whe you can combo him with something, be it a Whirlwind, Inner Rage, Cruel Taskmaster, Wild Pyro or something else, on the same turn. Otherwise he will either be immediately one-shot by the opponent or silenced.
Reply Quote
Hey A2G, with warrior control decks those "few legendaries" are what win u games. Without those you can't play control well enough to get higher ranked. Control is all about lasting to late game and using those legendaries. Without them, I suggest using a different strategy like aggro
Reply Quote
What would be a good warrior aggro deck? I am missing some cards so that might be worse for me?
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 11:11 AMPosted by A2G
What would be a good warrior aggro deck? I am missing some cards so that might be worse for me?

Here is my warrior aggro deck, I just got up to rank 5 today with it, will see if get the rest of the way tomorrow.

2x Inner Rage
2x Leper Gnome
2x Amani Berserker
2x Bloodsail Raider
2x Cruel Taskmaster
2x Fiery Waraxe
2x Heroic Strike
2x Slam
2x Arcane Golem
2x Frothing Berserker
1x King Mukla
2x Raging Worgen
2x Arathi Weaponsmith
2x Kor'kron Elite
1x Leeroy Jenkins
2x Arcanite Reaper
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 11:11 AMPosted by A2G

Don't listen to them. You aren't missing much, Baron is the only card not in your list. Trust me, your deck is fine. Just play more with it and keep improving how you play. With your list you're honestly just not playing properly if you're stuck at rank 12, it's not the 1 missing legendary.
Reply Quote
my bad A2G, sticky boots is right. I guess i didnt see the whole deck list on hearthpwn A2G. you have every legendary necessary for control deck. at that point its just playing properly. Its being very patient
Reply Quote
Thank you, is there a guide on how to play control warriors properly? A good guide?
Edited by A2G on 4/11/2014 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://hearthstoneplayers.com/journey-to-legend-season-4-part-1/

this might help, if not just watch people streaming on twitch and read up anything else u can find. takes time and practice, thats what I'm doing :P
Reply Quote
Drop the Ysera for sure. The swamp ooze is interesting but it doesn't seem like weapons are what you are having troubles with. Rogues can easily replace them and hunter weapons aren't really what win them the games. Don't get me wrong, its nice to get rid of those bows but thats usually not what the problem is. If you really want weapon removal id get Harrison. Inner rage can be useful but I think cleave would be of much more use vs aggro
Reply Quote
Hey, Warrior Brothers!

I am no pro, stick around rank 11-10 but don't play much, think i can climb up some ranks in future.

I checked your decklist and got some tipps for you:

You have to get stronger in mid Game, so you can reach late game better.

Think about cards like:

Abomination (perfect against rush decks)
Senjin Shieldmasta (saved my balls every game)
Spell-Breaker (at least you should run 1x , 2x are better)
Cleave (same as Abo)
Pyro (maybe, I don't run him but other Control Warriors do)

and last save your dust for Baron Geddon like I do he is missing <3

I would take out faceless, i dropped him and never looked back at him.

i realised very late that BGH is the dead card in 90%, I dropped him as well.
But its up to you!
Edited by Thoras on 4/26/2014 3:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]